Vote for Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney!!Ryan!
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
He is a very Good Person. he helped a lot of people. He have the best resume to run our country. I think we heard enough testimonies from the RNC convention how good he is and that he is very helpful!! He is honest and therefore won't let us down. He is running for President to help our country and to help our families !! He is running for President to pay all the debts that Pres. Obama and the previous Presidents have accumulated. So we will have economic freedom.

To all those who don't know what it is like to be in a country who owes a lot of debt from foreign countries, well, I have lived and experienced that. When I was young about 5 to 7 years old. I lived in a different country wherein a President was good on his first term so everything was ok and our economy was also good. I remembered as a child I keep on asking my Mom a penny or 2 to buy candies accross the street but when our president became re-elected, he started to be corrupt. Similar to what Pres. Obama is doing, giving money to his cronies to run businesses, (similar to what Obama did like Solyndra and GMC etc..) borrowing billions and trillions of money to other countries until our country went bankrupt. So when our country was bankrupt that was in my high school years and college years the value of our money is like worthless. 100 bucks is worth nothing, the value is like $ 1.00 a penny can't be used anymore because it is not worth anything but when I was young when our country's economy was still ok or when our country was not in so much debt yet, I could buy a candy for a penny but when our country was already bankrupt, all we could afford is to buy food. There were lots of time that my mother don't have any money at all to buy food . One day I remembered my mother asked me to go to our backyard and look for vegetables for our lunch and I was only 10 years old then. I know and I have lived a life before and after our country went backrupt. It is really very hard, prices will go very high. We could not even afford to buy vehicles so we have to walk to school everyday although sometimes I get a ride if my Mom will get extra money from her business. My parents are teachers but due to economic hardship they have to get another job to feed all of us 5 siblings. Our house is empty , all we have are chairs and refrigerator, nothing else we don't have any tv, stereos etc... because once a coutry goes bankrupt the salary is no longer enough to buy anything except food and sometimes we could hardly afford to buy food. My parents since they are school teachers it is considered a decent job in our country , compared to others they have decent salaries and yet we are poor. We even have acres of farm , they bought it when the economy of our country was not that bad yet or when I was younger. can only emagine those people who don't have jobs and dont have a fix income. It is really hard. Believe me that President was really doing similar to what Obama is doing, giving taxpayer money to his cronnies and borrowing money year after year to foreign countries, that is the kind of President who is a BAD PRESIDENT LIKE Senator Rubio Said President Obama is a bad President it is true what he is doing is BAD FOR OUR COUNTRY!! I am just sharing what I have learn from the media about President Obama and my personal experience in my childhood in a different country !!! I am glad that I am here now in the U.S. but I am hoping that I will not experienced like what I have experience before.

Like Clint Eastwood said : The Politicians are our employees: If they ( Barack Obama) is not doing his job WE GOT TO LET HIM GO !! !!!! SO Hope People will be SMART And Vote for the Right Person for our Country and I believe that will be PRESIDENTIAL CAND. : MITT ROMNEY!!!! Paul Ryan

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/1/2012)]

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/1/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 9 years ago
Your parents are teachers and you are still voting Republican?! Wow.
Top
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 9 years ago
Your parents don't teach English, do they?
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Mitt Romney is an honorable and wonderful man, a leader we so desperately need!!!

In the country where I live before, there are no Unions , teachers are not members of Union unlike here which is very good!! I am proud of our education in that country . We don't speak English there on a daily basis, yet we understand and we could communicate English if we have to or we need to.

In that country we have a President who is doing like what Pres. Obama is doing so our country went bankrupt!!!

I am kind of frustrated of how education is in our country. It seems the teachers are not doing enough to teach our children, I guess it has something to do that they are members of the UNION!!! Teachers are protected by Unions so they are not worried if they do their job or not, in return our kids don't get good education. I like the plan of Mitt Romney wherein the education of our children is first priority!! and it should be because our children are the future of our country!!! I said this because I sent my kid once to a private school, I observed that at night when I ask him to do his homework , he doesn't need help because he knows all the answers. Because of hardship he is studying now in a public school, and I observed that every afternoon I have to help him understand his homework because he doesn't know the answers . I am not a teacher by profession so I can only help my kid what I can. I wish teachers in the public sector would do a better job comparable to what the teachers in the private sector at least. There is really a big difference. I wish I could afford to send him back to private school But it seems our economy is obviously deteriorating, things are now more getting more and more expensive. The value of the dollar is getting lower so I couldn't afford to send my children anymore to private school. I wish the teachers would do more . I really think like many others that the UNION is not good for anybody. I heard in the news that Union Bosses have big salaries. It is really time to have a change in our President. We got to let Pres. Obama go... as Clint Eastwood said. And find someone who could help us in our economy, and have good policies.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/1/2012)]

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/1/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 9 years ago
WRONG!!!!

The problem is that Republicans are killing public education by underfunding it. They want to privatize it. Teachers (and Unions) are not the problem. We need to hire MORE teachers to take the burden off the ones we have.

Mind you, they are killing public education to give tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires.

I don't know what this mythical "other" country you came from, but you should do your homework a little better, especially since your parents are teachers.

[This message has been edited by Kelly (9/1/2012)]
Top
Posted by boxdmc (+89) 9 years ago
The best way for the Federal Govt to "help" education is to GET OUT of it. One size doesn't fit all whether the issue is No child left behind or segregation or whatever. Leave the states to determine an "adequate" or "exemplary" education.
Yes, some teachers vote for Republicans. This should not be a suprise. The teachers union has many adjendas that have nothing to do with education.
And please don't say Teachers aren't doing enough to teach our kids. Most teachers are highly dedicated to teaching students. Everybody talks about bad teachers but I can tell you, there are very few. Teachers do the best they can with teaching in spite of the Federal requirements, and the general waste of money in a school district.

As far as Mitt goes it's like voting for the lesser of 2 evils. Do I like Mitt? No. Do I think he'd do a good job as Pres? Yes.
All I know for sure is OMG
Obama Must Go
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
So, you want states to pay for all education? Which means poor states, like Montana, will have to make due with substandard education. What a swell idea!

Teacher should be paid better than football players in my humble opinion, but that will never happen. However, I also believe the wealthy need to pay their fair share in order to improve the economy, which will improve funding for education.

And before you whine about how much the rich are paying now, they are paying a FRACTION of what they did in the days when this country's economy was on-track. Mitten can afford to pay more than 13% of his income, which would drop to LESS THAN ONE PERCENT under Ryan's plan.

If the Republicans cared about this country, they would have worked with the President to fix the economy. Instead, they devoted their power to thwarting him at every chance just so they could gain more power.

Remember Mitch McConnell and how much he cares about you.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
My kids are born here so they are U.S, citizens so they are Americans , they have American Dad too. So I assume they are qualified to go to public school.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Yes, you are right , we need more teachers, but I think we need to fix our economy first before we could have all the luxury we want , like more teachers etc... We need a better President to fix our economy. I did not see a good economy in President Obama. Clinton was a democrat he was a good President , even if the Republicans did not work with him he was able to do it. I guess it depends upon a President.

Just a thought , I just check, in the Private sector they have 24 students enrolled in their class, in the public sector there are 21 students in a class. So I think it still depends on the teacher if the teacher will do her part. A student will still learn. but I agree that we need more teachers but how can we have this luxury if our country have 15 trillion debt? I think We need to have a President first who will keep his promise to pay our debt so we have a budget for the teachers in my opinion.

Also I am just sharing my personal experience with the school so I don't need a homework about that and other things that I shared here is what I hear from the news and I assume they did their homework.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/1/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2706) 9 years ago
Yes, but what does that have to do with your argument?
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
The answer about my kids being Americans is the answer to Amorette Allison's comment about about my kids getting free education and being paid by Montana. Well, since they are Americans , I assume they are qualified to go to public school. Also since the value of the dollar is getting lower and I could no longer afford to send them to private school .
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Amorette meant that the republicans wish to get rid of the free public school system and use the voucher system instead...and to choke out good education completely by not funding it...
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Angel2, I believe that your children will have not trouble getting into Public School if they have met all the pre-requisites. I have experienced sending children to both public and private and have found them comparable..other than the addition of religion in the private school.

I feel like the Unions are for a reason, Angel2. There was the tendency to require specific education for these wonderful, necessary people...and, the tendency to pay them far less than their worth. I am sorry that your parents do not have access to a good Union. I totally believe that teachers earn every penny and deserve more than they receive. If your child is having trouble with his curriculum in public school, they will assist you in getting to the bottom of the problem. Maybe he is not prepared for the subject matter???

I wish you luck and am sorry you feel like you do about President Obama. Possibly, if you were to understand how our government has been working...you may think differently. Whenever you secure all of your information from the media, you do limit yourself somewhat.
There are some very good books that explain how that works.

It does sound like you have lived where you have a dictator. Must have been very difficult.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
Although I will be voting for President Obama, with all things considered Mittens ain't too bad a pick to come out of the Party of Wingnuts. We could have had Bachman, Gingrich, Santorum, etc....

However, as I have posted many time here in the past year, the greatest threat to the United States of America is Republican Tea Party extremism. This election will be the easiest one ever for me to vote - I will vote the straight Democratic ticket. Unlike 2008 when I actually voted for 3 Republicans because I thought they were the most qualified candidates.

Don't vote for Mitt, or any other Republican until they return to their conservative roots. Extremism is bad for America.
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
+200,000 for Gunnar
Top
Posted by Smiley (+847) 9 years ago
I've got to say, why would I listen to Angel2 when she can't even articulate the message? Obama is not a businessman, but he is a damn good person. This country needs a damn good person to run this country and keep it out of the ground.
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Yes Smiley! and to try to correct Bush's many, many mistakes which one cannot do in just 4 years with a congress that disrupts him at every turn...
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
The government is NOT a business. This argument makes me want to tear my hair out! The purpose of a business to make money. Period.

The purpose of government is to provide services like the common defense, public education, public highways, and, in a sane world, public health services. Things that are not about making money for shareholders but are for the common good.

Romney knows how to make money and outsource jobs, especially if you start from well up the ladder and are born to money. How will that help provide a decent infrastructure where the idea is not making money?

On the other hand, if we ran government as a business, we would do a lot more looting and a lot less bribing when we invade a country for no particular reason.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 9 years ago
I'm totally impressed with the Romney - Ryan ticket! They have always been and will always be the grand protectors of Medicare!
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
I am also impressed of how smart and how he saved the Olympics from bankruptcy. I am sure he will do a great job to our country if he is elected the President. He will clean every corrupt department of the government he can find, just like what he did in the Olympics.
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Bob...are you sure you did not mean to say, "Vouchercare"?
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
angel, I think Bob II is being sarcastic...they are not going to save Medicare and will try with everything they have to do away with it...Romney started out with a lot of money and any jobs he created were overseas not here...that is why he won't release his tax returns because they show that's what he did...he released just two years and is the first presidential candidate to refuse more years to release...If the government is so interested in your vagina and what you are doing with it, then we should be able to see his tax returns too...
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
saved the olympics

Pretty sure there's no point in discussing any of this with a true believer.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 9 years ago
Well known fact - Romney got tons of government money, state and federal, to "save" the Olympics.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
He will clean every corrupt department of the government he can find, just like what he did in the Olympics.


I was trying to stay civil here, but now, its really time to put down the crack pipe.
Top
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
Just a thought , I just check, in the Private sector they have 24 students enrolled in their class, in the public sector there are 21 students in a class.


What the . . . ? What does this mean? What school, what state, what class? My neighbor, a junior high English teacher, once had 40 kids in her class. Yes, forty.

Mitt Romney is all things to all people. That's not honesty. That's pandering.
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
They call him "Windsock Romney" for a reason.
Top
Posted by Joe Whalen (+612) 9 years ago
boxdmc wrote:
The best way for the Federal Govt to "help" education is to GET OUT of it. One size doesn't fit all whether the issue is No child left behind or segregation or whatever.


This is dangerous talk, Doug, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't reflect your considered opinion or mainstream thinking in Miles City. What possible justification can there be for rolling back the desegregation of public schools and inviting the return of "separate but equal" bigotry practiced in violation of the 14th Amendment? If the deployment of the National Guard was required to enforce public schools integration in both Arkansas and Alabama as late as 1963, nearly a decade after the Brown v. Topeka Board of Education decision, what makes you think that Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, or Florida wouldn't immediately revert to "separate but equal" facilities, not just in public schools but in housing, employment, restaurants, hotels, public transportation, parks, etc.? There should be no question about the all-out race war that would be ignited from coast-to-coast in that event.

I may have irritated you earlier with my reference to angry white males on the right and, maybe, that wasn't entirely necessary. But I'm afraid that the suggestion of a return to "segregation or whatever" in public schools under the auspices of some flawed notion of states rights or administrative expediency leaves me stubbornly reluctant to retract it and that's too bad.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
What I don't understand is why the Republicans (some Republicans, I know some old school ones like Buckley or Eisenhower or Goldwater would be horrified) think they can push us backwards. We are not Time Lords. We can not go back in time. We can only move forward. We can only progress.

So why are progressives condemned? When moving forward is the only way to go?
Top
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
I knew you were a Doctor Who geek, Amorette
Top
Posted by boxdmc (+89) 9 years ago
Sorry Joe. I simply picked a few national education issues. I wasn't supporting or objecting to any of the aforementioned issues and I won't now since that's not my point. I just said keep the feds out. As for others in MC I don't speak for anyone but me.
I also tend to believe MT would have enough money to support its schools if we didn't have to jump through all the hoops the feds tell us to.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
Maybe we could pay for the lower grades but higher education would vanish from the map without federal funding. Especially when it comes to research. Remember all those Extension folks and experiment stations? Guess who pays for most of them?

Montana gets quite a bit more back than we pay in to the feds so we have no business to complain.

Are all fed plans great? No. That no child thing was a pile of horse manure and that is an insult to horse manure. But they pay for a great many other things, including many forms of special education, and we do NOT want to do without that.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
boxdmc wrote:
I also tend to believe MT would have enough money to support its schools if we didn't have to jump through all the hoops the feds tell us to.


Yes, let's leave that all up to our state legislature to fund education in Montana. Reflect on all their good works the past 10 years.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
So, you want states to pay for all education? Which means poor states, like Montana, will have to make due with substandard education. What a swell idea!

Amorette and howdy! I uderstand now what you mean, my mistake and apology, I know now what you mean....you didn't mean my kids since it wasn't in response to my post, you were referring to other comments here. I am very busy with work and kids ... I don't really have the time to read the whole post and all the post. That was the reason why I misunderstood your post because I just read a portion of it and I thought you were still referring to my post.

Anyway, I still like the Romney plan about education. A voucher system, wherein the voucher follows the child. So your child have the opportunity to choose which school you want. Private school or whatever. You have the right to choose what you think is the best school for your child. I like this for my kids and I don't know about you guys but when I was growing up in other country we have the right to choose our teacher in Grade school So if you are known to be a Bad Teacher you don't have that many enrollment in your class on the 1st day of enrollment and people look at you and wonder what kind of teacher you are.... so the tendency you will do better next time. There is a limit too in the enrollment so for students and parents who wants the best teacher you have to enroll early otherwise you don't have a choice. It is kind of a competition, competition is good because Teachers will be motivated to do their very best!!That is why I like the Romney Plan about education because you have the right to choose!! It is really good if you have the right to choose this is what is best for my kids in my view. If you have the money you can always enroll your kids in the private sector but what about those who don't have enough to pay for the private school? So that is why I like the Romney Plan . Freedom to choose is good this way teachers will be motivated to always strive to do better so they get enrollments

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/3/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
-What about kids that don't want to learn or have problems passing tests? The teacher is not usually at fault.

-One of the problems with the current "no child gets ahead" system is that teacher spend too much of their time doing student assessments, collaborating with other teachers, meeting the paperwork and documentation demands of the program that they don't get time to teach. They also have taken on the role of nurse, social worker, food provider, etc. The education profession is alway trying some "new" method to improve test scores. The state department of education is always monkeying around with scores. The first thing we should do is let teachers teach.

-The notion that schools should have funding taken away because they aren't meeting AYP is nothing more than trickle down economics for education. It doesn't work. And then you want to give a voucher to people so they can go someplace else. Meadow muffins!!! If you're not bright enough to see how broken the system is and think vouchers are the way to go, you're not bright enough to be making the decision were your kids should go to school. You deserve what you are getting.
Top
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
The voucher system is a recipe for disaster. Schools are currently funded on a per pupil basis. If public school enrollment declines due to students going elsewhere the students who stay will be at a disadvantage. The school will further decline without federal funding. Schools just on the edge of failing will simply be pushed off into oblivion. We should be supporting our schools, not finding ways to destroy them.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
We just need to go back to the Good Old Days when only the rich were educated. Keep the poor from getting so darned uppity.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
I am not sure about what you said but I still like the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!! we should be more worried about the students FIRST or our kids first before we worry about the public school. If the school is that great , the students will stay and the voucher will remain in the school. If the school is doing really that great then there is nothing to worry because the students won't go elsewhere. This would motivate teachers to do their best so students will not go elsehere. So there is really no difference, if teachers are doing their best effort to teach, the only difference is that students and parents have the freedom to choose and we get best education for our kids.

I know of two parents whose kids have a disabilitiy. They have complained that their kids are not getting enough education, their kids was just left under the care of an aid and just playing and going to hallways etc... most of the time ... she complained to the Special Ed Dept...but it did not really solve her problem, instead of staying home to take care of her kids she took a job so she could send her child to the private school to make sure her child get the best education he/she needed. The other parent of a disabled child when she told the Special Ed that she would take her child to the private school because of the same problem her child is not getting enough from the teacher they watned her that if she will do that she will lost all the benefits like Speech Therapy , O.T etc... so if there is a voucher system , parents will not worry that their child will lost the benefits of the child like the Physical therapy etc...because they have the freedom to choose to go to the best school and they don't feel threatened to go to the private school knowing that they will still get the benefits that their child needed like O.T. and other therapies etc... so the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE OR VOUCHER SYRTEM IS STILL THE BEST CHOICE FOR the kids with disability and all the kids who wants the best education .

And that parent who decided to take her child to the Private school was very satisfied... very satisfied and her child was doing great!!! but have to sacrifice getting a job so she could afford it. The poor other parent , was afraid to lost the Physical therapy etc... even if she wants to get the best school for her child too, she is stuck with whatever the school will provide to her child and whatever the school decides for her child she is still very unsatisfied with the education her child is getting but her child needs the therapists too ... It shouldn't be this way. Our kids deserve better than this so they will succeed when they grow up because they got a better training when they were in school. So Presidential Candidates Plan in Education is still the Brighter Plan for my kids.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/3/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Your notion that teachers need to be motivated to teach better and that a voucher system is the best way to accomplish that objective is procreateing morainic and offensive. All your voucher system does is move the problem to another location. It doesn't solve any problems.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
The objective of the Voucher System is the Kids first and teachers second!! if we are thinking about "offensive" think about the kids first who needs the help foremost before worrying that somebody will get offended, we will not progress, our kids will not progress if we worry that somebody will get offended. because of the Romney Plan!! I think his idea is smart. And by the way if a teacher knows that he/she is doing her very best she should not be offended knowing that you give your best!!! If that is what you mean.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/3/2012)]

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/3/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Angel, the voucher system or any system to privatize something like medicare or education etc is a recipe for disaster...believe me, they just want to get rid of any programs that cost money to help Americans and send it all overseas by declaring war on various countries and taking their oil, etc...that way our military industrial complex is kept busy...if you find time please google military indusrial complex and read what Eisenhower said about it...He was a wise man and a general as well as a president plus a republican...Plus continue to research every chance you get....Knowledge is power...
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Sorry howdy but I disagree with your comments. I don't believe that for a second about the Voucher system. I am still for Romney's Plan. I agree with his bright ideas. And I am confident with his success and I am confident that he will do great for our country. Like what they said " Don't judge a Book by its cover. People look at him and judge him but if you saw the convention and saw those who tell stories about him who knows him best , he is the exact opposite of what the Democrats have painted him to be.
Thanks for your advice about the google stuff , military etc...but I don't really have much time , I am going to sign off now. Don't have really much time here because I have to work , take care of family etc...I just want Romney to win because I like his plan about education, I want to find a person who will keep their promises that they will do. I want our country to be energy independent. I have seen the Obama administration. I am the kind of person who don't dwell on something even if it doesn't work , we need to move on and see if the other person can do it. Obama did not succeed and I don't lke a person who keeps on blaiming sombody because he failed or he did not succed because a mature and good leader is responsible you don't blame others. I WANT TO SEE IF ROMNEY CAN DO IT! IF NOT NO WORRY IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD VOTE FOR ANOTHER PRESIDENT AGTER 4 years. I dont like people on dwelling on their beilef that OBAMA MIGHT STILL KEEP HIS PROMISE !!! LET US MOVE ON !! We already saw his administration and we are not better off in his administration , and yet he keep on promising us for what!!! Let us not be deceive. if you are a democrat there are many democrats out there way better than OBAMA. Let us try Romney for now !!!

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/3/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
The objective of the Voucher System is the Kids first and teachers second!! if we are thinking about "offensive" think about the kids first who needs the help foremost before worrying that somebody will get offended, we will not progress, our kids will not progress if we worry that somebody will get offended. because of the Romney Plan!! I think his idea is smart. And by the way if a teacher knows that he/she is doing her very best she should not be offended knowing that you give your best!!! If that is what you mean.


What qualifies you to make the decision about where to spend that voucher should you get one? What quantitative measurements will you use in your evaluation? How will you know if you have a good teacher or not?

You are deluded if you think that a voucher system puts kids first. It does not do that. It destroys positive learning environments for kids. I frankly don't want my tax money going to support private schools. If you want to put your kids in a private school because that is "putting them first" then you should bear the cost.

Romeny is a freekin windsock that will say anything to get elected. Privatization of education, healthcare, social security leads ONLY to corruption and allows the 1%ers that he hangs out with to prosper. It is disastrous for the rest of us.

It took the republicans 12 years to screw up this country. The notion that Obama should have only four year to fix it is unrealistic. Romney will take us back to the failed policies of the past. Why do you want to go there?
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
You have the right in your opinion but I pay a lot of taxes too. So I think everybody has the right to where their taxes go. Well may the best candidate win. Thanks.
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Just a question...if the intent is to use the tax dollar for Vouchers so folks choose which school...won't all of the schools then have to be Public schools? Wouldn't they be unable to be selective about who attends? Wouldn't the legislature have to attempt to get that passed? Seems like it is an old, old idea that never caught fire. Sure ringing a bell for some reason:-) Might have been in the '80's.

Just one note as well...we have had wonderful luck with the teachers here in Miles City. I have found them very progressive and willing to work with us in every way. I think that parent/teacher collaboration is the answer. That would be teachers at both Sacred Heart School and Public School.
Top
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
angel2, you are right Romney and Ryan are far superior candidates, I believe history will show Obama as the worst president in this nations history and the majority of Americans realize it. Obama has no leadership skills and an ideology that would govern us in a manner that our ancestors migrated to this country to escape.
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
I think that one thing you omitted in conjunction with President Obama's years in office so far is that he has had the misfortune of having the poorest, the worst, the most inept example of a House of Representatives that ever purported to govern. Apparently, they have achieved their goal which is to make the President look bad. They certainly were not concerned about the people of the United States of America. Their hatred has been infantile.

And, of course, it is definitely your business as to how you will vote. I respect that. But beating down a person who has accomplished all that he has in spite of the blatant effort to destroy him, is a bit unfair. That's all:-)
Top
Posted by Jan Cornutt (+275) 9 years ago
And an even worse Senate, of course it is left wing liberal controlled so what do you all expect ? The problem is we have to get ourselves out of debt...as the saying goes when you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop digging.....I agree with angel 2........korkyII...
Top
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
You can blame the republicans all you want, whether you agree with it or not they have passed a budget proposal in the house for the last two years. The democratic controlled senate hasn't even brought a proposal to be voted on in the last four years, at the end of the day Obama is the president, thats where the buck stops and he lacks the ability to even lead his own party.
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Well...as we speak, our Farmers are waiting for Mr. Boehner to bring the Ag bill to the floor and he has refused to because he is afraid that the food stamps will probably save the lives of the 6 million people in poverty who rely on them as their only source of income. According to the paper today...the farmers in Montana need some action in the next 8 days. It only needs the vote of the house...but, alas...we must make the President look bad.
Top
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
Perhaps if Obama hadn't revamped the work for welfare requirement signed by Pres. Clinton that provided for accountability and increased the percentage of welfare in the USDA budget yearly the Farm bill would be better recieved.
Top
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
angel2,
Wow...where to start. Obviously you have a grudge against school because you failed to learn to read or spell or construct a grammatically correct sentence.

If you would take even five minutes and read a post on here you could see that President Obama is NOT to blame. He had many things he wanted to do but the Republicans have stood in the way. They did not care who they hurt as long as they made President Obama look bad.

I have met President Obama and had a very interesting conversation with him. He is a caring man. He cares for average people. I am going to make an assumption as a working person you aren't in the top 1% who are being promised the big tax cuts by Romney and Ryan. President Obama would do the most for you taxwise. You may not earn a lot of money in which case you may get earned income credit back. You would lose that under Romney.

Where are these private schools in Miles City that you would take your children to if you received vouchers? Do you have a group of VERY wealthy friends who will get together and build a private school? Will they find the absolute "best" teachers?

I personally take GREAT offense at your remarks about teachers. I have two daughters who teach. They work their butts off for their students. My one daughter teaches first grade. She spends her time trying to mold little minds into believing that they can do what they try to do..but sometimes it take time to make that happen. That's called learning. She has to counter habits that students have learned at home such as incorrect grammar. She has to teach tolerance of differences in classmates. She has to teach compassion for all as special needs students are NOT just out in the hall. They are part of the classroom activities.

Who are you going to get to provide all the needed care for students if you switch to vouchers? You know that the Republican Party is all about those who have having more. Do you truly believe they would be concerned about children needing extra reading tutors? After all, they don't expect your children to ever amount to anything if you aren't rich. So why waste their money? School systems work so hard trying to provide all the extras that kids need so they can learn and keep up with the class.

As long as I'm on my soapbox about schools, let me tell you that my daughter spent weeks and weeks this summer getting things ready for her new class. She's worked at school and at home preparing everything she needs to be the BEST TEACHER SHE CAN BE!! And she is an amazing teacher.

How about you go and volunteer as a teacher's aid for a week? Even a day? Find out what is really going on. Then thank the teachers for everything they do. For the moral support they give children who feel lost at home. For the tears they dry. For the box of crayons that they buy and keep in the classroom so your child doesn't feel bad when you forgot to buy them. For holding their heads while they throw up because Mom sent them to school sick. The list is endless.

Or you can support Romney. He will laugh all the way to the ballot box knowing he's conned people. People who REFUSE to actually read the facts instead of following along blindly like sheep.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
GCC wrote:
Perhaps if Obama hadn't revamped the work for welfare requirement signed by Pres. Clinton


Seriously? You have GOT to stop watching Faux News. This has been proved to be an outright lie so any times it is not funny. What Obama did is exactly what Romney asked for back when the Romster was governor, give the states more flexibility in how they deal with workfare requirements.

It's as if all Republicans get a lie stuck in their heads and can't let anything disturb that lie.

Vouchers do not improve education. Every state that has tried them has found that. Obama did not change the workfare requirements. Obama did not bail out the banks or allow them to fail in the first place.

Facts, people, make your decisions based on facts, not your fear of whatever 'other' it is you fear.
Top
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
Spin it how you want Amorette, a fact is a fact, maybe flexability explains the senates inability to pass a budget proposal also.

[This message has been edited by GCC (9/3/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
I am getting sick of Faux Facts!! the Republican convention was full of them particularly Ryans speech...For Gods sake people if you wish to get your team elected at least be honest...it has been the "party of NO" that has blocked all things Obama wanted in congress...If you have to lie to get your folks elected, you need to check your hold card....
Top
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Talking about honesty, I caught OBAMA lied on his speeches too many times as well as other Democrats .

All his promises alone before he got elected he have done lots of unfulfilled promises...... I have read a book few years ago , that book talks about parenting , it states that "parents need to keep their promises to their children, because if you don't keep your promise to your kids , you are teaching your kids to lie".... Obama didn't keep his promises . So therefore he lied to us!! He promised that we will be energy independent and that he will cut the national deficit. And he also said if he could not do it, his term will be one term proposition!! But where is that promise. Instead he added 5 Trillion in debt making our national debt to almost 16 trillion. he was the one who said it is unpatriotic. well,he is talking to himself !! about being unpatriotic. So much about this but ... as I said in my first post. You don't know how it is like if a country gets bankrupt until you live in it . You don't realize this sometimes because the impact is not immediate. It is slow and our great grandchildren will suffer the most. And they are the ones who will really suffer. What is happening here is really similar to what is happening in my country before I came here. People have a hard time letting a Bad President go even if it is very obvious that he is a Bad President. Because people are blind to see because of his cunning words and beautiful speeches and promises. We have seen Obama's work. For me I look at their works not their speeches and pronises. We have seen Romney's work, a success story why not give him the chance.
One thing I can tell Obama is not a right leader for this Great Country is because he doesn't have the qualification of some of the requirements to be a good leader. He is just a very good politician!!

1. A good leader is responsible, if you are responsible ,you don't blame others , and he keep on blaming Bush administration even towards the end of his 4 year leadership... my kids get a consequence if they blame other kids for their bad actions.

2. ... a good leader live's within your means . Obama borrowed Trillions of dollars to run his presidency ... when I was growing up my parents keep on teaching me to live within my means...that is rally important.Oftentimes is the cause of many trouble if you keep on spending something you don't have.

Here is Obama's Record:

Before he went to office: Obama's Record
Unemployment 7.8 % 8.3 %
Gasoline/gallon 1.85 $ 3.78
National debt $ 10.6 Ytillion $ 15.9 Trillion.

Note that 10 Trillion is a combination of pastt presidents because Bush added only 4 Trillion in 8 years while obama 3 1/2 years added 5 Trillion dollars Imagine that. And wait Obama did try to keep his promise about energy . The algae energy. but too bad it failed. I wish it has succeeded. Also the Solyndra it also failed. I wish it has succeeded too.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/3/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
Please tell us how Obama has lied? Granted, he has not been able to do all the things he hoped to do but that is not lying. That is hoping. His mistake was to believe that he could work with a Congress that won't work with him. Ignorant folks think the President is a god or fascist dictator who can will something into existence. In this country laws are created and approved by the Legislature. If the law doesn't make it to the President's desk there's not much he can do about it. Take a civics class.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 9 years ago
Wendy, Amorette, Kacey...You're attempting a discussion with people THAT BELIEVE IN CHEMTRAILS!
Top
Posted by Joe Whalen (+612) 9 years ago
Apology accepted, Doug. Thank you. No harm done. I do believe that compulsary education is essential to the national interest, that a public school system is the most equitable means to that end and, therefore, that the federal government has an important administrative and financial role to play. However, I'm not especially familiar with how U.S. Dept. of Education programs are impacting public school budgets, either in terms of revenues or expenditures. I'll try to find time to get better informed and share what I've learned.

Maybe you can help me and others out, in the meantime. What undue financial burdens does the federal government load upon local public school districts?

[This message has been edited by Joe Whalen (9/4/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Top
Posted by mckee (+389) 9 years ago
I plan to vote for Mitt Romney and Ryan. I am a registrated Denocrat but no longer vote as one.
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
angel2: Its become pretty obvious that you don't give a meadow muffin about truth and believe everything you are hearing on fox snooze and the Rush Limblab show. Anyway here is the truth about the Presidents record.



Top
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 9 years ago
Once again, Richard, you confuse us with facts. For angel2 who believes Romney is a good man, she should ask his dog. I saw a bumper sticker saying "Dogs oppose Romney". That doesn't sound so good to me.
Top
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+711) 9 years ago
Very true, Betty, whereas Obama flies his dog on his own flight to Camp David at taxpayers' expense. I don't know, but I would suppose Mitt's dog was in a carrier on top of the car, probably sheltered somewhat from the wind. Safer then all the dogs riding in the back of pickups or with their heads stuck out the window... In any case, what has that to do with the ability to govern? So Obama could be characterized as a profligate spender, and Mitt as guilty of cruelty to animals. I think both sides need to deal with the issues, not negative rabbit trails.
Smiley, I only wish I was as able to communicate in other than my native language as fluently as angel2.
You all have a great day! It's starting out cool and nice.
Top
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
Uh, tying your dog onto the top of your car shows a marked lack of good judgment. I think good judgment is an important quality for our President to have.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
It really is quite amazing to read the comments of Republicans here, who refuse to listen to the truth and believe right wingnut lies and conspiracies.
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Mrs. M wrote:
So Obama could be characterized as a profligate spender, and Mitt as guilty of cruelty to animals. I think both sides need to deal with the issues, not negative rabbit trails.


You mean like talking about how each one cares for their dog as you just did?

Characterizing Obama as profligate spender would be an inaccurate characterization. I thought I made that clear.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
angel2 isn't a native english speaker? But she speaks teabonics with such conviction...

Anyways, for all those who feel that Romney is some sort of financial genius:

By making debt the centerpiece of his campaign, Romney was making a calculated bluff of historic dimensions - placing a massive all-in bet on the rank incompetence of the American press corps. The result has been a brilliant comedy: A man makes a $250 million fortune loading up companies with debt and then extracting million-dollar fees from those same companies, in exchange for the generous service of telling them who needs to be fired in order to finance the debt payments he saddled them with in the first place. That same man then runs for president riding an image of children roasting on flames of debt, choosing as his running mate perhaps the only politician in America more pompous and self-righteous on the subject of the evils of borrowed money than the candidate himself. If Romney pulls off this whopper, you'll have to tip your hat to him: No one in history has ever successfully run for president riding this big of a lie. It's almost enough to make you think he really is qualified for the White House.

http://www.rollingstone.c...z25K0P2WO3
Top
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hannah Nash (+2495) 9 years ago
I think applying logic in this argument is futile.

From a campaign that states "We will not be dictated by fact checkers", and whose Presidential and Vice Presidential hopeful blatantly LIE during the Republican National Convention; we cannot expect to ever convince or enlighten followers with petty things like Truth or Facts.

For those in the above conversation blindly following without researching, I would recommend the two articles below. They are full of FACTS regarding my paragraph above, and may enlighten you in regards to the Tea Party and Republican attitude as of late.

(Sources: http://www.huffingtonpost...36139.html, http://www.foxnews.com/op...ree-words/)
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
I know, I know - in fact, I mentioned far far above that arguing with true believers like angel2 and Mrs M. was futile.

At this point, I'm almost hoping that Mittens wins, so that, when the burning and the pillaging begin, when retiree's who voted for austerity crack open their nightly fancy feast, when vouchercare becomes the law of the land, I can say "I TOLD YOU SO".
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
I suspect fear of 'the other' and obsession with other people's sex lives also plays into Republican choices but they don't care to admit that. Rather accept bald-faced lives than admit to bigotry and fear.
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Please, take the time to view "The Resurrection of Ralph Reed",
http://billmoyers.com/
Sorry, I am inept at giving you a "live" link. It could be a thread by itself.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
http://billmoyers.com/

ETA: Also from the Moyer site http://billmoyers.com/201...-it-works/ discussing the bald-faced lies about Obama and welfare/workfare.

[This message has been edited by Amorette Allison (9/4/2012)]
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
The box of hamburgers at Walmart which is used to be $ 19.98, today the Walmart Associate told me they are going to raise it to $ 25.00/box. So Good luck on your Pres. Obama!! Everything keeps on getting expensive because Pres. Obama keeps on accumulating debt!!! He is the President , he should lead our country , but he is not doing it!! How could Pres. Clinton and other Great Leaders do it? We need great leaders for a great country and Obama is not that person. If a country have so much debt, everything becomes so expensive and the value of the dollar will diminish.!!!

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/4/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
So Good luck on your Pres. Obama!! Everything keeps on getting expensive because Pres. Obama keeps on accumulating debt!!!


If you don't understand how economics works, why should we pretend that you understand how politics works?

And I'm getting sucked into this by someone whom I'm starting to believe is a troll. Well played "angel2".
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
I noticed that too:-) Darn...I hate it when I am a sucker. But...it must be Obama's fault...sure can't be mine:-)
Top
supporter
sponsor
Posted by souix (+301) 9 years ago
Mrs. M wrote:
...whereas Obama flies his dog on his own flight to Camp David at taxpayers' expense.


Do you think that it costs any more for BO to fly with the family?
Top
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17053) 9 years ago
Gasp...

Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)-In a dramatic narrative that could upstage this week's Democratic National Convention, Rep. Paul Ryan (R., Wisc.) gave reporters today a detailed account of the fateful day he killed Osama bin Laden.

Mr. Ryan said that he was revealing his role as the triggerman who felled the Al Qaeda leader to "set the record straight," explaining that he had remained silent about his mission until now, because "I don't like to brag."

The Republican Vice-Presidential nominee painted a portrait of a Paul Ryan few know, a man who trained for missions with SEAL Team Six while somehow finding time to cut key provisions of Medicare.

The Wisconsin Congressman said he was doing sit-ups in the House of Representatives cloakroom when he got the call to deploy for his mission to Abbottabad, and hours later found himself face to face with the world's most wanted man.

"Osama got one look at me and he ran like a bat out of hell," he said. "It's times like that that I'm glad I can run a hundred meters in 9.58 seconds."

As for the perfect shot between the eyes that nailed bin Laden, Mr. Ryan called it "just another day at the office."

"You don't want to get too full of yourself because of a thing like this," he said. "I had a job to do, and I did it. It was very satisfying to see all my SEAL training come together. And it was great practice for the day I got Qaddafi."


Read more http://www.newyorker.com/...z25WbiBdMP
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Bridgier
If you don't understand how economics works, why should we pretend that you understand how politics works?
And I'm getting sucked into this by someone whom I'm starting to believe is a troll. Well played "angel2".
******************************************************************

You are right , I am not an economist , but an economist explained that if we have a bad economy , the value of the dollar will diminish because the government will keep on printing money. I have a business .... What will a businessman do if the value of the dollar diminish ? Of course , I will increase the prices so i could afford the cost of living.

To Everyone !!

You know , I saw a post about Re-elect Obama, I decided not to post there because I thought it is rude to make statements that might insult Obama fans. I don't want to insult anybody. So I decided to create my own post , so I could freely express what I want to say about Romney and my views about Obama without stepping somebody's toes . I think it is healthy to express our views about these two candidates but it is really not healthy to make this personal. And start insulting a person. This post is about Romney , Obama and this great Country that needs Great leader! It is not about insulting a person. If you want that conversation , you are free to create your own post. If I made a statement that insults a person, my apology. My point is to have a healthy debate since it is starting to become a debate about Obama not doing a good job for our country and how I hope that we will give a chance to Romney. I am referring this post to everybody and not to Bridgier. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/4/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
You are right , I am not an economist , but an economist explained that if we have a bad economy , the value of the dollar will diminish because the government will keep on printing money.


Economists say all sorts of things, like, "in the long run, we're all dead".

But this is a stupid paste eating conversation, and I will not be sucked into a debate with a troll and/or a fanatic.
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
The box of hamburgers at Walmart which is used to be $ 19.98, today the Walmart Associate told me they are going to raise it to $ 25.00/box. So Good luck on your Pres. Obama!! Everything keeps on getting expensive because Pres. Obama keeps on accumulating debt!!!


Sorry dear. The mostly like reason burgers at Wallyworld ( ) are going up in price has to do with the price and supply of corn. The previous administration thought it was a good idea to drain the Oglala Aquifer growing corn that we can burn as gasoline. There is a short supply of corn for feeding livestock which is where burgers come from. President Obama had nothing to do with the issue. And much of the debt is because his predecessor 1) got us in to a protracted unfunded war, 2) he cut taxes to stimulate the economy, which didn't work.

We are spending 54% of our federal budget on military spending, a category Romney wants to INCREASE. We have tried the economic plan Romeny wants to employ before. It didn't work then and it won't work now.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
The drought also has an influence on food prices. And I am pretty sure that neither political party controls the weather.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
That's not what I read on infowars....
Top
Posted by tax payer (+344) 9 years ago
Quote:
The Treasury Department said Tuesday that the federal government has now officially topped $16 trillion in debt.

The announcement, which came just an hour before Democrats gaveled in their convention in Charlotte, N.C., to renominate President Obama for another four-year term, immediately boosted the government's grim fiscal picture back to the fore of the national debate.

Debt has risen at a meteoric pace under Mr. Obama - in less than four years in office he has already eclipsed President George W. Bush's eight years. His advisors say he has a "plausible" plan to stabilize the debt, but defend his spending plans, saying to withdraw government stimulus now would hurt the economic recovery.


Read more: Federal debt tops $16 trillion, Treasury Dept. says - Washington Times http://www.washingtontime...-trillion/
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
and now comes another paste-eater to parade forth in a prideful mendacity...
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
Scroll up to the graphs, taxpayer. Scroll up and READ.
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
I think you already hit the nail on the head, Amorette. Its easier to live with bald-faced lies than it is to deal with bigotry and fear.
Top
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+284) 9 years ago
In my opinion, we can learn nearly everything we need to know about the character of a man by watching how he treats his pets. romney put his dog in a pet carrier, then tied that carrier to the top of his SUV. His luggage was in the vehicle, while his dog was tied to the top of the vehicle. Read that sentence again. HIS LUGGAGE WAS IN THE VEHICLE WHILE HIS DOG WAS TIED TO THE TOP OF THE VEHICLE! They headed down the freeway for a spell, and stopped to gas the vehicle. They found that their pet had crapped, pee'd, and puked all over himself. So, in a moment of kindness?, they stopped at a carwash to hose off the dog, and then proceeded down the road, with the dog still tied to the top of the vehicle. His luggage was more important than his dog! How anybody could vote for that sub-human is beyond me. And to this day, when asked about the "incident" he laughs that smarmy laugh of his, and says that after the uproar it caused, he wouldn't do it again. So he's telling us that he would do it again if it hadn't come to the publics attention. He isn't sorry he did it, he's sorry he got caught. I could use every swear word ever used by man, invent several more myself, and it still wouldn't scratch the surface of the contempt I have for the scumbag. With all due respect to any actual scumbags that may read this, of course.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
I am not sure about the comment above. But I want to know which is worse, the one who ate Dog like Obama admitted in his own book and used drugs? Really drug user for a President? The government spend lots of money in school to educate kids to stay away from drugs and we teach kids at home too .... I think it is one thing to make mistakes but I saw the interview of Obama when he was asked about his drug use but he just smiled and admitted that he used drugs. He did not even say anything that he learned from his mistakes etc.... So there is a contrast of what the Government is teaching to our kids and the example of the Leader of the country.
I think it still more reasonable to put the dog on top of the vehicle so his family would all fit in the vehicle.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/4/2012)]

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/4/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
I salute your troll-fu.
Top
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+711) 9 years ago
Richard, I was responding to Betty's mention of the dog, I didn't introduce the topic.

Yes, to whomever asked, flying a dog up in the chopper to Camp David with no other family members is more expensive than flying him with the family. I believe Michelle and the girls followed on their own flight.

I rather doubt that the dog was spread eagled on top of the roof of the Romney's car...come on people.
Top
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+475) 9 years ago
Mathew Schmitz wrote:
In my opinion, we can learn nearly everything we need to know about the character of a man by watching how he treats his pets. romney put his dog in a pet carrier, then tied that carrier to the top of his SUV.

This is the one anti-Romney argument which should go away. For Pete's sake, people...think about dogs for a second. Put a dog into a vehicle, what's the first thing he wants to do? That's right, STICK HIS HEAD OUT THE WINDOW. If he's riding in a pickup, is he hunkered down keeping out of the wind? NO, he's leaning out one side or the other letting the wind blow in his face.

Romney was probably doing the dog a FAVOR by letting it ride on the freaking roof. If the dog had a voice, he probably would have said "Hell YES I'll ride on the roof. In fact, forget the carrier!"

If the dog got sick, as reported in the post above, he probably got hold of some bad dog food or something. He'd have probably gotten sick no matter where he was. (That is, IF the dog actually got that sick. It's probably a huge exaggeration just like all the other anti-anybody claims are.)

Seriously, the lengths people will go do discredit a person are just amazing. There are plenty of "REAL" issues to argue about.

[This message has been edited by Forsyth Mike (9/4/2012)]
Top
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+284) 9 years ago
Obama ate dog while in a 3rd world country. A country where eating dog is perfectly acceptable to the citizens of that country. Big difference. And romney put his dog on the roof, and his luggage in the vehicle. It's called a "luggage rack" for a very good reason. It's where one puts their luggage. Not their pet. ann romney told us today that the dog "loved it". Dogs that love an "activity" do not crap, pee, and puke on themselves while engaged in that "activity". She's dumber than her husband if she thinks any clear thinking voter is gonna buy that load of crap. Hey ann! Some us have owned pets. It's obvious to most of us that a dog covered with crap, pee and puke probably isn't having a grand old time. If the dog was having that much fun, why did you deprive him of his enjoyment by washing him off at the carwash?
Regarding Obama's admitted drug use as a young man. Who cares? He admitted it. ryan would have lied thru his teeth, and romney would have a hard time remembering if they had been asked the same question. It's what they do best. Very few of us didn't make mistakes in our youth. A man owns up to his mistakes and moves on, trying to do better as an adult. Obama did just that. Your man? romney also took a high school classmate to the ground and forcibly cut his hair, because they thought he was gay. And claims he doesn't remember doing it. Really? Lots of memory lapses by your guy. I'd be worried about that if I was you. Every clear thinking voter should be very worried about your guy.

[This message has been edited by Mathew Schmitz (9/4/2012)]
Top
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+284) 9 years ago
Now which one of you is gonna tell me that the kid needed a haircut, and they were just saving him money? I'm waiting......
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
The family of that gay guy your talking about stated that it is not true so who are you to accuse him of doing so ? Still he ate a dog!!

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/4/2012)]
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
Cripes, this is right up there with Paul Ryan lying about his marathon time. It gets a lot of press and is THE LEAST IMPORTANT THING IN THE CAMPAIGN.

Romney wants to try trickle down again, even though it has never worked. He wants even more tax breaks for the ultra wealthy while screwing over anyone who wasn't born rich. He is afraid of homosexuals, women and the poor, especially if any of those people are also non-white.

If that's what you want, fine. Just don't complain when the world goes to h*ll in a handbasket under his rule, just the way it did when Bush II was in the White House.
Top
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
I think Angel2 an Forsyth Mike must be married.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
All your statement Amorette about Romney is actually false. That is what Obama wants you to believe so he will get re-elected and make him look good. Actually Romney wants to cut taxes for EVERYBODY!!! And Obama said half truth about Romney's plan to make his plan look bad and him look good to the people. But actually many people in this country won't be deceive by his lies.

I actually like the plan of Romney for the middle class , because those people who have $ 200,000.00 and less investments won't be taxed while the rich will continue pay taxes. This would help the middle class a lot.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/4/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
Actually Romney wants to cut taxes for EVERYBODY!!!


MEADOW MUFFINS!!!!

Romney's plan cuts taxes for the wealthy and raises taxes on Y-O-U.

Study: Romney tax plan would result in cuts for rich, higher burden for others

Mitt Romney's plan to overhaul the tax code would produce cuts for the richest 5 percent of Americans - and bigger bills for everybody else, according to an independent analysis set for release Wednesday.

The study was conducted by researchers at the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, a joint project of the Brookings Institution and the Urban Institute, who seem to bend over backward to be fair to the Republican presidential candidate. To cover the cost of his plan - which would reduce tax rates by 20 percent, repeal the estate tax and eliminate taxes on investment income for middle-class taxpayers - the researchers assume that Romney would go after breaks for the richest taxpayers first.


http://www.washingtonpost...story.html

And here is the study the article references. Please read it so you can be more informed. On the internet you can be anything you want; why would you choose to be ignorant?

http://www.taxpolicycente...Reform.pdf
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
Richard Bonine, Jr. wrote:
On the internet you can be anything you want; why would you choose to be ignorant?


Richard +1
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Here is the abstract of the paper I referenced above, 'cause I doubt you'll bother to click the link:
This paper examines the tradeoffs among three competing goals that are inherent in a revenueneutral income tax reform-maintaining tax revenues, ensuring progressive tax system, and lowering marginal tax rates-drawing on the example of the tax policies advanced in presidential candidate Mitt Romney's tax plan. Our major conclusion is that any revenue-neutral individual income tax change that incorporates the features Governor Romney has proposed would provide large tax cuts to high-income households, and increase the tax burdens on middle- and/or lower income taxpayers.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 9 years ago
Chuck Norris is promising 1000 years of darkness if Obama is elected. What a douche.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
You know , I don't really care at what you claim are facts about Obama or Romney because ..... I LOOK AT WHAT THE PRESIDENT HAVE DONE!!! THE FACT THAT IS IN FRONT MY EYES!!! And that fact is HE ACCUMULATED DEBT OF FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS !!! AND CONTINUE TO ACCUMULATE DEBT UNTIL NOW, AND HAVE DONE NOTHING TO STOP IT!!!! Until now he still keep on spending. Even in our household it is not healthy to keep on using our credit card that is just how simple it is. Imagine if you have so much debt . All you do with your paycheck is it will go to the interest of your debts and nothing is left for you to spend!!! Simple. Same thing with our country nothing is left to fund the schools, poor, people with disabilities, medicare etc..... He promised he will cut the National debt in his first term in half . He failed . How could President Clinton balance his budget and cut national debts and he couldn't!! Because he is just very good in blaming and talk what you guys want to hear but not in works!! Wait he did have done something , the SOLYNDRA but it also failed!!!! He is not the right President for our country . OMG... OBAMA MUST GO!!! Maybe if you will put another Democrat Candidate people might consider voting for him!! But Obama !! NO WAY!!!

I know you will come up with all kinds of blaming on Republicans and explaining but again who cares !! Because we look at his works! Now we have 16 trillion dollars in debt!! Debt is the number one that destroys the economy of any country !!! Same thing in our household!!! And you guys will probably not notice the impact , but if we will not change the President you will soon!! In fact I am beginning to feel it. Just like what I have experienced in my childhood. It happened because people keep on voting for that President even if they have seen right before their eyes that we have so much debt. Why? Because he is a very good politician just like Obama!!!

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/5/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
Debt is the number one that destroys the economy of any country !!


Wrong again.
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Does the Trade Deficit that has been accumulating for thirty years count?
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
Government budget != household budget.
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Top
supporter
sponsor
Posted by souix (+301) 9 years ago
Great Richard, just great!
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Top
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17053) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
"You know , I don't really care at what you claim are facts about Obama or Romney because ....."

In other words, there is absolutely no point in discussing presidential politics with "angel2".
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
A closed mind is like a block of wood...If only closed minds came with closed mouths....
Top
Posted by Smiley (+847) 9 years ago
Do we even try to explain the Federal Reserve, The War on Iraq/Afghanistan, or other ways our country has fallen into debt? Angel2, it's not like Obama is sitting there everyday in his oval office signing blank checks to the wind. Our country has bills to pay, wars that we are fighting, and people to take care of.


Simplified Version: If you are making 100 dollars a month, but your bills are 500 dollars a month, you are going to be in debt 400 dollars each month. Then Mr. Bush (Your Boss) comes along and says "To pay the workers who make the most more, we are going to cut your paycheck in half over the next two years." Now you are making 50 dollars a month, but you have to take it and can't make more. You still have 500 dollars in bills a month. Do you expect to climb out of your debt? So, Mr. Bush gets fired (haha) and Mr. Obama becomes your new boss. The wealthier workers have voted in 10/12 committee members who have to approve pay changes. Mr. Obama says "We need more equal pay. Everyone will make 250 dollars a month." The committee denies his request OVER and OVER and OVER! I mean, they are representing the people who are making more than that. You are going to be stuck in debt.

As a lower rate employee (50 dollars a month) are you going to support the wealthier workers so they keep making 10 times more than you? NO! So why in the procreate would you vote Republican or Romney? He will do the same thing Mr. Bush did.

I know that is a really janky analogy for American economics, but give me a break I had two hours of sleep.

I agree with Amorette, this county isn't a business.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
angel2 is why I despair for this country. Ignore the facts and vote our fears.

Sigh.

Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
This whole thread is worth Richard's little active guy. Howdy's video is great and also, the graphs and other valid, interesting information that has been espoused:-) You have to be thankful that we have as many people as we do who stay on top of things and share them. I, for one, always learn something and appreciate it.
Top
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 9 years ago
Not that angel2 is going to bother, but this is an interesting read:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/0...index.html

The highlight:

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."

-Daniel Patrick Moynihan


[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (9/5/2012)]
Top
Posted by Wendy Branum (+57) 9 years ago
OMG, everybody! Yes, I hate the fact that I have to vote for the person that I hate the least to get the person I hate the most out of office. Until the Dems AND Repubs pull their heads out of their backsides, learn to compromise and start doing what is good for the country, not their own pockets, quit fighting just for the sake of fighting and acting like a bunch of spoiled kids, the rest of us are screwed.

There are many of us that don't agree with Amorette, Gunnar or Richard (Bonine), they just seem to be the most outspoken. We just read the posts and shake our heads.

My first suggestion would be for everybody to quit watching Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, etc. They ARE NOT news broadcasters, they have an OPINION show. They get ratings by stirring the pot. Which in turn, gets them a bigger paycheck. They are all so far to the left or the right. I don't ever recall Walter Cronkite feeling the need to throw out as many insults in a broadcast as they do. WHERE IS WALTER WHEN WE NEED HIM?!?!
Top
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 9 years ago
Walter's dead.

Opinions are one thing. You fools are ignoring the facts.

angel2 should watch this:

http://videosift.com/vide...Built-That
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
Wendy Branum wrote:
learn to compromise and start doing what is good for the country


I hear this all the time, and as soon as I see it, I have to ask, exactly WHAT is it that you think the Democrats should compromise on? Because they've been in a compromising mood for the last two years, and it hasn't done them any good.

People who don't really understand the political process should probably stick to watching espn or soaps or something.
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
+2000 Bridgier

I, for one, am sick of this trying to compromise stuff as we only end up giving into the conservatives every dang time...

[This message has been edited by howdy (9/5/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 9 years ago
I'm not sure what Angel2's refence to Clinton has to do with anything. Taxes were much higher then than they are now so he had more money to work with. He also wasn't fighting two wars. Bush II's reign cuts taxes while spending massive amounts on the military. Obama inherited that. I don't think that anyone could fix that in four years.
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
GODDAMIT WENDY [email protected]"S NOT INTERESTED IN THESE STUPID THINGS YOU CALL FACTS SHE HAS HER BELIEFS AND HER FEELINGS AND A GRASP OF ECONOMICS ROUGHLY EQUIVALENT TO THAT OF A SOMEWHAT PRECOCIOUS SECOND GRADER AND THAT NI-CLANG MUST GO BECAUSE HE"S A STUPID POOPYHEAD WHO DOESN"T WEAR MAGICAL UNDERWEAR THAT WILL TOTALLY BALANCE THE BUDGET AND SAVE US FROM THE SALAMANDER INVASION
Top
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
Debt is not what is destroying out nation. It is stupidity. People who refuse to READ the truth but can read enough to vote.
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
Maybe all that is needed is a "Yellow Tag Flash Pass"? Loved that story Bridgier.
Top
Posted by Merry DeAnda (+1849) 9 years ago
Kacey you are absolutely correct.
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Wendy Branum Posted: 9/5/2012 1:54:20 PM From: - MT
OMG, everybody! learn to compromise and start doing what is good for the country!!!!
********************************************************************

Way to go Wendy!! I agree with your statement above!!

Obama Must go!!!! We need a President that will lead our country and not bring us down . Obama's Presidency is a disaster!!! Most of the post here are just destruction of the real issue!!!!

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/5/2012)]
Top
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
angel2...perhaps if you LISTEN to the Democratic convention tonight and tomorrow night...something will soak in. You obviously don't understand the written word..so I'm hoping you get this post.
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
angel2: Since you are all worried about "out of control spending" and "lack of fiscal responsibility", I'd like encourage you to consider voting for Gary Johnson. He has promised to submit a balanced budget beginning in 2013, which is much quicker than Romney has proposed doing. Gov. Johnson has proposed elimination of the IRS and moving to the fair tax. He is an honorable guy who started a 1 person repair business and turned it into a 1000 person construction enterprise. As governor of NM, he left the state with a million dollar surplus. I think you should check him out.
Top
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
Instead of saying that President Obama didn't keep all his promises, perhaps people should be saying HOW did he get passed the things he did, with the Republican party blocking everything they could?

Just listened to how Ryan was at the meeting BEFORE Obama was even inaugurated. THE meeting where they decided that their goal for the next four years was to stop Obama, NOT to help our country get out of all the problems GW left behind.

They went on to prove that was their goal. There was NO bipartisan work to help our country. The Republicans stood staunch with their only goal to hurt Obama.

Think of it this way...they all have enough money that they can afford to stall our economy. People have had to cut back and not buy things, not travel, etc. The Republicans didn't care if their businesses were impacted as they simply used the loss of revenue as additional tax loss!

Could YOU live for four years without steady income? Have you lived well the last four years? Have you enjoyed the rise in prices from groceries to gasoline? Or have you had to cut back on things? Have you wondered when this was going to end and our economy was going to start getting stronger?

Elect Romney and Ryan and you can kiss everything goodbye unless you're in the top 1%.

[This message has been edited by Kacey (9/5/2012)]
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
***********************************************************************
GCC
angel2, you are right Romney and Ryan are far superior candidates, I believe history will show Obama as the worst president in this nations history and the majority of Americans realize it. Obama has no leadership skills .......

****************************************************************

GCC, I appreciate your comment! Thanks a lot!!!! Finally found somebody who is so smart to distinguish who should be the right President of this Great Country!!!

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/5/2012)]
Top
Posted by hat_3275 (+77) 9 years ago
I don't know that Romney would be the best choice for president but I sure as he** don't want Obama!!!
Top
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
Mitt Romney is an honorable and wonderful man, a leader we so desperately need!!!


GCC wrote:
angel2, you are right Romney and Ryan are far superior candidates, I believe history will show Obama as the worst president in this nations history and the majority of Americans realize it. Obama has no leadership skills and an ideology that would govern us in a manner that our ancestors migrated to this country to escape.


GCC...you write very much like angel2....hmmmm.....

Anyway, this honorable and wonderful man went in with Bain Capital and fired over 1000 people!! NO WARNING. Just walked in and made them leave, refusing to even let them take their PERSONAL belongings. Yep..a really upright and honorable man.

History has already shown G W Bush was the president who raised the national debt the most. Because of his economic policies, six weeks before Obama was inaugurated our country went as close to a depression as we have been since the crash of the 30's.

WHO do you think you are to speak for the majority of Americans??????? Seriously. Someone thinks highly of their own little mind.

So you think you are so brilliant..please explain the ideology that you migrated to excape.
Top
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
Kacey, let me assure you that I'm not angel2, let me suggest that you reread your history because Obama has added the most to our national debt and while you are reading you might study up on the auto bailout because you're wrong there also.
Top
Posted by GCC (-602) 9 years ago
That's escape not excape, after you're through with history you might brush up on your spelling.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Kacey : This sounds like Democrat works!!! Romney was far gone from Bain Capital when these things happened and was running the Olympics!!!! Democrats made all this up!!! If you want to know the truth!!!

And GCC is right we are not the same person. You're wrong again. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/5/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
All I know, is that RMoney and his financial service cronies appreciate the support of idiot procreateing rubes who are confused by words longer than four syllables.

vote accordingly, I guess.
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Thank God Montana isn't a swing state so it really doesn't matter for whom you vote for president ...this is a republican state usually, what the heck ....It is the other offices that are more important...
Top
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Top
supporter
Posted by Ingird Emilsson (+209) 9 years ago
If Romney wasn't at Bain, how come Bain told the SEC that he was still the CEO?

Republicans want to cut taxes on the rich, deregulate Wall Street and increase military spending - which has worked so well in the past.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Trickle down hasn't worked since Reagan and the Bushes did it and it won't work under Romney.
Top
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+797) 9 years ago
Mrs. M doubts the veracity of the "dog on the car". This is a story told by his son,Tag.(where do the Romneys find these names?) It was told to illustrate what a fun -loving guy Mitt is. The story about him bullying a younger student at his prep was passed off as it was just a dumb type of thing young people do for fun in school. The story came from his old school mates who did not think it was so fun. The troubling thing about both these stories reveals a lack of compassion and no sense of remorse. That coupled with the ease of telling lies might raise a red flag to people who view this behavior as somewhat psychopathic. (look it up).
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
Who cares about this issue! Who can tell me you did not do a stupid thing when you are younger . They said you are not normal if you say you are perfect!!!! Everybody do a stupid mistake when they are younger. Not that I am admitting your post is correct . All these things are destruction to the real Issue that Obama is a disaster to this nation. !!! he did not do anything but put us in a Huge debt!!! Huge Debt!! Five Trillion dollars more ? only on his first term? One media reporter asked one time on a tv show : How sure are we, that he did not use some of the money in Drugs since Obama admitted that he was a drug user!!!! It is very easy to be corrupt when you are a Government Official. So we need to choose wisely for our next President .


Five Trillion more in debt??? Obama???!!! I heard some people commit suicide for only a hundred thousand dollars debt!!. Obama needs to go. It is time for a change and elect another President!!!!

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/6/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
Christ you're an idiot.
Top
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
Angel2, it is fairly obvious you don't understand economics so let's leave that aside.

You keep calling Obama a "drug user" as if he were shooting up heroin in the Oval Office. What are you referencing? An occasional toke in college? A couple of aspirin after a basketball game? Nothing I have ever heard makes him out to be some sort of raving drug addict.

Why do you really hate Obama? Is it because he favors equal rights? Women's rights? What are you so deathly afraid of? The color of skin?

You can't argue debt because you don't know what you are talking about and facts have no affect on you so let me ask, why are your emotions so engaged in this issue?
Top
supporter
Posted by Ingird Emilsson (+209) 9 years ago
Also how much of the 5 trillion dollars is due to the fact that Obama put the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in the main budget instead of hiding them off the books (supplemental budgets) like Bush did.

Do you really believe that a Republican president will actually lower the deficit? If so, what rock are you living under? As soon as Republicans are in power "Deficits don't matter" - Dick Cheney
Top
moderator
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17053) 9 years ago
"... why are your emotions so engaged in this issue?"

Because it gives it a thrill to see you and others respond. AKA - "troll".
Top
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+711) 9 years ago
Bridgier, you are working your way into a heart attack or stroke. Your posts vibrate with hostility. Ease off and have a good day. None of this is worth your health.
Top
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+711) 9 years ago
Betty, I do not doubt the veracity of the dog story, not sure where you got that idea. I question the validity of it's importance in the over all scheme of things. Was the dog in an abusive situation? Dogs are regulary put in the cargo area of airplanes etc. How many people leave their dogs out in sub zero weather? If I were the dog, I might prefer to be on the roof in a carrier compared to being inside with five boys. These characterizations remind me of "your mother wears army boots" remarks. Casting aspersions on candidates is off the target.
Obama reportedly recieved federal and local aid as a foreign student....
Romney has money in Switzerland...
Obama associated with radicals...
Romney is unkind to his dog...
Obama is a secret Muslim....
Romney is a Mormon and wears special underwear...
Obama whispered to the Russian about a better deal once he is free to act...
ad nauseum
I agree so totally with Wendy Branum's remarks!
It was good to hear from you, jan

[This message has been edited by Mrs. M (9/6/2012)]
Top
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 9 years ago
angel2..you are just flat stupid. Or did you get brainwashed in that other country you lived in where you worked at the Senate?
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
It is so not like you to "hate", Mrs. M:-) Between this thread and the Griz thread with the Bismarck paper article...I don't know when I have had a better morning. You have to read it...talk about creative.
Top
Posted by angel2 (+31) 9 years ago
I don't usually respond to attacks that are mean and tasteless... I don't mean you... sometimes too the reason I don't respond is because I am very busy and don't have time to read all the post.... And sometimes too I make mistakes and respond to a post that I shouldn't. But I think I will respond to this.


You asked why I have my emotions into this post..... The reason is because I want to take the risk and expand my business and hire people, this would help a few people get jobs and our economy but I feel like I am being punished by the government each time my business grows, the percentage of my taxes becomes higher and higher and it is harder to balance my budget . It is just hard to expand business in Obama's administration period. It is like the Government took most of my hard earned money and give it to people who don't deserve it. To President's friends .....to start their business and make it go bankrupt like Solyndra etc.... I work hard for my business to grow,. I saw Obama, one time on tv interview. It wasn't a formal interview he was on the street, it was an ambush interview. A businessman ask him the same question I have why when he work harder to make his business grow , the percentage of his taxes go higher and higher, he felt like being punished too, his answer was: " business is just bad for this country , we need to pay our fare share" !. I could not believe his answer!!! He does not want us to succeed! He just want big government. I feel like he want to take taxes from me and many businessman who work night and day to make our business grow so he could give it to his cronies and invest our hard earned money and care less if they go bankrupt . A businessman who worked hard to earn money and then re- invest it again to hire more and more people and make their business grow are the right person to re-invest their money not the Government Official's friends. Because if you earn that money due to your hard work and sacrifice , you will do all you can so your business won't go bankrupt. If you received the money freely and did not work hard for it plus it is guaranteed by the government , you don't care if the business will go bankrupt.

On the other hand ,I also know of some people who will not get a job because if she doe's, she will lost her benefits from the government or will not work harder to pay for their bills because if they get more income , they will lose benefits from the government. Although they are able and very capable to work. It is nice to help people who is really in need but sometimes it is not right anymore, it is like helping people to be lazy!

I know you will give me all kinds of response and views and comments... etc... I think I need to stop responding here it takes so much of my time . I have so many things that I want to accomplish. I hope my time spent here is not in vain. I hope I have convinced somebody if not many to elect Romney.I hope people will give Romney a chance to become the next President . You cannot judge a book by its cover! We have seen Obama's term, he did not do a good job. He failed . So it is time to elect a different President who will do the job and help people grow and progress. So vote and give Romney a chance!!!


Maybe once in a while I will respond if I am tempted. But I need to stop responding to this post if I can so I can get something done.

[This message has been edited by angel2 (9/6/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3243) 9 years ago
That is interesting. The folks with small businesses at the convention were commenting that this administration has helped them to stay in business and heavily advocated for re-election of President Obama. I wonder if your problem may be closer to home with taxes, etc.? Sure worth looking into. I know small businesses have been getting breaks in conjunction with hiring people. I also am aware of programs to help people stay in their homes which has been a plus. I think it is really good to research as all information is not always offered.
Top
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1670) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
The reason is because I want to take the risk and expand my business and hire people, this would help a few people get jobs and our economy but I feel like I am being punished by the government if my business grows, the percentage of my taxes becomes higher and higher and it is hard to balance my budget. It is like the Government took most of my hard earned money and give it to people who don't deserve it.


I did not know that this concept was proposed by Obama and unique to his term. I learn something new every day. Love it.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
I'm just impressed that you're willing to wade through that wall of text to find these little gems. I just wonder what business she's in that doesn't require demand as a pre-requisite for growth.
Top
supporter
sponsor
Posted by souix (+301) 9 years ago
angel2 wrote:
Who cares about this issue! Who can tell me you did not do a stupid thing when you are younger.


Mitt was in high school when he torrmented this young man. He called him a "she" when he spoke in class and later had a group of people hold him down while he cut his classmate hair.

And no, Angel I have never assaulted anyone because they were differnt than me.

[This message has been edited by souix (9/6/2012)]
Top
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 9 years ago
Let's treat angel the way a Republica would treat angel.

Hey angel, how about you take your job stealing ass back to your home land?
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Bridgier wrote:
I just wonder what business she's in that doesn't require demand as a pre-requisite for growth.


Amway
Top
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 9 years ago
amber2 = Joe The Plumber?
Top
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 9 years ago
Richard Bonine, Jr. wrote:
Bridgier wrote:
I just wonder what business she's in that doesn't require demand as a pre-requisite for growth


Amway


Wrong. Estonian Kirby salesman.
Top
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 9 years ago
Bob wrote:
amber2 angel2 = Joe The Plumber?



There. Fixed my post.
Top
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 9 years ago
Top