"Credo" , I believe that...(secular, please)
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3669) 17 years ago
I believe in the seasons, all four of them, the restful blanket of winter, the hope and promise of spring, playful summer, smiling and teasing and autumn's vigorous palet of change.
Posted by Heath H (+649) 17 years ago
I believe in the substantive beauty a single ambitious drop of rain has in common with the most violent summer storm and every wide river rolling home to the sea... each sunrise shares with a decade of dawns.
Posted by Karen Stevenson (+45) 17 years ago
I believe in the energy emanated from spontaneous laughter, heartfelt music,and a genuine hug.
founder
Posted by Joe Whalen (+182) 17 years ago
I believe that the finest meat for grilling is grass-fed lamb, that chops should be sliced no less than two inches thick, and that anything beyond simple sea-salt and fresh-ground pepper ruins the flavor.
Posted by Heath H (+649) 17 years ago
When grilling, how much do you cook the chops? Rare, Medium?
founder
supporter
Posted by Jack McRae (+356) 17 years ago
I believe that Joe has impeccable taste.
founder
supporter
Good to hear you again, Jack.

Credo... I believe in baseball, played in a dusty, summer field with neighborhood friends, no teams, just kids. If you run fast enough and catch a fly ball you get to take the batters place even if you are in right field just enjoying the smell of heat, dragonflys and sweat. It is a victory for all and all for one. The batter gets to walk dejectedly to the field looking as if all knew he was capable of more than flying out. He gets to show off his freshly scraped knee, weeping blood, coagulating with the help of warm dust blowing through the triangular shaped rip in his favorite jeans. As the batter and right fielder exchange cursory congrats "nice catch, butt face" and a lyrical "loser takes the field", a spontainious eruption of laughter ensues.

The game resumes with clench jawed hope that the next batter will strike out. That is the best out of all. The batter that swooshes past three pitches makes the walk to far right field and all of the others get to "move up", eventually facing the holy trinity, his friends, his team mates and opponents, his "up". His time to make his friends wait as he chooses the right bat, (Hey! come onnnn, I gotta be home) knocks the dust of his PF Flyers, (He can't hit it he's got nothin') and takes his best Roger Maris stance.

If he hits, home runs or strikes out, it is of no importance
because this game, his game, played in the sun, with his friends, in the summer, in the dirt with no agents, no lawsuits, no strikes, no parents, no hundred dollar shoes, no umpires, only friends, laughter, smooth wooden bats, favorite gloves and a horsehide orb. It was a game, just a game with no winners no losers and it seemed like it would never end. How could we have let a game such as this end?

I still have my glove. It is worn and cracked with the ravages of time. It sits in the top of my closet waiting to play. Maybe next summer.
Posted by Karen Weeding (+31) 17 years ago
I believe in "exceptionality"--that one old brown boulder forces the river to go around it, that one tiny particle begins the formation of an agate,

that the exception is often more important than the trend, that one idea, one vision, one person, one group can precipitate profound change,

I believe that one word, one look, one nod can heal, can refresh, can embrace,

that one shift in perspective, one rebuilding of an idea can change the course of a life's journey.
founder
supporter
The power of one, no?
Yup!
Posted by Karen Stevenson (+45) 17 years ago
I believe that a total lunar eclipse is SO COOL!
Posted by Ralf MacQ (+13) 17 years ago
I believe in the Falconers Dictionary (circ,1880?),definition of the word "retreat":A tactic used by the French Navy,when faced by a adversary.

Thanks Joe;it worked
founder
supporter
I believe in freshly ground, french roast, coffee brewed in the mornings with just a touch of cream. I recommend this particular ritual to Homus Erectus as a blanket cure for all of the ills visited upon the planet. Adolph Hitler abstained from the dark, steamy, liquid and look at the mess he made of things.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......I wonder if "the shrub" is a coffee drinker. I doubt it.
I believe in ambivalence...well,...maybe not.
founder
supporter
Me to...or do I? I was also going to study up on procrastination but decided to wait for a better time.
founder
supporter
I believe in haiku. I have lost my faith in limerick.
Posted by Jill Rizk (+48) 17 years ago
I believe in dog smiles.
founder
Posted by Robin Gerber (+42) 17 years ago
I believe chocolate is a vegetable.
founder
supporter
Robin, I like your credo. Where do I sign up? I'm thinking chocolate salad with peanut butter shavings, grated almond, tossed in a nice ice cream dressing, served in hand thrown bowls with hand painted, smiling dog faces.
Posted by Bruce Helland (+594) 17 years ago
I believe in clear night skies to remind me of my insignificance, and in the trust of a child to remind me of my importance.
founder
supporter
Credo, I am convinced that computers steal more time than they offer. I believe that Bill Gates created micro-scam towards the same end that drug dealers give you that first taste. Once you are hooked you must have more. I believe that computers are like life, the more you learn the less you know.
Posted by li cran (+29) 17 years ago
I believe in smiles, contagious wrinkle-around-the-eyes know-the-world-will-glimmer smiles, happy-I am-so-may-you-so-be smiles, hello person-in-my world smiles, silent accomplice or noisy and chuckling smiles, the-way-things-are-going-sooner-or-later-will-get-to-the-glad-place smiles.
))
founder
supporter
I believe that all the above mentioned smiles create more of the same.
Posted by Lee Akers (+267) 17 years ago
I believe that man cannot live by bread alone. He needeth also peanut butter, and Apricot-Pineapple preserves.

Lee Akers
founder
supporter
I believe that George Bush may be the biggest threat to human life on the planet. There, I've said it.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16971) 17 years ago
Why you godless terrorist sympathizer. I suppose you are also a card-carrying member of the ACLU?

There is no room in Miles City for dissent to the Republican way of life. ;^)
Posted by sean bolton (+18) 17 years ago
I believe that the Republican party is a political party that reports to corporations. Not a way of life.
founder
supporter
Oddly, I dislike the ACLU only a touch less than I do "the shrub".
Posted by li cran (+29) 17 years ago
Odd how I grew up not even knowing there could be something different from 'the Repubblican way of life'. ...then I went to college, and from there, abroad....
What a wake up!
Posted by Jennifer Barth (+11) 17 years ago
I beleive that even the worst day can be made better by a glimpse of the light just so on the hills, or one of those wrap around sunsets that ignite the whole horizon.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4459) 17 years ago
I believe "the shrub" is some kind of obscure drug reference.
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+93) 17 years ago
I believe that the biggest threat to man-kind are those in our midst who want to remove God from everything and keep it "secular". Hard to have an intelect to craft a "credo" without a Creator. Don't believe me? Try making a corn plant (one of God's coolest creations) out of nothing!

The second biggest threat to man-kind are those who equate Republicans and conservitives as being one and the same (a rampant problem on this website!). The Republicans are in power because they current have nearly the same agenda and ideas as the Democrats of the 1960. Not a lot of polical difference between Bush and JFK.
Posted by salli starkey (+66) 17 years ago
I believe it's strange,

That our children can't read the Bible in school, but they can in prison?

That I have to swear on the Bible in court when the Ten
Commandments cannot be displayed in a federal building?
Posted by Brady Stone (+167) 17 years ago
I believe in the Soul..., the small of a womens back, the hangin curveball, high fiber, good scotch... I believe that there ought to be a Constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter...

Crash Davis-Bull Durham.
Posted by Erin Cole (+16) 17 years ago
I believe that caffiene is one of the most wonderful creations....that a person can't apprecitate Miles City until they have spent a time far away from it...that a shopping spree can cure any foul mood.... and that a hot towel fresh from the dryer feels like heaven.
supporter
You scared me there Brady, the first time I read that I thought you said smell, not small.
I left out the best part... I did not want to give grandma heart failure.
founder
supporter
I believe that zealotism in religion and jingoism are the biggest threat to our society today and I suspect that people don't talk about YOU, in front of YOU, as far as you know.

I believe that what other people think about me is none of my business.

I believe in Shut Up and Participate.
Posted by Cinda C (+81) 17 years ago
I believe in my kid's future and dreams. How they love unconditionally.
I believe in the simple things in life; ice cold lemonade with sliced lemons, fresh popped buttery popcorn (extra butter), a really great book you can't put down, a movie in which you've memorized the lines and watch over and over. Fresh cut grass, the sun coming up at 5:30 am. What a great start to the day!
Posted by salli starkey (+66) 17 years ago
I believe:
You keep on getting what you've been getting,
If you keep on doing what you've been doing.

Sometimes I go around the same mountain several times before I get my attention.
Posted by cheryred1973 (+189) 17 years ago
I believe in being happy, in looking deep into your soul and breathing a sigh of content as you realize that all is right with your world.
supporter
I believe that you just violated your own rule for this thread, Tucker.
I believe in playing baseball for only one team, living in only one country, having only one job and winning the lottery. I believe in slow cooking a rack of ribs for 6 hours.
Posted by cheryred1973 (+189) 17 years ago
I beleive that children are a redemption of a tortured soul
Posted by tracy pask (+81) 17 years ago
I believe that we as a country need to start looking at our children and start going back to the old way of doing things. For example, writting letters instead of emailing them, buying a card instead of emailing them, having to find a phone and spend .50 cents on calling home and telling their parent's where they are, teaching our children to say yes sir and yes mam (or Mr. and Mrs., which I still find myself doing to certain people even as an adult), how to open a door for a lady, to go on dates and not get too serious at a young age, to dress like you want to be taken respectfuly, to actually work for things you want, to teach our kids that as parent's we are always going to be there and not judge them for their mistakes and for their own ideas, and accept them for who they are, because all children are beautiful and can teach us a thing or two as well.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14884) 17 years ago
I believe that most everyting Tracy needed to learn, she learned in the third grade. (Great post, Tracy)
Posted by kyle wolff (+63) 17 years ago
I believe you all believe in everything but
the truth!
Posted by tracy pask (+81) 17 years ago
to Richard Bonine: I believe you are correct and that teacher's really do make a difference...
Posted by Matt Thomas (+6) 17 years ago
I believe in what one of my teachers once said back at CCDHS: "Montana's best export is our children." (Heide Healy; circa 1988 or '89, I can't remember for sure). Kind of sad in a way but so true.
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+93) 17 years ago
God create man in His image and ever since man has been trying to return the favor.

-Mark Twain-
Posted by rosemary (+60) 16 years ago
I believe in walking through the woods after a blanket of fresh snow on a cold frosty day,listening to ,and enjoying how loud the silence is.
Posted by Salli (Scanlan) Starkey (+243) 15 years ago
I believe we need another light hearted thread, Tucker - where are you?
supporter
Posted by Van (+565) 15 years ago
I believe that old post are best forgotten.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6022) 15 years ago
I believe in my son, speaking truth to power, speaking truth to the powerless, and speaking truth to all.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4456) 15 years ago
Your son?

Don't tell me you're feeding him watermelon and lettuce only.
Posted by Kara (+29) 15 years ago
I believe that relationships with people are always more important than issues we may differ on.
Posted by Salli (Scanlan) Starkey (+243) 15 years ago
That's good, I believe that too!
What do you mean by that, Buck?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4456) 15 years ago
Oh - one time these people were pretty convinced that they had birthed the Christ child. In order to keep him pure, he was allowed only water and fruits and vegetables with high water contents.

I'm just inventorying your marbles.
No, nothing like that. I'm just very proud of my son, that's all.