Posted by jack wright (+10) 15 years ago
My son and I will be staying in MC in mid-November during a hunting trip. We would appreciate recommendations for:

1. Places for an early morning breakfast. amd

2. Please to eat in the evening--steaks etc. we prefer to avoid fast food

thank you in advance. Jack Wright
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 15 years ago
Early morning breakfast--4-B's, Gallaghers, Stagecoach Station--all on Haynes Avenue.
Dinner--Hole in the Wall, 519 Club, Cattle-Ac--all downtown. Gallaghers, Stagecoach Station--Haynes Avenue.

Enjoy your stay and good luck with the hunting.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9195) 15 years ago
Is the Chuckwagon still open?
Posted by Rob (+156) 15 years ago
Try the 600 Cafe on Main St. for breakfast.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1763) 15 years ago
For a basic bacon, eggs, toast and coffee on the cheap I would suggest Ben Franklin.

I'd also suggest Geri's on old highway ten for breakfast and goodies to go.
Posted by wilmajean (+39) 15 years ago
When we visit M.C. My dad always takes my husband and son to the 600. They always say they get more food then they can eat and its "good grub"
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2044) 15 years ago
When I come home to visit it is the 600 for breakfast or lunch
Posted by donlarose (+26) 15 years ago
Galleghers is excellent for all meals. Breakfast is served all day and they make a terrific steak and cheese omelet. Their steaks are very good and really cooked to order. They are some of the best in town with good parking.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17335) 15 years ago
As a hunter, I recommend the 4 B's for the early morning breakfast, as they are open 24 hours. I am not sure if the other places meantioned in this thread are open at 5:30 or 6:00 a.m, when hunters meet for breakfast. Order the matador breakfast burrito.
supporter
Posted by cori schock (+185) 15 years ago
The Airport Inn is always good. It's a lunch and dinner place on Highway 59 North. Up the hill, cross the river, turn left at the airplane.

Speaking of....the Chorale will be singing there tonight from 7 - 7:30. Great music to go with your meal!
supporter
Posted by MRH (+1489) 15 years ago
Hi, The Boardwalk on Haynes is also good for supper.
Posted by Eric Brandt (+845) 15 years ago
Miles City needs a food critique.

A food critique would improve the level of service and quality all the way around.
supporter
Posted by Barb Holcomb (+406) 15 years ago
Food Critique?

Having worked at the 600 and Hole in the Wall many years ago, the Food Inspector had the same effect.

Here in San Antonio, restaurants are required to post their most recent inspection check list with their score in a visible, prominent place and scores are posted weekly, in the newspaper.

[This message has been edited by Barb Holcomb (edited 10/17/2006).]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 15 years ago
The 600 hasn't been the same since you left.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5095) 15 years ago
Food Critique?

Having worked at the 600 and Hole in the Wall many years ago, the Food Inspector had the same effect.

Here in San Antonio, restaurants are required to post their most recent inspection check list with their score in a visible, prominent place and scores are posted weekly, in the newspaper.

-----------------------------

I've found that there is often an inverse relationship between a restaurant's inspection score and how good the food is!