Preservation Office gets $10K grant.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 20 years ago
I see in the Miles City Star online that the Miles City Historic Preservation Office received a $10,000 grant from the Montana State Historic Preservation Office. The money is to be used in a re-grant program to restore facades on buildings in Miles City's Commercial Historic District.

Congratulations to the M.C. Historic Preservation Office and Amorette Allison. Nice job!!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 20 years ago
We were a little stunned when it came through. Now, if we could just get someone to apply for it!

Should anyone apply, we are planning on grants ranging from $500 to $3000 to encourage folks to rip off the "modern" junk on the front of some of the buildings and to do some repair and painting, especially on the upper stories.

I have my fingers crossed and I am hoping SOMEONE will take us up on the offer.

--Amorette
founder
supporter
We've given out our first grant, to work on the Professional Building at 519 Main! The work won't start until spring but we hope to start a trend! Yah!

--Amorette
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17052) 20 years ago
That's excellent news! Glad to see the money being put to use. I love the big columns on the Professional Building.

- Dave
founder
supporter
We've approved one to Shores and should have one for the Masonic Temple in the pipeline. I'm hoping to have an expert on cleaning sandstone come through in November to give us estimates on cleaning the Courthouse, the Masonic Temple and the Professional Building. There is ONE guy in Montana who cleans sandstone buildings. ONE. And he works in ND, too, and is busy busy busy. So, if you are looking for a good business, like the outdoors and want to travel around the state, I can tell you what to do.

--Amorette