Disney for the over 50 set
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11888) 10 years ago
Anyone out there a big fan and/or collector of Disney items and past the age of consent by about thirty years or more? Anyone sharing their Disney fondness with their grandchildren, say? The Star is thinking about doing an article on Disney fondness between generations or just for those of us in our silver years.

Give Marla or me a call at 234-0450 or respond here or email or flag us down on the street while wearing your Mickey Mouse ears!

[This message has been edited by Amorette Allison (4/16/2012)]
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2734) 10 years ago
Hey Amorette:

I don't know if this exactly fits, but I could talk about my fondness for Dalmatians, and the fact that my first two were solicited to appear in the first live-action 101 Dalmatians movie.

K
Posted by Kacey (+3153) 10 years ago
I am now reading the old Golden Books about Sleeping Beauty and Snow White to my granddaughter. The same books I read to my daughters long ago. It is great to know that the classics remain.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6170) 10 years ago
I'm rather anti-Disney now. Loved the old movies but when my daughter was born it suddenly became apparent how dated and degrading to women most of the movies are. Plus they market to kids through the public schools which I find manipulative.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17660) 10 years ago
Back in the day....the day being the early 1970s.....the Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge/Huey, Dewey and Louey comic books were awesome masterpieces of the genre.
supporter
Posted by cj sampsel (+485) 10 years ago
There's no one better than Disney to teach about death. Bambi,
The Lion King and the classic tear jerker of all time, Old Yeller.
I remember the serials from the sixties The Swamp Fox, with
Leslie Nielson (Lt. Drebin) as one of the stars and The Moon
Cussers and of course the Davy Crockett trilogy starring Daniel Boone.
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+484) 10 years ago
My wife and I are over 50 and are big Disney fans -- we go to Disney World almost every year -- we go to Florida due to her job, but always spend a few days at WDW and love it there. Does that count?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17407) 10 years ago
Did you notice how degrading they are to women there, "Forsyth Mike"?
Posted by TK (+1628) 10 years ago
[This message has been edited by TK (4/21/2012)]
Posted by Sean McLain (+18) 10 years ago
I know for a fact that the guy who owns an art publishing company specializing in Disney is from MC and apparently he's done some film writing for Disney a few years back. You might want to contact him. Websites : www.acmearchivesdirect.com; www.disneyundergroundart.com; www.disneylimitedfineart.com
I hear he's a bit of a pain in the arse though.