Stolen Bike
Posted by Heather Gergen (+50) 9 years ago
My son's bike was stolen out of our yard either late last night or this morning. It is an Orange Redline with 20" wheels. We would like it back, no questions asked. He paid for it so it means a lot to him. Please call 406-853-2810. Or return it where you got it from.
bump
One last time, still looking.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1517) 9 years ago
This year has been bad on this kind of thing. My childs bike wasn't stolen, but his tires we cut with a knife! This is really sad, these aren't free or cheep items the kids have. These are things that they really need and work hard for!

Please parents help out, if you see it... Turn it in! You know what your child has and DOESN"T have!

Good look H!
Posted by Meri (+128) 9 years ago
We have had a boys blue toney hawk bike taken and a nice scotter oh and my bike too it was and older bike with two flat tires and granny baskets on badk..must have been pretty desperate to take that!

Good Luck!
Posted by Tim Wagoner (+760) 9 years ago
We need to have a program bait bike and prosecute some of the offenders. Maybe that might slow it down...
Posted by Michele (+194) 9 years ago
My bike was stolen too. It was very personalized. Some kids stole it from my place of work. A week later a group of boys went driving by my house on it. I followed them and took it back, they tried to tell me a story about the bike being a friends grandmas (IT WAS MINE!) I sent them walking. They spray painted it and busted a major part of it. Very sad situation. Lock up your bike! We have to protect our things now, no more small town trust here. Adults ask questions, lets continue to try to instill morals into the kids who are lacking.
Posted by Love2Hate (+52) 9 years ago
Heather Q. has a post about a bike her kid brought home that he got from some other kid you might want to contact her and see if its yours
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17053) 9 years ago
Heather Gergen, meet Heather Q.:

http://milescity.com/foru...ew/270827/
Posted by Heather Q. (+432) 9 years ago
Thank you David for putting me over to this link. We did find the owner of the bike. Like I thought it was stolen. Really bad part it belongs to my sons friend that only lives a couple blocks away. If I see your bike I will let you know right away. Just last September my son had his new Mongoose stolen out of our chained fence. So we know how you feel. So I really hope you find your bike unlike us.
Thank you everyone for keeping an eye out. We still have not found our bike yet.
Our bike was stolen out of our yard, so someone had to come up into my yard and down the side of my house to get it. This was on the second day of school. Kinda scary that someone would come into our yard to get a bike.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1517) 9 years ago
Someone did this at my parents house over 2 years ago. There was a trash can full of empty soda cans. It was full! Large can, old MC trash can they will dump for your trash out side. Taken from in the middle of my parents garage and shed. Hidden in there. Just taken one day. It is scary how thing just come up missing... And what people will do to take something!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
Probably these stolen bikes get a quick paint change and so noone really can find it...perhaps there is a way to "brand" your bike so noone can change it...like the cars with their permanent IDs even on the engine blocks
There is a way for us to tell it is his, there has been stuff engraved/imprinted onto the frame. Even if it was painted those engraved letters and numbers should still be there.
Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 9 years ago
unless they scratch those all off..which is the sad part about kids/people these days they will do any thing to get away with it...
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9194) 9 years ago
kids/people these days

If only we could return the Elysian fields of our youth....
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 9 years ago
Ah, those days when nothing was ever stolen, Mom always wore pearls and had dinner on the table at six, Dad smoked a pipe and wore a tie to work and the world was black and white. Oh, Beaver, where art thou?
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2042) 9 years ago
Years ago when I moved into my house here in Minot in back of the garage was a large wooden barrel. It was an antique, not the kind you buy at walmart for yard decorations. It took 3 of us to move it and lift it onto my deck.I cleaned it up and put a plant on top of it. Looked really nice. About a year later, one morning when I stepped out to get my morning paper it was gone. So whoever stole it had to drive a pickup up my long driveway. There had to be at least 2 of them maybe three to lift it and move it. I am a light sleeper and I did not wake. Some thieves are just gutsy I guess.
supporter
Posted by skoh (+327) 9 years ago
The grandson had a bike stolen out of their yard and then a scooter "exchanged". So I'm imagining it was more than one child who did this. I didn't realize how many others were having this problem. Bike locks and ID on the bikes and scooters are the only way to go. It's too bad that kids (or adults) can't leave other people's items alone.
Posted by Julie H (+199) 9 years ago
Bikes are being stolen left and right. I don't understand how kids come home with a new bike that their parents didn't purchase for them or at least know about and the parents don't say or do anything.

For this reason I have actually insured my sons expensive bike on my homeowner's policy. Literally, it's less than $15/year and it's much cheaper than having to replace a bike. We keep behind closed doors whenever he isn't on it. Because of the excessive bike thefts recently he isn't even allowed to leave it at the front steps even if he is only coming inside for a few minutes.

It's pretty sad when it comes down to this with kids' bikes. Parents need to start paying a little more attention and asking questions. To those parents out there that do realize when things seem a little off and question their kids......thanks.
Posted by neonfreedom (+290) 9 years ago
Its not just kids that steal bikes around here its adults to,and im sure if a kid comes home with a new bike their parents are going to say something about it/or ask questions....
Posted by I RIDE IN THE STREET (+19) 9 years ago
That's why I don't leave my bike outside... I put my my bike in my room every night I know I'm a kid and I have friends but my friends wouldn't do this.. but I have also been looking for this bike there is this little kid that comes over to us everytime he sees us riding and he's on a different bike everytime