Recognize any of these?
Posted by Warden Karren (+14) 8 years ago
This is a short post to seek some help as well as just an FYI on some ways your resources and Fishing access sites are being used. I know we have all showed up somewhere and seen the messes and cursed who ever was responsible. Let's take a stand and make it stop. If you know anything about these, your help would be appreciated. These photos and incidents are in no way representative of the majority of recreators and sportsman who are ethical and resposible. It only shows the small, irresponsible portions of our community.

On Friday May 7th of this year someone had left what remained of their party at the Kinsey FAS.

On October of this year, these gas cans were scattered througout the Roche Juan FAS. All of them has small holes cut out of the tops.

Around December 7th, 2012 someone wasted their doe deer by backing off the road near 12 miles FAS off Hwy 59 and dumping it. This is common this time of year and follows the same method of opperation: A week or so after the hunt some lazy person decides they don't want their deer and instead of taking it to someone that would really use it: They Waste it! This is a frequent occurance.

On December 1st, I recieved a call from DOT. They had found four wasted geese dumped along Hwy 59 and then a couple days later they found four more. I received the call that they were located off the side of the road on Hwy 59 a few miles north of Miles City. The birds had been shot and dumped....TWICE.

Around Jan 1st, 2012 I found that someone had tried to furnish the Roche Juan FAS with a mattress and speaker. This apparantly in an attempt to match the full sized recliner left a few months ago.

This is just a SMALL taste of the ways others are abusing your resources. Thank you to the 99% of Recreators and Sportsman that take an active role in promoting ethical and moral behavior. Let's help the 1 percenter's become better.

Feel free to call me at 234-0916 if you have any thoughts, questions, complaints, suggestions, or information. You can also email me. All information can remain anonymous.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1721) 8 years ago
Thank-you for posting the wake-up call. It's absolutely sickening.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2594) 8 years ago
In October of this year, these gas cans were scattered througout the Roche Juan FAS. All of them has small holes cut out of the tops.

Shake-n-bake meth?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15024) 8 years ago
Well, in defense of the mattress and speaker dumper pigs, it is a lot easier to dump off a concrete boat ramp than it is to risk getting stuck in the gumbo out at the landfill.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4459) 8 years ago
The gas cans are puzzling.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2578) 8 years ago
The bad thing is as soon as you pick this stuff up and come back a week later it is that way again. My daughter and I go to most of the river trails and accesses on the weekends and always bring trash bags with us, it is amazing the things you find. Warden I do want to point out that along the tongue river in the trails there, who ever is cutting down all the trees to block access to four wheelers and taking the bigger pieces for wood, that is illegal last time I heard to cut firewood in a fishing access. I know a friend and I were sighted for this many a years ago out in Kinsey. The funny thing is down at the river trails their not stopping anyone from riding there, the wheelers just find another way around.
I find it funny the looks I get while picking up garbage along edge-wood. I had a neighbor ask me why I was doing it and all I could come up with was some one has too. Anyways thanks for bringing this up and pointing it out.
Posted by Warden Karren (+14) 8 years ago
Yes. I have noticed the wood cutting along the Tongue River and I have seen people doing it. I don't have any authority over those activities. It is not a fishing access area. But yes, I see how the tracks back there can make quite a mess at times.

I appreciate your taking time to pick up trash. I can't imagine what it would be like if people such as yourselves didn't help out.

As far as easier to to dump something off the ramp than risk getting caught in the gumbo....nobody wants to get stuck...that is miserable. But I have used the dump many many many times and never had issues. If it is muddy that day, wait till the next day. There are alot of things in life that are easier than doing the right thing.

[This message has been edited by Warden Karren (1/6/2012)]
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2578) 8 years ago
Even if you think you cann't afford to take the stuff to the dump, try talking to the people there and tell them you just picked up all the trash lying around a camp site and would like to put it where it belongs. I have done this and it was free.