does anyone know how to delete your account?
Posted by cowboy's wife (+215) 9 years ago
Tired of getting "advice" and people's two cents when i post a classifieds ad. It shouldn't be so hard to post an ad in peace but now its out right harassment. I just want to find a place i can post my ads and be left alone.
They really should find a way to keep the comments in the forums and leave the classifieds for just posting ads with out comments. You can email or leave contact information to get responses. Why cant they give just the poster the only power to comment to keep others from poking at people day after day i dont know? It just isnt worth it. The comments i think are hindering the ad from actually making a sale. It becomes more a forum than an ad and buyers dont want to sift though the crap to find out about whatever your selling...

How can i delete my account here? Tired of BS.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10003) 9 years ago
I'll let "them" know.

If you don't want to use your account, then don't use it.

Comments about the classified ad area have been noted.
Posted by mcs (+398) 9 years ago
if you have a facebook account, you can sell and buy on Miles City Exchange, and Miles City Virtual Marketplace.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10003) 9 years ago
Thank you Captain Obvious. I always appreciate it when people take the time to tell others to go use the big giant corporate global data mining machine, instead of the little site designed for their hometown.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17187) 9 years ago
Looking at just one of "cowboy's wife's" classified ads you'll note that she posts a number of entries about a mutt she's trying to sell, no one else makes any posts, and then she posts this little beauty:

cowboy's wife wrote:
"(Rude people)-Offering $400-$500 is an insult not an offer! Don't call me! Not even $500 with another puppy from her or another dog later (which i don't want).

(Everyone else)-I have turned down more than enough offers for $1,500. If that is your offer then please don't bother. Thank you for your offer but no thanks. $1,000 off of what she is worth is more than i am willing to go."

Her tone is so condescending it's no wonder people are posting "rude" comments. Rude begets rude.

http://milescity.com/foru...pid=268755
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 9 years ago
Agreed - and it sets it up that, once again, a few people with questionable behavior ruin it for the rest.
Posted by t.anderson (+103) 9 years ago
Hey I use this site as well as the Facebook pages and this one is FAR MORE popular than those on FB!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 9 years ago
the classified section on this site is very fast and sold almost every thing I listed over the years...no other site ever did this, EVER!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17498) 9 years ago
The critical information to be gleaned from this thread (which you have to read the Classified thread to pick up), is that "Cowboy's wife" is from Glendive.

Glendive.

The source of all things idiotic in Eastern Montana.

Who else would buy a three thousand dollar dog, then decide they want to sell it, but refuse to come down on the price, to the detriment of the poor canine, than some flaming imbecilic moron from Glendive?

I am truly left speechless at how stupid this person is. As an animal lover, it really breaks my heart.
Posted by 14prairie (+87) 9 years ago
fully agree !
now, where's the 'like' button ?
Posted by Tongue River Millworks & Meado (+242) 9 years ago
Back to the original post, which the mayor has the same problem.
Your account needs a email address to start, you can stop using this site and change your address, but it will not change the past(networking).

Things that would help me is a grammar & spell check, just to keep the english majors from hacking a simple post to bits. Rouge or roge, if we catch that monkey, he will be wearing lipstick. I hate that monkey.
supporter
Posted by Chris Gamrath (+387) 9 years ago
Maybe the monkey is busy riding the dog that is some how worth more then $1,500 dollars? Who in their right mind pays that kind of money for a dog? (it's rhetorical so no need to "blast" me)
Posted by Tongue River Millworks & Meado (+242) 9 years ago
Scroll to top of page.
Posted by hat_3275 (+78) 9 years ago
uh.. no... Sorry Gunnar but it is actually Mies City that has those people. Now, do I believe what she wanted for the dog was ridiculous? Absolutely!!!