anyone know whats up?
Posted by dessa (+124) 9 years ago
I'm smelling and seeing smoke but don't see any fire right now. Is there a fire that close by or in town right now?
Posted by Diane Emeney (+499) 9 years ago
Saw a big fire over by the college area...someone said two houses were on fire.
Posted by fruityvicious (+138) 9 years ago
Yes. I heard there is a house on fire somewhere near the college.
Posted by Meri (+134) 9 years ago
Down by the College somewhere! I saw the glow of a fire as I was leaving Walmart! I hope everyone is safe and unharmed! There were alot of sirens as well! I stayed clear and went home so that I was not bothering all the emergency workers, but there was what seemed like a lot of traffic over that way too!
Posted by dessa (+124) 9 years ago
Yea I hope everyone is ok too. With all the wild fires in Montana lately I was getting a little worried.
Posted by MsKMom (+26) 9 years ago
I pray everyone is safe! Husband woke me up because the smell is so strong in our house.

God bless everyone involved.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 9 years ago
Anon E. Mouse told me that a Kirby vacuum got into a bunch of calico cat hair and over-heated.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17509) 9 years ago
It is my understanding that the fire damaged two homes in the 400 block of S. Sewell Ave. I believe the house numbers are 403 and 411. I hope everyone made it out safely.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1432) 9 years ago
MCFR via their Facebook page:

"At 22:21 hours on 7-10-2012 MCFR was toned out for a report or 2 or 3 houses on fire in the area of 400 block of S. Sewell. On arrival Engine 8 found two structures "one being a duplex" with heavy fire showing. MCFR along with CCRVFC had active fire for two hours. No firefighters or civilians were injured during the fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation at this time. Estimated damage is $500,000. MCFR was on scene for 4 hours, during this time we also responded to another fire alarm and two EMS calls."
Posted by gypsykim (+1562) 9 years ago
Does anyone know of any immediate needs of the families affected?
Posted by neonfreedom (+285) 9 years ago
As i have said in previous posts,i do have a full size matress..free for the taking,,,if any one needs them
Posted by ellie may (+475) 9 years ago
they would appreciate anything right now. they barely made it out with only the clothes they had on. the hosptial is taking donations if you would like to talk with them. thank you for helping out a neighbor and friend in this time of need
Posted by neonfreedom (+285) 9 years ago
The full size mattress,is heavy will probably need help moving

[This message has been edited by neonfreedom (7/11/2012)]