Whitney Houston RIP
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4948) 8 years ago
She died today...don't know the cause but what a lovely and talented person and how sad if it was drugs...she was only in her 40's...I loved to hear her sing and she was a terrific actress as well...
Posted by clm (+108) 8 years ago
Always hoped we would hear her in full voice again, see her healthy and happy again. Very saddened.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13770) 8 years ago
they want to send me off to rehab and I say no, no, no
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+1841) 8 years ago
"I will always love you" is one of the best songs of all time.

Her "Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXV in 1991 is considered the best versions ever.

Her hits are endless...Saving all my love for you, Greatest Love of all, Exhale(The Shoop Shoop Song), I'm Every Woman, I'm Your Baby Tonight and on and on.

Her biggest mistake in life was becoming involved with Bobby Brown.

This is going to put a gloom on the Grammies tomorrow night.

RIP Whitney
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+433) 8 years ago
It'll be interesting to see if the Grammys do a tribute of some sort. It's pretty late in the game, TV production-wise, to put something major together but I hope they do something.

I do think however that Dolly Parton's version of "I Will Always Love You" is ten times better than Whitney's over-done version. I always liked her dance songs the best. The ballads all sounded the same to me. But, that's just me...I still acknowledge that she had an awesome talent. Very sad news.
supporter
"I will always love you" is one of the best songs of all time.

To each, their own.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1909) 8 years ago
...from one of the worst movies of all time.
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1661) 8 years ago
Sad to hear, indeed. RIP
supporter
supporter
Posted by Barb Holcomb (+410) 8 years ago
The first time and only time I heard Whitney's version of the Star Spangled Banner (done during Super Bowl) was when I returned from Desert Shield/Desert Storm in Apr 1991. They played it on the plane as we landed at JFK. It certainly had special meaning that day.

supporter
Her last song before her death
supporter
Posted by JCF (+397) 8 years ago
Sirius Radio was doing a promo yesterday for its Whitney tribute, and said something like "her fans were shocked and saddened to hear of her death." Okay, I could go with them on saddened, but was anybody really shocked to hear this? Frankly, with the drug addiction she could not shake, I was surprised that she lived this long. "Crack is whack," to quote Whitney from one of her interviews about her drug abuse.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1430) 8 years ago
I thought "One Moment in Time" was fairly spectacular.
supporter
No illegal drugs were found thus far (her tox report hasn't come back yet) but she was found in her bathtub, and there is evidence of Xanax and alcohol so far...she was getting ready for the Grammy awards apparently...My guess is an accidental mixture of scrips and alcohol...very sad, as her voice was, to me at least, wonderous...
supporter
and there is evidence of Xanax and alcohol so far...she was getting ready for the Grammy awards apparently...

Well, here is one area where I do have empathy for Whitney....if someone were to force me to watch the Grammy awards, I think I would liked to be hopped up on pills and hootch.

banned
Posted by SD (+1529) 8 years ago
As S.K. put it,she signed up for the musician`s retirement program.
supporter
Posted by AshleyDawn (+338) 8 years ago
My facebook status at noon today: 'Put Whitney in the ground already! Give thanks to those that really served us.'

So true. Plus now she really is down there. Whew!
Posted by AshleyDawn (+338) 8 years ago
That sounded bad, and I need to clarify. I'm sorry to hear that she's gone and respect that.
I'm glad she can now rest and whatever.
Another bonus might be that I can now hear normal music on the radio again. Damn, this week's been a rough one to stick out as a radio listener!