Just wondering....
Posted by myname (+186) 10 years ago
is it legal to let a 13 year old live in a camper all year round...(in there back yard) that only has electricity and nothing else and now he is an unruly 18 year old.. also the same bunch burns there house hold trash outside in an old well hole (in city limits)...and stacks there little house dogs in kennels one on top of the other in the heat behind a blanket outside for 8 hours a day while they cry and whine....and this group has been busted for drugs and now Welfare is giving them back a child to care for( from the drug busted mother who is also the daughter of the mother who sent her kid to live in a camper) like I said just wondering.....
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 10 years ago
This has a tiny, tiny hint of being a loaded question.
supporter
Posted by Dona Stebbins (+821) 10 years ago
Duh? Call Child and Family Services. There also seems to be a code violation or two in there somewhere. Posting on here will not give you a solution.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9469) 10 years ago
I disagree Dan. I'm sure it's all a purely hypothetical conjecture - a thought experiment as it were.

"Until the camper is opened, the unruly 18 year-old is both dead AND alive, as the wave function has not collapsed"
called welfare for the last 5 years even called Helena's top office.....the dog catcher has been here and does nothing....then the Fire chief was called about the fires and not even a ticket....What is wrong with MILES City
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 10 years ago
wow..loaded question. I would suggest that if you have these complaints you get others to back them. One person can be ignored. A group is much harder to silence.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18207) 10 years ago
"...even called Helena's top office..."

"What is wrong with MILES City"

supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 10 years ago
Schrodinger's teenager.

I'm still wondering if the kid was in the camper for five years or if it's parked on an Indian burial ground/time warp.
supporter
It's nice to see that nothing gets mob hunting for their pitchforks like the the thought of puppies stacked in cages. "puppies... in (choke)... cages. Oh, and their kid's a brat too."
wow I can see by the countless mindless responses that THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MILES CITY ......no comment on the mother/grandmother who made her son live in a camper for 5 years well the dogs and cats lived indoors but now she is trying to impress DPHHS she keeps the dogs out and the kid (brat or no) is still living in unsanitary conditions un educated and doing drugs
I GUESS I GOT MY ANSWER NO BODY GIVES A DARN
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15369) 10 years ago
myname wrote:
wow I can see by the countless mindless responses that THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MILES CITY

Actually, the number of responses is very countable.... mine makes ten.

I wonder what milescity thinks about this?
supporter
he's probably busy getting that trailer moved before the "gubmint" shows up.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 10 years ago
It could be that no one GIVES A DARN, or it could be that people don't like to form an opinion based on nothing but the testimony of one anonymous person that they don't know and may or may not have an axe to grind or just be totally insane. Not saying that you do or are, but we have no way of knowing, so it's unlikely that anyone will snap into action based on this post. Erratic use of capitalization, punctuation, and parentheses does not improve your credibility.
supporter
it could be that people don't like to form an opinion based on nothing but the testimony of one anonymous person that they don't know and may or may not have an axe to grind or just be totally insane

This is demonstrably false. I do it all the time.
supporter
Darnit Levi, why did you have to articulate everything so clearly and accurately? Gosh darn clear-headed fool with his head on his shoulders.
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 10 years ago
myname,
IF you truly have a problem with what is going on then take my suggestion. I DID TRY TO HELP YOU but you chose to ignore my suggestion. So don't get all high and mighty proclaiming no one cares. Perhaps that is part of your credibility issue.
supporter
Here's a dime, take your time warp back 5 years and call someone who cares (from a payphone).
Posted by Jessica Culver (+77) 10 years ago
Just a thought, but:

If you've called all these people, and no one's found anything wrong enough to do something about it, there's a reason for that.

Just because you don't like someone, or don't agree with their lifestyle, doesn't mean it's criminal.
Posted by Its Me (+179) 10 years ago
Here's a dime, take your time warp back 5 years and call someone who cares (from a payphone).

Ok Buck here is the problem with that statement. The "Time Warp" hasn't been invented yet, so you need to start working on that, and a dime won't pay for a call in the current time frame.

So here is what you do knowing the above. Save a dime, and wait for Buck to create the Time Warp, then warp back 5 years + amount of time for Buck to get his invention to work, then call someone who cares (from a payphone).

OR ... OR ... ( insert response here )
supporter
....dood, that's lock tight.
supporter
A 13 year old went in a trailer and came out 18 years old. We have something much bigger to be concerned about than the welfare of one child who, at this stage, happens to be an adult.
Posted by milescity (+68) 10 years ago
Here is something you can try "mind your own business". If you see physical abuse go jit the parents with a bat, untill then live yours and let them live theirs.
supporter
milescity said:
Here is something you can try "mind your own business". If you see physical abuse go jit the parents with a bat, untill then live yours and let them live theirs.

Good to know what milescity thinks about the situation.
supporter
untill then live yours and let them live theirs.

Unless they're gay or brown, then it's time to run them out of town...
Posted by Evalyn Harding (+183) 10 years ago
my name- you must be talking about the 800 block of yellowstone.....come on people where is your compassion instead of mouthing OFF maybe see if you could help in this matter????????DO NOT RESPOND if you can't say something NICE......
supporter
Where was the compassion FIVE YEARS AGO?!?
all this tells me is the people that are suppose to do something did not.......and have not...fell through the cracks....sad sad.
We have Richard Bonine Jr listed as the Manager of Habitat Management Inc, which is listed under Environmental Consultant in Gillette, WY.
supporter
myname wrote:
We have Richard Bonine Jr listed as the Manager of Habitat Management Inc, which is listed under Environmental Consultant in Gillette, WY.

You have an old listing. What does that have to do with the topic of this thread?
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+670) 10 years ago
Because Richard...

you ARE that 18 year old kid..

That trailer IS a time machine...

Go to it.. enter it... and poof! you ARE the 13 year old... who lives there until you are 18.. then you grow up.. livin life.. living in Miles City.. living in Gillete... then the whole thing starts over again..

It's a vicious circle... sorry man...
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1906) 10 years ago
Even Mittens would object to the puppy-stacking.
you dont live here duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
supporter
myname wrote:
you dont live here duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, some days I do live there and I am actively working on making it "all days" that I live there.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 10 years ago
Richard has another office in Miles City and as such is in Miles City at least half the year so "myname" you could not be more wrong...Pay attention and concentrate on reading comprehension...
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3857) 10 years ago
Being a notorious thread killer, I suppose it's time to step in and resolve this matter for good.

OK, I only have one thing to say. Oh! no I don't. Never mind.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1529) 10 years ago
Tucker, it might be time for a bicycle ride.
Posted by jojo (+16) 10 years ago
Thank You . I agree Jessica since I am the one this crazy lady has an issue with and has nothing better to do with her time then harrass hard working folks sorry I may not be rich or live off the government and the hard working folks of our community like others but hey at least if she is talking about me she is leaving someone else alone. Positive thoughts I won't stoop to this womans level and tell you all the things she has done!Lets just say she is stuck with me I own this house and I am going no where! Sorry no name lady in the alley,oops sorry she wanted to remain no name huh ...... My only response to every one who talks bad about others is something my mom told me when I was a girl those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones or another good one was clean up your own back yard before you go puting your nose in someone else's both good and sound advice for no name Thanks Miles City and Jessica .
supporter
then harrass hard working folks sorry I may not be rich or live off the government and the hard working folks of our community like others

You dont know me and I dont know you so I would never try to judge you from what someone else may say I would ask you . I guess most people dont have it in them thats ok .Some just put others down to feel better about themselves again ok I know who I am and what I have or have not done so judge but all will be judged by GOD and he is the only true judge that matters have a wonderful life !
supporter
then harrass hard working folks sorry I may not be rich or live off the government and the hard working folks of our community like others

Some just put others down to feel better about themselves

Posted by katl big fan (+25) 10 years ago
My name- Just wondering if you know these people at all. If you are so conserned with the situation where is your name? Don't be ashamed of it. If you know anything about the 13 year old boy you would know he is very proud of that camper he purchased with his own money. He may not be perfect but he did go and get a GED, so he is educated!!! He is very goal motivated and has good dreams and intentions of following those dreams!!! Best of luck to you 18 year old boy

As for the trash burning, it could be they don't get into trouble because they have burn permits that allow them to burn.

And to bash the grandmother and mother in a public forum, is not only wrong, but sad. Shame on you for casting a stone. They may have made some mistakes in life, but when you can sit by and say you have not made one mistake, then cast the first stone. I don't know that you are looking at the full situation. And I believe you should leave it in the hands of the people who are trained in this kind of work to take care of the situation. Just my opinion.

Use the Golden Rule people. Do unto others as you want them to do unto you!!!
Well why are you saying anything at all. Oh ya your not just copying what I write and reposting with a sarcasm smiley.Well I am so glad to see that me and my uneducated children as my name stated are so uneducated but yet some of the posts on here such as the one above from bridgier (twice) make me question why leave anything if you dont have something real to say so please dont post if you have nothing real to say thank you .

[This message has been edited by jojo (5/24/2012)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3857) 10 years ago
"JoJo was a man who thought he was a loner
But he knew it couldn't last
Jo Jo left his home in Tucson, Arizona
for some California grass

Get back, get back
Get back to where you once belonged

Get back Jo Jo"

Well, sometimes it's to break up the boredom of the bored dumb. We are, after all is said and done, a society obsessed with other people. We create, worship and destroy celebrity. We worship and reward our favored warriors as they take to the stadiums or face each other in the ring. Whatever arena is in vogue. It is a distraction from the continuing effort to inflict our ideologies on others on a more global scale. It's all rather sad, really.

It is also a simple solution to making one feel righteous and self-righteousness is its own reward.
well I have lived for years at 813 yellowstone next door to this family I have seen and heard alot and yes jojo we will be judge by our maker it just seems odd to me you bring up god when you do not live by his words.as far as people on here you don't need to respond because you don't got a clue.....oh and joanne the next time I will call the police....oh my name is Evalyn Harding and as far as noname these people have put her throu HELL and it is going to stop I have turned my cheek long enoff.....

[This message has been edited by Evalyn Harding (6/18/2012)]
supporter
Could you give us a brief synopsis of what the hell you're talking about? I don't want to read the whole thread again.