Classified ad...
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18207) 11 years ago
Posted by stef428 (+234) 11 years ago
that's a good word for it!
Posted by Monica LN (+150) 11 years ago
wow... I take it she wasn't using her renters' $$ to pay her mortgage... And apparently the whole babysitting/daycare thing didn't work either.

Who would have the NERVE to ask a stranger (and the public at large) to co-sign a loan?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18248) 11 years ago
The Youhas woman has been a trainwreck ever since the time she first logged into mc.com. You may recall the thread, she posted that she and her husband had just moved to Miles City, was looking to start a small business, and what kind of business could Miles City use?

Lots of people posted helpful suggestions....and then she decided to start a DJ/entertainment business...like that's just what Miles Citians needed to spend their hard earned cash on, someone else playing them their crappy music.

I do admit, it is entertaining watching her roll from one harebrained scheme to the next. Jewelry, dogs, prom dresses...pass the popcorn!
Posted by Chris Sirchia (+628) 11 years ago
Just a scam to get a SBA loan and blow the money
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 11 years ago
Kinda sad when ya think about it, cause this lady apparently thinks strangers are dumb enough to fall for it...
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 11 years ago
So, she's from Jersey, then Wyoming at the start of a thread then Utah by the end of the thread, hoping Montanans are happy to co-sign for whoever, wherever she is?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18248) 11 years ago
Personally, I don't think its a scam....lights on, nobody's home.
Posted by Monica LN (+150) 11 years ago
What Gunnar said... In my naivety, being new to the area, I actually went to her house in an answer to her daycare ad- dirty house- two tenants (one upstairs and one in the basement); like 4 dogs- she wouldn't show me her backyard, and with only the empty promise of becoming licensed. I left feeling very bad vibes and needless to say I did not come back.

Yes, I do not think she is scamming anyone- she just doesn't KNOW.
Posted by BJM (+142) 11 years ago
http://www.sexyjobs.com/talent_details.asp?ID=151942
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 11 years ago
Posted by boxdmc (+91) 11 years ago
Wow! Of the few times I've responded in this forum, several have been to comment on how critical and quick to judge people are. I hear people talking about what makes Miles City great and how people help each other all the time. This thread certainly doesn't seem to represent the "help your neighbor" attitude.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned and feel like people sometimes need a second, third or fourth chance at life.
If you can't or won't help that's OK but IMO it would be better to just not respond.
For the record, I don't know this person, just saying.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2307) 11 years ago
When you go through life making terrible decisions, and you end up begging people you don't even know around the community for a co-sign with a loan... Well... Let's just say you aren't playing life right.

Here's my remedy. Get off your arse, get a job, and quit begging for help.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1439) 11 years ago
Boxedmc,

Being helpful and compassionate doesn't mean switching off critical thinking. Don't confuse people who are willing to help to mean they must also be foolish in how they establish need and a gameplan to help.

Since she's only asking for a signature - and is willing to pay money to compensate for it, can we assume that you're willingness to help means you'll pop on over to the bank today to be a co-signor?

EDIT: In spite of my post coming after Josh's - it wasn't posted when I began typing. I have zero idea if JerseyGirl has made bad decisions in life or not to get to this point. Bad things happen to good people who do everything right, sometimes. So, I make no comment on how she may or may not have gotten into trouble. I sympathize.

But, asking for strangers to co-sign for a loan that might get defaulted on? The bank is being careful by requiring a co-signor. Why can't the people who are being asked to sign be careful?

[This message has been edited by Dan Mowry (1/18/2012)]
Posted by boxdmc (+91) 11 years ago
Anyone who would come to the financial aid to another should do due diligence to insure their own interests are protected. There were some good questions asked of this individual that were on point but many other comments that were just negative. This is not the approach I would take were I in need but that isn't the point here. As far as me personally helping out this individual, no one will ever know.
Mat 6:3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1728) 11 years ago
Frank 1:18

Co-sign only if you are demonstrating stereo to a deaf person.

FH
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18207) 11 years ago
"do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing..."

Amen to that.