Brian Donnelly Benefit Fund
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14970) 9 years ago
A benefit fund for the Brian Donnelly Family has been established at Stockman Bank. The proceeds for the fund will be used to help the family recover from the devastating loss. If you are interesting in contributing please stop by Stockman Bank and speak to either Rebecca or Wendy. Let's all show this family why living in Miles City is the greatest place on earth.

THANKS!
Posted by Kacey (+3161) 9 years ago
Do you know if they set it up for long distance donations?
supporter
You can call Rebecca or Wendy at Stockman Bank (406.234.8441) and they can assist you with this.
Posted by AshleyDawn (+348) 9 years ago
For anyone interested in donating material items to the family, here is a list of some high priority items that are needed:
-Toiletries/personal care items
-Womens clothing size 2X and shoes size 8

Until a more permanent housing situation is established, items very large may be hard to store/use, but as they obviously lost everything, any donations made will be greatly appreciated.

Waiting to hear back on clothing/shoe size of the youngest family member in need. He is 15, I will update when I get confirmation on that info from the family.

I plan on making 2 donation runs next week, one on Tuesday and one on Friday.
Anybody that would like help in making a donation directly to the family, feel free to contact me.
Please mark containers clearly and separate items by category to help make sorting/identification as easy as possible for the family.
I am sure that if contacted one of the local storage shed facilities would donate a shed for larger donated items.
Ok, he wears a size 12 shoe, adult large shirt, 33x32 pants, and large size boxers.
Great idea, Kacey. Any storage shed owners in the house that are able and willing?
So maybe mc.com isn't the best place to discuss some stuff, but now we have a great opportunity to use this resource for a very good and deserved cause. I propose that now we set the bar for situations like this that are devastating- yet inevitable- and then get to work helping the people that need it.

First of all, Kacey, thank you so much for that idea. It totally got my wheels turning, and got me thinking about how our we can help this family and work together to get them what they need to try and begin to pick up the pieces of their lives.

1) GET STORAGE UNIT SECURED.
2) Designate someone to oversee the donations and report back to the community here and update everyone on the status of the effort- what they have, what they need, donation drop off times, and so forth.
3) Amaze this family and ourselves by the power of community effort, combining resources, and social networking.
4) Remember this next time one of our fellow neighbors needs help, and do it again.

I can't think of a BETTER place than here to set up shop and make this happen- I can't imagine having to deal with a loss of everything like this, but I would be willing to bet that I would be so grateful to not have to worry about having to go buy some toothpaste, socks, etc. While I also had to arrange a funeral, be with family, find a home, and start my whole life over, too.
Let the brainstorming begin.
Posted by luvlife (+287) 9 years ago
Thank you very much, Richard and Ashley Dawn for this info.
Miles City is a great community to help one another and I know everyone will come thru for this family, too.

May God Bless this family and give them strength...very devastating to lose loved one's and everything you own,
Oh, definetely, LOVINLIFE- I completely agree with you.

MC.COM is just such a great hub for information exchange...I just think it would be really cool to have the progress of the effort to help this family documented in such a raw and transparent way. I think having a go-to spot for people interested in helping out would be pretty cool, and it would kinda help streamline the process for the family to, making it more affective.

It seems like it would be a good thing to try at least, but just as you said, I'm sure that no matter how it happens, MC is gonna make sure this family gets the help they need. That's already obvious by the multiple people and groups that have already been starting to do what they can to help....

I get a little excited about stuff sometimes, and that's exactly true about this. I want to make sure that people reading this understand that my idea was more about combining resources, not creating a new one or jumping over other ones...I didn't write my post because I thought anyone or anything wasn't already working great at helping these guys out.

It was pretty much yeah, just an idea. As long as they get the help that's the most important thing, regardless of where or how.
supporter
Thank you to all of those people who contributed to this fund today. Your outpouring of generosity is overwhelming.

The long term needs of this family will be many. Anything you can contribute is greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Posted by fruityvicious (+145) 9 years ago
Hi! This is Andrew Donnelly, Brian's eldest son. I'm posting from my g/f's account.

I am thankful for all the generosity the community has shown my family. Please know that any and all help is meaningful and gratefully received. It makes me cry, the swell I feel in my heart when I realize how much people want to help.

My widowed mother and teenage brother are receiving a lot of much-needed care, sympathy and assistance. It means a lot to me in particular, especially since I am attending college in Great Falls and will have to leave them again soon until the semester's end.

Thank you Richard for your initiative and thoughtfulness. And thank you Ashley! The same goes for everybody else helping--we all feel blessed. You are helping to alleviate our suffering in difficult times. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers and may God bless you all (the way you are blessing us)! You are all loving neighbors and there is no greater gift than that in this world. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

[This message has been edited by fruityvicious (3/16/2012)]
Posted by Scott Kaiser (+257) 9 years ago
Good Morning:
Is there an address or a phone number or a person that we can contact if we have specific items to donate as requested earlier?
Send an email to Ashley...just click on her name where it is in red and it will open an email to her.
Good morning,
Thanks for all of the responses people have made through e-mail on here. I am about ready to make the first donation run today, and I have responded to everyone's requests to donate. As long as I get responded to by 11am I should be able to pick up the items ready to be donated between 11&12. Any emails after that will have to wait until Friday's donation run. Thanks again,
Ashley.