Proud Grandpa
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1232) 10 years ago
My grandson Alex Klatt from Billings Senior HS set a new 800 meter record in the recent top ten meet. He ran a 1.55.38 beating the old record set in 1988. He won the state AA state 800 last year as a sophmore.

He has Miles City ties as his other Grand parents, the late Carl and Lois Klatt were long time residents.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1664) 10 years ago
Very neat, Ike. Congratulations!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17424) 10 years ago
Well done, Alex.
supporter
Posted by Sharlys (+200) 10 years ago
I'm a proud cousin, as well! Way to go, Alex!!!
Posted by Bruce Klatt (+1) 10 years ago
Thanks everyone. Here is the race if you would like to watch it.

Proud Dad!

supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3266) 10 years ago
WOW...It ended up looking like he was the only one on the track. Talk about amazing. Congrats...and, yea for Billings Senior...my alma mater. It looked like you by the finish line, Ike?????
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2737) 10 years ago
Hello Ike. It's been a long time since I've seen your name on here, and I smiled when I did. I hope things are going good for you these days, and I'm so glad that your grandson has made you so proud (as I'm sure your other grandchildren do). Congratulations to him and all the best to you, Sir.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 10 years ago
Congrats Ike, nothing like a grandchild to make ya proud and happy...If I had known grandkids were so wonderful, I would have tried to have them first LOL...
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5100) 10 years ago
Hey, Ike is back!

Hope you're doing well, you old bull, you!
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1664) 10 years ago
That was an awesome race to watch. Thank you.
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1232) 10 years ago
Thursday at the Billings City track meet, Alex surpassed another 1986 record in the 800 meters by running a 1.55.53. 2 more meets this year for him. Divisionals and State. Keep topping those records Alex.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 10 years ago
wow, what an athlete...reaching for the stars will be easy for him in life...
supporter
Posted by Sharlys (+200) 9 years ago
Congrats, Alex, on winning the 800 at the State meet for two years in a row!! Definitely wish we could have been there to see it!!
supporter
Posted by ike eichler (+1232) 9 years ago
Yes, 2 years in a row, now for a 3 peat. This year in the snow at state in Butte he was also 3rd in the 400, 5th in the 1600 and anchored the 4 X 400 relay that took second. Bruce posted the youtube videos.
Posted by mt_mom (+116) 9 years ago
Way cool! Gave me goosebumps!!!! Thanks for sharing!