Law in Custer County???
Posted by Mike Willson (+202) 9 years ago
It is funny that our County Sherrif's office cannot inforce the law? Dave Powers is saying "It is Civil" So he helped The Law Breaker do it and threatened me! It is really stange that the CCSD will drive over to tell me that they were called and told my pickup is close to AAron Ayes drive. But when he blocks my drive with cement blocks on the roadway, they have the road forman notify him of the law!! That is where it stopped? I am still driveing arround these blocks that were illegally put there!! I can move them but Dave Powers said he will arrest me, if I move them? Sad but true "It is not what you know but who you know!!! Or how much money you can spend!!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16946) 9 years ago
Sounds like a property line dispute which really would be a "civil matter".

houselogic: Property Line Disputes: Peaceful Ways to Settle Boundary Issues
Posted by nativemc (+912) 9 years ago
Where is this? Maybe if this was explained better, people would understand what you are talking about.

[This message has been edited by nativemc (7/17/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6175) 9 years ago
Photos, please.
Posted by Kacey (+3158) 9 years ago
Get your property lines staked.
supporter
Posted by JIMBO (+2010) 9 years ago
I just drove by "the problem" on north Haynes. It could be settled if you get your land surveyed. Then you will know if the cement blocks are on your land. If they are on your neighbors land you can not do anything about it. If it is considered a county road not just your neighbors driveway then talk to the county commissioners to have them removed.

Key to this whole problem is on whos land are blocks on!
Posted by Tongue River Millworks & Meado (+250) 9 years ago
As a 1/2 owner in Aye Rentals, we hired a surveyor to put in stakes and built a fence to stop Mike from taking advantage of our property. A 25' easment was granted years ago, Mike wants more land than agreed and has broken all easment agreements, plus he has a restraining order beause he has scared my mother so much she does not want to leave the house. He has torn down the fence before, and he refuses to get a lawyer. Mike needs to build his own drive-way and stop trying to take more.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11731) 9 years ago
This is a case very like Rob Shipley's. People who are dead in the wrong but refuse to see it, either due to mental disability or hope if they whine about it enough, someone will feel sorry for them.
Posted by Its Me (+188) 9 years ago
So what would it take to put in your own driveway. Is there room?

[This message has been edited by Its Me (7/17/2012)]
Aye Rentals have protested Mike's trespasses on our property the first year he moved in. We have owned the land for almost 50 yrs. and have had no problem with our neighbors. Mike needs to hire a lawyer and stop trying to be one. Mike has no respect of anybody's personal property, we still can't get it thru his head that we own the easement.
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+709) 9 years ago
Mr. Willson, civil matters are settled by lawyers or as a last resort, the court. Law enforcement can not arrest anyone for a civil matter, only criminal matters. That is what Dave Power was telling you. Get a copy of the easement at the courthouse, or I am sure Ayes will give you one! Read it, take your measurements, and if you still are disastified, contact a surveyor or an attorney. (A surveyor told me he hates neighbor boundary disputes.) I suggest you leave Mrs. Aye alone, or you might be facing a protective order against you. That would require you to stay so many feet away from her. As you border the property it would probably begin at the start of their land, usually it is much longer. In my opinion,it's appalling that you would harass an elderly woman over this matter.
This whole situation is doing nothing but causing stress and hard feelings.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3209) 9 years ago
Mike...I believe that Jimbo is right on. When we first bought our home on Pleasant Street, Dr. Hoopes was building a fence and had the property line surveyed. A "painless" solution. Good luck.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17230) 9 years ago
I await the Wendinator to throw the proverbial can of gas onto this thread.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11731) 9 years ago
Surveys cost money. Lawyers cost money. Righteous indignation because you are such a low watt bulb you don't understand when you are wrong is free.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1436) 9 years ago
Wow, although I generally don't like taking digs at other people Amorette's was absolutely brilliant!

(Pun intended AND sincere). Amorette, you now owe me a new keyboard and refill on my coffee.
Mike has made every mistake in the book. He should have went to the real-estate agent, surveyors, title insurance, and the previous owners first with his problem. Instead he tried to bully his neighbors into giving him land.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4942) 9 years ago
Bullying never works IMO...I agree that the previous owners plus the title company,realtor and surveyors would have been the proper place to start this research not to mention the others you said, Tongue River...but now that he has gone this far, how do you stop this insanity plus you said your own mom is afraid to come out of the house due to all this...seems to be damages are building...Sad...
Stopping the insanity? Good question. It is hard to talk common sense to a man that tries to melt the snow off his roof with a garden hose in the winter of 2010 and making a 200' pond of ice in your drive way. My goal remains the same build a fence to define the easment line and stop Mike's encroachment, all at my expence. Security cameras have been installed, my mother still can't get her mail or the paper from fear, but the paper now gets delivered to her door and Aaron gets the mail (along with a daily verbal assault).

Mike's anger should been pointed towards his land deal. We had nothing to do with his problem.

At this point I welcome the opportunity to plead my case in front of a Judge.
supporter
Perhaps Aaron should start taking a tape recorder to tape these daily verbal assaults for the judge to hear...start keeping a record of every encounter so that the judge can see how horrid this has become...
It is funny, That things are put into those books saying what is "The Law!!" But the enforcement officers are refuseing to do their job?
I have talked to the County Commisioners and they CSD, pawned this off on the County Road foreman, he wrote a letter stating that is was "Unlawful to place obstructions on roadway!!
Those blocks are on the Road Easement!!
If you were of any intellegence you would understand that your brother is not Mentally capable to walk unassisted in this world, Like your sister is!!
The Aye Brothers have enogh money from their daddy that the County Law will not bother them!!
Nice Bullpoop Lies!!
Really I harass an old Lady? If she was so scared of me then why wasd she not telling this to the judge?
The only damages have been done by Aaron Aye!!! All was recorded and photographed and still Law enforcement is unable to "Protect and Serve"
You can assume you are intelligent and still your all that thinks so!!
My anger is from constanly being "Stalked and Harrassed" By Aaron Aye!!
Posted by ~*~star~*~ (+115) 9 years ago
i think if you went back to using your driveway (the one you have your lawn growing over) instead of trying to use your neighbors. i have driven past the property in question, and it looks like mike is trying to take full advantage of the common curtisy of a good neighbor.
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+672) 9 years ago
Mikes should...

See what the problem really is
Then realize truthfully who is wrong, him or them
Forget what he thinks, and find out the facts
Unless he is ignorant to the problem.

er what?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3711) 9 years ago
Mike -

Get a lawyer or get over it. Posting here will get you nowhere and I'm sure your hypothetical lawyer would advise you not to do it. If you can't find a lawyer to take your case then you probably don't have one and you should just let it go. All you're doing here is ruining your reputation with a bunch of people in MC.
supporter
At the risk of sounding like Levi, I agree....LOL
Posted by ~*~star~*~ (+115) 9 years ago
Levi- well said.
supporter
I am feeling denied on my above post...

hmmm.. maybe FH will get it...

heheheheheh
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2625) 9 years ago
Septy- I know the meaning to what you wrote LOL, I repeat it all the time
supporter
Exactly Septy, STFU.....LOL
supporter
mmmmmm hehehehe

Posted by rjg (+321) 9 years ago
Maybe, if Mike were the Good Neighbor, and quit trying to make stress for himself and his neighbors. Remove the barriers, which are probably on Aye's property anyway. Get the property lines surveyed!!!
So many people in this world just love DRAMA.

RJG

[This message has been edited by rjg (7/25/2012)]