Big Foot Sighting!
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 10 years ago
Well. Not quite.

http://www.kxlh.com/news/...sighting-/

Big Foot apparently didn't take into account teenage - Somers - drivers on 93.
Posted by neonfreedom (+292) 10 years ago
This story is sad(and not like stupid sad,but its terrible)
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 10 years ago
Odd parts... 15 yo driver. Were they on a learner's permit with adult or is this a "hardship" type license (whatever they're called... allowed to drive to school, work, etc. at young age). I thought 16 was minimum?

Either way, strange that nobody out of all of them didn't report they hit "something" or someone. That guys' prank is only the beginning of what went wrong here.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18206) 10 years ago
Dan, Montana law allows you to get a learner's permit as young as 14.5 years if you have completed a state-approved traffic education course. You may obtain your first driver's license 6 months after getting your learner's permit. So, it's possible to be legally licensed to drive in Montana at age 15.

https://doj.mt.gov/drivin...licensing/
Posted by Mindy B (+71) 10 years ago
Dan, the article doesn't say they didn't report it. If you read the CNN story on this one the first car hit him, and there were two more cars behind her. The second managed to get around him but the third one hit him. We shouldn't assume that no one reported it just because he was hit a second time.
supporter
Other articles report that police say nobody has come forward with a report of having struck anyone or anything.
supporter
By David Pescovitz at 8:03 pm Monday, Aug 27
Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell, Montana was killed yesterday while reportedly attempting to stage a Bigfoot hoax. Tenley was walking on a highway wearing a hunter's ghillie suit, likely similar to the one seen here, when he was struck by two different vehicles driven by teenagers. From KAJ18.com:

Wp-Content Uploads Ghilliebfa Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider says friends of the victim said Tenley was wearing a military-style camouflage ghillie suit in hopes of creating a Bigfoot hoax.

AP SUB-Content liststart "It's still a crash involving vehicles and a pedestrian. So we're still doing the same investigation, but once we started speaking to parties, then someone involved in it, trying to ascertain exactly what brought that gentleman out to Highway 93 . I would not guess that would motivate anybody to be out on Highway 93," Scheider said.

Police currently have no reports of drivers who may have struck a person or animal.

...that's the part that kinda' concerns me (if it turns out that, at the time of that writing they had no reports - but might have come in later). Even if one hits a deer I'd think (hope) they'd get out and check or at least let a DNR/HP person know.
Posted by Mindy B (+71) 10 years ago
Dan, that original story said he was hit by a 15 year old girl and than by a 17 year old girl...how would they know that if no one reported anything. Seems to me they have a lot of information for no reports.
Posted by mckee (+391) 10 years ago
You can get your license at 15 my grand - daughter just got hers.

[This message has been edited by mckee (8/28/2012)]