Posted by jojo (+11) 9 years ago
I always thought this was a great town with wonderful small town people .I now know this town has some people who do nothing but talk bad about others and put people down! What happened to people like my grandpa who waved to everyone? Who would stop and help a stranger on the side of the road just because.... where has the humanity of a small town gone?I really wonder now if raising children is better in a small town because if all people do in a small town is rip each other apart or talk bad about others why? Why not go live and deal with the hassel of being in a big town ? At least if you are in a big town people have their own lives to worry about, and dont worry so much about what you are doing or not doing or what they think you are doing!! Not pointing to anyone person just the town itself as a whole as well as this site and the things some people post here, just ridiculus.I am sure there will be plenty of people who post here however my only request is please do not post things that have nothing to do with this thread or that are degrading to anyone else or talking bad about anyone else thank you a very concerned citizen of Miles City.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14936) 9 years ago
jojo wrote:
I always thought this was a great town with wonderful small town people .I now know this town has some people who do nothing but talk bad about others and put people down! What happened to people like my grandpa who waved to everyone? Who would stop and help a stranger on the side of the road just because.... where has the humanity of a small town gone?I really wonder now if raising children is better in a small town because if all people do in a small town is rip each other apart or talk bad about others why? Why not go live and deal with the hassel of being in a big town ? At least if you are in a big town people have their own lives to worry about, and dont worry so much about what you are doing or not doing or what they think you are doing!! Not pointing to anyone person just the town itself as a whole as well as this site and the things some people post here, just ridiculus.I am sure there will be plenty of people who post here however my only request is please do not post things that have nothing to do with this thread or that are degrading to anyone else or talking bad about anyone else thank you a very concerned citizen of Miles City.

So the topic of the thread is "interrogatives".
Posted by Monica LN (+146) 9 years ago
Ugh... another one?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9125) 9 years ago
I believe this thread needs more Mellencamp:

supporter
Bridgier wrote:
I believe this thread needs more Mellencamp:

... or less "melancholy"!
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3672) 9 years ago
"JoJo was a man who thought he was a loner
But he knew it couldn't last
Jo Jo left his home in Tucson, Arizona
for some California grass

Get back, get back
Get back to where you once belonged

Get back Jo Jo"

Well, sometimes it's to break up the boredom of the bored dumb. We are, after all is said and done, a society obsessed with other people. We create, worship and destroy celebrity. We worship and reward our favored warriors as they take to the stadiums or face each other in the ring. Whatever arena is in vogue. It is a distraction from the continuing effort to inflict our ideologies on others on a more global scale. It's all rather sad, really.

It is a simple solution to feeling righteous and self righteousness is its own reward.

My God! I feel good. Surely I have resolved this issue on several fronts.
supporter
Posted by Julie (+417) 9 years ago
Tucker for President!
supporter
I'm with Julie. Let's move Tucker back to and worship him.
Posted by Kmama (+102) 9 years ago
+1
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3709) 9 years ago
My God! I feel good. Surely I have resolved this issue on several fronts.

Unfortunately, due to technical board limitations, we will be unable to resolve it on several fonts.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17125) 9 years ago
Where can you run to
What more can you do
No more tomorrow
Life is killing you
Dreams turn to nightmares
Heaven turns to hell
Words of confusion
Nothing more to tell

Everything around you
What's it coming to
God knows as your dog knows
God blessed all of you
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Nothing more to do
Living just for dying
Dying just for you
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1541) 9 years ago
In my little town
I grew up believ--ing
God keeps his eye on us all
And he used to lean upon me
As I pledged allegiance to the wall
Lord I recall
My little town

Coming home after school
Flying my bike past the gates
Of the factories
My mom doing the laundry
Hanging our shirts
In the dirty breeze

And after it rains
There's a rainbow
And all of the colors are black
It's not that the colors aren't there
It's just imagin-ation they lack
Everything's the same
Back in my little town
Nothing but the dead and dying
Back in my little town
Back in my little town

In my little town
I never meant nothin'
I was just my fathers son
Saving my money
Dreaming of glory
Twitching like a finger
On the trigger of a gun
Leaving nothing but the dead and dying
Back in my little town
Repeat and fade:
Back in my little town

FH
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3208) 9 years ago
I think it is good to remember that..."You take YOURSELF wherever you go"!!!