Cowboys @ Dickinson
Posted by hgang (+21) 9 years ago
Cowboys @ Dickinson comments or predictions anyone?
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 9 years ago
Preview tidbits forthcoming (tomorrow).

I predict the Cowboys will do better than they did last week. I also predict they'll give Dickinson a better game than Glendive did.
Here's the series history between the Custer County Cowboys and the Midgets of Dickinson:

1978 (H) - Dickinson 42, Miles City 14
2007 (H) - Dickinson 42, Miles City 0
2008 (A) - Miles City 21, Dickinson 6
2009 (H) - Miles City 7, Dickinson 0
2010 (A) - Miles City 21, Dickinson 7
2011 (H) - Miles City 34, Dickinson 14

The only common opponent the Cowboys and Midgets share are the Glendive Red Devils, who have opened the season against Dickinson for each of the past four seasons. The Red Devils have never beaten the Midgets, losing 39-0 in 2009, 27-6 in 2010, 39-6 in 2011 and 44-0 last week.

Given that the Cowboys have whipped the Red Devils in similar fashion each season that the Eastern 'A' rivals have both faced Dickinson, it's difficult to put too much stock in the Midgets' whipping of Glendive last week.

I think this game will be a much better one for the Cowboys, but they'll need to improve across the board to have a chance at victory. I think they'll pull by seven points or fewer, let's say 21-17.

Good luck and safe travel tomorrow, Cowboys (and Cowboy fans)!
Posted by Herbie (+110) 9 years ago
Any score?
34-28, Cowboys. 7:32 left in the 4th quarter.
Alec Haughian has four touchdown passes so far. The team record is five, set by Jordan Bryant in 2008 against Frenchtown. Haughian and Adam Sanchez (1999 vs. Billings Central) are the only other Cowboy quarterbacks to pass for four touchdowns in a game.
Now 40-28 with 3:58 remaining. Haughian added a rushing touchdowns, making him the eighth Cowboy quarterback with at least five total TDs in a single game. He's the first sophomore with as many scores in a single game.
42-28, final.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17752) 9 years ago
WAY TO GO COWBOYS!
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1911) 9 years ago
Sweet
Posted by boxdmc (+96) 9 years ago
Great Job Alec and the Cowboys! I knew last week was just first time jitters. There are some good athletes on that team and once they get some experience they will be tough. These kids may not be the biggest but they play with heart.
Posted by Larry Brence (+138) 9 years ago
Great job Cowboys - sounds like a great group of sophomores.

Brian - do you attend all the games, or are you stuck with...ahem...questionable radio play-by-play announcers like the rest of us?
I listen to games on the radio when I can, attend the ones that I can get to and follow the rest on Twitter and/or Facebook.