Computer Tech needed.
Posted by concerned mom (+13) 10 years ago
I am looking for someone who is a competent computer tech that can come in to my office and get my computers working correctly. I have used Computer Solutions in the past but since he is no longer in business I went to another store in town. When I have had them come fix something it is only a temporary fix and pretty soon I am back to square one. I can't afford to keep calling someone in every week to reset things. Anybody out there having better luck than I am? If so who do you recommend?
Posted by Jessica Culver (+77) 10 years ago
What kind of troubles are you having, and what operating system(s)/programs are you running?
Windows XP and I think it is mainly networking issues.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18248) 10 years ago
Bert Elwood at Miles City Personal Computing is a Microsoft-Certified Technician.
Posted by Jessica Culver (+77) 10 years ago
If you would like, you can shoot me an email through here and we can set up a time to check it out. I've got quite a bit of experience with XP and it's many rather interesting networking issues.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 10 years ago
I think you should post your problems here and we'll all give our two cents.
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1529) 10 years ago
I think you should post your problems here and we'll all give our two cents.

Then she might really have reason for 'concern'.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 10 years ago
Windows XP came out in 2001 and Microsoft stopped fully supporting it in 2009. If you're still using it in 2012 you should really think about upgrading. I wouldn't be surprised if just doing that took care of your networking problems.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15369) 10 years ago
I second Levis thought. I am running Window 7 as a virtual machine on my Macs and frankly I have come to like it better than OS X. I suspect that simply upgrading to Windows 7 would solve your problems. Trying get further use out of XP is a bandaid solution.

While there are some things OS X does better (pdf integration), the Lion version of OS X is very gimmicky. I would really like to sell all of my Mac hardware and buy a really good Windows laptop.
Posted by [email protected] (+13) 10 years ago
Technical Sales and Services just opened up in Miles City. Give us a call and I can have one of my tech guys come and take a look. Our phone number is 406-234-5551 or you could stop by our address is 2905 Main Street Suite 2, we are located right next to Community First Federal Credit Union, and across form the fire department. My Tech's have over 25 years of combined experience. Just give us a call.
Thanks
Technical Sales & Services
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 10 years ago
just went from Vista to Windows 7 and there is absolutely no comparing the two...Windows 7, I have totally fallen in love with all its features...
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+670) 10 years ago
With Windows 7 Enterprise and above.. you can download for free from Microsoft : "XP Mode"... basically it is a Virtual PC running the Windows XP operating system within a window. I have it installed on my computer and if your computer is fairly new or just a couple of years old.. it should run like a champ... good for those programs that are not quite yet compatible with 7
Called Technical Sales and Service today. They came right over and had things fixed in a half hour or so. Recommended them to the store next door and they were up and running in a short time also. Would definitely recommend them.