The Few, The Proud
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2744) 10 years ago
Posted by Mathew Schmitz (+278) 10 years ago
I don't know the words to describe how disturbing that is. And I know lots of words.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 10 years ago
Our best and brightest need to leave the cameras at home.
Posted by Grim Reaper (+78) 10 years ago
Not very smart of them, but I won't be losing any sleep over it tonight.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 10 years ago
Of course not. The other are barely people, let alone human
Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+481) 10 years ago
...in Civilian clothing.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+758) 10 years ago
War is hell.
Lots worse things have happened in conflict. I wish the Marines shown had not done this, especially in front of a camera. They are not showing good judgement but I don't question their anger or ponder their disrespect.
It kind of disturbs me that someone would videotape this alleged activity and then share it, I wonder why they did that .
I do not send condolences to the families of the golden shower recipients.
War is hell, huh?
Yes in civilian clothing, hence "guerilla warfare". Before you go feeling sorry for these people, think of 9/11.
supporter
You realize that the Taliban had procreate-all to do with 9/11 right? All muslins are the same though. Maybe if they just had something useful and fulfilling like Christ or swimming in their lives, they all wouldn't turn out to be so moosliney.

Asshats.
This is exactly why, someday we will have another 9-11. When that video is distributed around the middle east, 1000's of kids will sign up for terrorist summer camp. In the mind of a terrorist, this video proves that they were right about us. In their minds, all americans are responsible for the sins of a few. Good luck us. We all wonder how our captured soldiers can be treated so horribly? Be-headed and such? Now you know why. War is hell eh?

[This message has been edited by Mathew Schmitz (1/12/2012)]
And Jeff? The "conflict" was over. They were dead. And I didn't see any anger displayed by the soldiers. They were laughing.

[This message has been edited by Mathew Schmitz (1/12/2012)]
Posted by michael naatjes (+996) 10 years ago
Don't be so quickly to judge. Maybe you need to walk in their shoes, loose your friends, live through the hell they do and then you can judge, blame and criticize. For all you know this could be some more of the taliban's propaganda. The only ones that know are the ones that did it and they know why.
Posted by Mufasa (+87) 10 years ago
Taliban propaganda? WTF? U R High.
Posted by Jade S (+147) 10 years ago
My husband is a retired Marine who served overseas and in Iraq. He lost friends, experienced things no other human should and guess what- he never desecrated the body of another person. Ever. Because it is without honor.

Don't let what they might have been through excuse this repulsive act.

They are very lucky my man wasn't their Gunny.

Asshats, indeed.
supporter
Good points, for sure, but remember Mazar-i-Sharif. Study the Taliban. This isn't about religion. Who here supports Ethnic Cleansing?
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 10 years ago
[quote ]Because it is without honor.

Beautifully put, Jade. Thank you.
supporter
But the best point of course, is that OUR dead are worth more than THEIR dead.

It's practically in the bible after all.

Asshats.
Last time I checked Bin-Laden was the Taliban Leader before his demise. It is bleeding heart liberals like you (Bridgier) that keep the military's hands tied.
supporter
I think Grim needs to quit jerking off to Red Dawn and crack a book once in a while.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 10 years ago
Who was the CINC when we killed Osama bin Laden, anyway?

Hmmmmm...I can't seem to remember who it was? Can someone help me out?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 10 years ago
It's a crazy world where you kill somebody, then pee on their corpse and the outrage is about the peeing. Personally, given the choice, I would much rather be peed on than killed. A couple other points:

1) If peeing on someone is a war crime, then several members of my high school gym classes are war criminals.

2) If anyone wants to pee on my corpse after I'm dead, I have to say that I don't understand the impulse, but I don't mind. Knock yourself out.
supporter
I just want to be clear here... I'm not upset by the peeing.

And I'm not entirely upset about the killing (although I think a military, as opposed to a civil reaction was probably the stupidest thing America had done from a foreign policy perspective since initiating an embargo against the Japanese without a concomitant preparation for hostilities, but whatevs) - I'm mostly irritated by people who make "war is hell" comments but followed up with some tough-guy posturing about "won't lose any sleep" or blah blah blah.

Throw in some paste-eating conflation of "al-queada", "taliban", and, just for the hell of it, "iraq", stir with the iron-hard inability to recognize that, if the situations were reversed and someone had interfered with OUR civil war (which, let's be honest, they'd started in the first place) and had sent foreign troops to OUR country, we'd be mighty fightin' pissed as well...

But I'm just a bleeding heart liberal, so what do I know.

Asshats.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 10 years ago
This angers me because our soldiers represent our country in this conflict. What they do, either individually or communally, affects what the rest of the world thinks of us. This directly affects the safety of all our other men and women in the service. This immature "I don't give a rat's ass what someone else thinks" attitude is pure bullpoop. If the tables were turned and some insurgents were filmed pissing on some of our dead soldiers wouldn't that upset you? Levi, if one of the dead was your brother or sister are you sure you wouldn't care?

Asshats, indeed.
Bridgier: It was not tough guy talk. I am tired of people like you making a stink about something as stupid and petty as this. Yes I think it was an ignorant act, but in the scheme of things it is nothing. It is sad that my fellow Americans get mad about this, but don't bat an eye at the soldiers getting killed almost daily.
Just for the record I am not someone that has read too many war novels. I have been to Iraq once, and am headed to Afghanistan soon. But if you have more first hand experience, by all means enlighten me.
supporter
Missed that entire second paragraph, didn't you?
Posted by SZ (+151) 10 years ago
It is them, who fire from the Mosques that they claim are so sacred...who hides behind women and children...who dresses up in burqas and escapes when we let the women and children flee before a firefight...who blows innocents up...who cuts off the heads of foreigners who are trying to make some money for their families...who has a book called the Green Book where it states it is okay to have sex with livestock...yea, a few Marines tinkled on some Muj...so what...they should not of video taped it. Now that was stupid as poop. But really? Calm down American public...I KNOW how much you love to sympathize with people who say Coke a Cola is dirty yet lets shoot heroin. Americans...you are turning into morons. That is all......
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 10 years ago
I would be furious if someone killed my brother or sister. Whether or not they were peed on after they were dead would probably not have a large impact one way or the other.
supporter
Man, can't you get it through your head? If I came into your town and pointed a procreateing gun at you, you'd trip poop. These dudes volunteered, stomped into some fools' back yard, pissed on their bodies, and it's their fault for defending their homes.

There aren't any goat herders threatening your freedom and Tim Tebow IS NOT COOL with this behavior.
a procreating gun...wow

Muslims dont respect the dead of thier enemies. They do worse than pissing on the dead.
I remember seeing pics of dead americans that had been tied to the back of a car and dragged, burned, then hung from a bridge.
The hypocrisy on this issue is absurd.
If you pee on a crucifix your an artist.
If you pee on the flag your exercising your freedom of speech
Pee on a cop car your fighting the man, and part of the 99%

Pee on a terrorist who just tried to kill you while following orders in the line of duty your a criminal?

Makes no sense.
Rep. Allen West (R-FL), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sent The Weekly Standard an email commenting on a recent video depicting what appears to be four U.S. Marines urinating on the corpses of Taliban terrorists. The email reads as follows [emphases added]:

I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.

Rep. West, who served in both Operation Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom, wrote the email in response to how some U.S. politicians and media pundits have reacted to the Marines' video. U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, for example, has strongly condemned the actions depicted in the video.

"Anyone, anyone found to have participated or know about it, having engaged in such conduct, must be held fully accountable," Hillary Clinton said yesterday, calling the incident a "potential war crime."

The four men in the video were members of a sniper team in a unit that lost seven members in action last summer in Afghanistan, according to Newser.
Posted by michael naatjes (+996) 10 years ago
This is easy enough for her to say did her or her husband serve in the service nooooooooo Did her children go to serve nooooooo so unless you have walked in those boots don't condemn remember they are saving you butts so you dont have to be there. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRADE PLACES WITH THEM AND SEE HOW THAT WORKS FOR YOU. I agree that the cameras should be left at home then these things would not be public. poop happens under the stress of war. Remember when you are sitting in your cushy house watching TV and making judgements about what the world thinks of us our military is out there (where they probably don't want to be) serving there country.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1279) 10 years ago
Hey Grimm... before you go ripping on people, you should check your facts.

The Taliban was not run by Bin Laden. He was the leader of Al Qaeda.

The Taliban ruled Afghanistan before removed by the US. While they do support terrorist actions, particularly in Afghanistan as they try to regain power, they were actually a ruling group.

Al Qaeda is made up of terrorists who were influenced (led if you must) by Bin Laden. Al Qaeda works in cells, where they do not take direction from a "leader". They are, however, influenced by a "leader". Since Bin Laden's death, the group is being influenced (led, headed by) Ayman Al Zawahiri, who was Bin Laden's 2nd man. Al Zawahiri was the leader of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, which merged with Al Qaeda at the suggestion of Bin Laden. The request was made when Al Qaeda was at a low point. Bin Laden realized that Al Zawahari's group was "fighting" for the same thing and promoted a merging of the two groups.

If you would like more, I can always supply more, or you can google it.
Posted by Joe Whalen (+619) 10 years ago
You can try and dodge it by scapegoating until you're blue in the face but responsibility for these conflicts and all of their sordid outcomes lands squarely on you and me.

Jeannette Rankin understood that.
supporter
MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRADE PLACES WITH THEM AND SEE HOW THAT WORKS FOR YOU.

Why? They VOLUNTEERED to be there, to put themselves in harm's way, and there IS NO F*CKING EXCUSE for pissing on the dead. If they sh*t down the headless bodies of our soldiers, it would still be NO PROCREATEING EXCUSE to piss on their dead.

And again, NONE OF THOSE MOTHERF*CKERS HAVE THREATENED OUR FREEDOM.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (1/14/2012)]
supporter
+1 Buck
supporter
This is a tough situation to try to understand, the whole Afghanistan, Taliban, Al-Quada, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria....
I think I'v tried pretty hard to figure it out, what's going on, why, etc...
I'm glad I'm not there, not THAT involved.
I hope my friends' kids who are there come back okay physically and mentally.
I'm not even close to figuring out how I would be acting and behaving if I was there. Possibly not real good at all times.
And I don't think it's right to sit here in my comfy home and criticize the actions of those who are there, doing their part to keep us safe. Focking right war is hell. There's no nice way to put it. Or win it.
pro·cre·ate (prkr-t)
v. pro·cre·at·ed, pro·cre·at·ing, pro·cre·ates
v.tr.
1. To beget and conceive (offspring).
2. To produce or create; originate.
v.intr.
To beget and conceive offspring; reproduce.

Buck, learn a new word....
supporter
Lots Of Laughs

Is "fock" okay? I like it. Better than "farging" even. Maybe is isn't spelled right. Fokk. Fokker. Fokkers.
Procreating certainly IS getting old. Time for something new.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 10 years ago
You do know he's not actually typing "procreating", right? Just checking.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 10 years ago
type the old standard PROCREATE YOU and see what happens
supporter
I led SZ to the dictionary, he is mildly less dumb. I have done my good deed for the day. Dumb procreateing pelican.

[This message has been edited by Buck Showalter (1/14/2012)]
supporter
Well at least we know these guys weren't traumatized over gays serving openly in the military; showing their dick for all to see.
I tend to lean more to what Teddy Roosevelt said in this quote, not the procreateing Buck

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
supporter
All that in defense of the indefensible? How high we reach. Let me guess... Abu Graib was merely a little frat hazing gone wrong? Waterboarding is just a little light watersports?

Asshats. Every Procreating One Of You. And if you go to church... then you're a double-asshat who makes jesus cry.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (1/16/2012)]
supporter
Just wait to see how much kerfuffle there will be on Fox when a Taliban captures a Marine, decapitates him, and poops down his throat!
supporter
These are the same pieces of sh*t that think lip service is "defending our soldiers." How about don't send them off into a f*cking war zone? Dipsh*ts.