supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2586) 7 years ago
You inspired a generation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Tec...Do0z6BWrms
Posted by neonfreedom (+294) 7 years ago
R.I.P one of the greatest men to walk this earth and the moon(being the first)
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 7 years ago
Rest in peace, rocket man.
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1139) 7 years ago
After Neil Armstrong got back to earth, they asked him if he said "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind", and he said "no", he said "One small step for "a" man, one giant leap for mankind." The "a" was garbled in the transmission. This is for people who want to know what was actually said.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+755) 7 years ago
They've been arguing about that for many years now. So what. Also "they" think his little story about the "have fun, Mr. Gorsky" comment was baloney. I don't care, it's a great story, Neil Armstrong was my HERO when I was ten years old. Try to imagine what balls it took to get into an Apollo rocket... Wow. Rest in peace, Mr. Armstrong.
Posted by ALVIN SWINDLER (+67) 7 years ago
Neil Armstrong will always be remembered as a true pioneer in space travel. He will be a Hero to many generations to come. My heart goes out to his family and friends. GOD BLESS YOU NEIL,FOR YOU ARE TRUELY AMONG THE STARS AGAIN.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14186) 7 years ago
In 2009, the world lost Michael Jackson. In 2012, we lost Neil Armstrong. We are quickly running out of moonwalkers.

RIP Neil.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3716) 7 years ago
It's pretty crazy that there were people who could remember the Wright brother's first flight still alive when men walked on the moon 66 years later. It's not so inspiring that it's been 43 years since that first moon landing and we have not really eclipsed it when it comes to manned space travel.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9865) 7 years ago
I remember my grandfather, who sold Stanley Steamers as a young man, watching the moon landing. A whole lot in one life and he lived for another 20 years.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8297) 7 years ago
Manned space travel's a pipe dream, at least with our current level of technology. Personally, I'd rather get 10 robot missions to the outer planets than 1 (or less) manned mission to mars.