Posted by May (+29) 9 years ago
We have a hawk that is circling overhead in our neighborhood. I am concerned about our small dog. The hawk has been hanging around for a few days now. Does anyone have any suggestions to deter the hawk? I am really only interested in appropriate solutions please.
Posted by Marty Scheid (+229) 9 years ago
Believe it or not, hang an aluminum pie tin from a piece of string in one of your trees. Hawk's and Crows will go elsewhere!
banned
Posted by SD (+1531) 9 years ago
Have your dog wear a lampshade. It will hide the dog and the hawk will be afraid of getting temporarily blinded.
Posted by May (+29) 9 years ago
thanks Marty, I'll try the pie plate.
Posted by Randall (+115) 9 years ago
SD,

If said dog wears a lamp shade, will it then think it is a lamp? If so, will it go outside at night, turn itself off and on repeatedly, and cause the neighbors to complain that the dog is flashing them?
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1278) 9 years ago
I bet he'll be the life of the party...
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+791) 9 years ago
Are you sure it's a hawk. It could be a young eagle. They love cats, smal dogs and bunnies. With any luck, maybe it will dine on a pidgeon or two.
banned
Posted by SD (+1531) 9 years ago
Randall

I believe that you are saying that May`s dog , if he acted like you suggested , that you would be calling May`s dog a blinking idiot.
Posted by nativemc (+919) 9 years ago
It could be buzzards circling Medicare and Social Security if Romney/Ryan get elected.