Garbage collection?
Posted by N2GN2 (+44) 9 years ago
How much does it cost to get your household trash collected in the city? Would you save money if you made your own trip to the dump once a month? Thanks.
Posted by neonfreedom (+289) 9 years ago
I think they raised it to $55 or something like that a month?dont quote me im not positive...
supporter
Posted by Colette Butcher (+403) 9 years ago
I believe that charge is for 3 months and they pickup once a week.
supporter
Posted by GW (+438) 9 years ago
$58.50 per 3 months. If you have a family worth the money, if only you, a one trip to the dump per month is a lot cheaper......I sometimes only have 1 bag a week, so break it down to $4.86/bag. A little steep, but if you put your leaves/boxes/household trash etc it is a lot less hassle.
Posted by N2GN2 (+44) 9 years ago
Thanks for the help. I called the dump and they said there is no charge to drop off household trash. Seems like an easy way to save $20 a month!
supporter
Posted by JIMBO (+2010) 9 years ago
Don't forget to fix tire or two each year.
Posted by Its Me (+188) 9 years ago
Yes the household items are free, but anything they deem not houshold does cost. People do commonly put things in the garbage bins items that would not be classified as household. When that happens they go free but if you take it they will charge something.

Demo is one example. Place the sheetrock/panelling, carpet pieces in the dumpster... free if it fits, but if you take it it is demo and is charged for.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1515) 9 years ago
I have also been charged Demo for a couch. It wont fit in the can they tell me! So I was charged Demo. I would just pay the bill, or if you are alone split with the neighbor. But still just pay it and they will take everything!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11731) 9 years ago
They picked up 43 bags of yard waste from me with no comment. They did stop and take a picture of the pile of bags, though.