Where is "Highway 2"
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15202) 10 years ago
By Amorette Allison
One zone change was tabled by the Miles City Zoning Commission at their Monday meeting, but three other public hearings for zone changes are on the calendar.
The J & M Properties request to change the zoning on a property at the corner of Leighton Boulevard and Haynes Avenue was tabled because the owner of the property was uncertain what zone change might be necessary.
Three other public hearings for zone changes, however, are scheduled. On Monday, May 7, a public hearing will be held on property on Horizon Parkway off Highway 59. The property is currently zoned heavy commercial, and owner Roger Lothspeich wishes to change the zoning to general commercial.
On Monday, May 14, a public hearing will be held for a property in Richland Addition. This property is currently zoned Mobile Home A, but a zone change to light industrial has been requested by Bob Parker. The property is an undeveloped area and he is interested in a construction yard.
A third hearing is scheduled for Monday, June 4, for a property on Highway 2 owned by Kenny and Kevin Hom, which is currently partly general commercial and partly industrial to be re-zoned to industrial. This hearing is subject to change.
There has been a recent influx of zone change requests, requiring the multiple hearings. If a quorum is not in attendance at a hearing, the hearing will be held and comments noted but no vote will be taken.
The commission also held a discussion on the adoption of formal by-laws for the commission. The by-laws had been returned from legal review and required further discussion, so a final vote was tabled. The June 4 public hearing will also be the commission's regular meeting date, and the discussion will continue at that meeting.
The zoning code itself has been under review for several months. The original code was written in 1984 and has had additions since then. The review will bring the code up to date, clarify several points and remove obsolete or contradictory sections. This review will also be ongoing.
Members of the commission are Amber Trenka, chair: Nancy Mitchell, vice chair; Muriel Rost, Leroy Meidinger and Butch Grenz. All were in attendance Monday.

http://milescitystar.com/news/index.php

Posted by Monica LN (+144) 10 years ago
[This message has been edited by Monica LN (4/24/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Colette Butcher (+400) 10 years ago
I am guessing it should have read Highway 12.
Posted by Its Me (+186) 10 years ago
Colette is correct as to the fact the highway must be highway 12. Highway 2 runs along the high line across Montana.

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/pub...tate.shtml
supporter
Posted by Amorette F. Allison (+1913) 10 years ago
GASP!!! I am IMPERFECT!!!! I will commit ritual suicide immediately.

Or say I meant the Baker highway, whatever that is. My sense of direction and numbers suck equally.

Ever driven Highway 2 south of Glacier? Very scenic and very interesting drive, as some part is always missing due to a slide. Maybe I was just thinking how much I would like to take a scenic vacation up near Glacier. Haven't been there since we moved east.

[This message has been edited by Amorette F. Allison (4/25/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15202) 10 years ago
It's okay Amorette, we all have our challenges. I was try to avoid getting exercise by jumping to conclusions.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (4/25/2012)]