An absolute waste!
founder
Posted by Chad (+1761) 17 years ago
The picture on the cover of tonight's Miles City Star is appalling. While it looks like the students are having fun, it is an awful waste to use milk for a slip-n-slide lubricant. Chocolate milk at that. I really do not approve of wasting food when there are people all over, in our community, that go hungry each day. Disgusting.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4461) 17 years ago
Dude, you need to lighten up.
Posted by Jay (+279) 17 years ago
Chad----Do you mean that if we quit using chocolate milk as a lubricant that there will be no more hungry children in the world?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3710) 17 years ago
I haven't seen the picture, but waste aside, sliding on chocolate milk sounds kinda gross. Especially on a hot day. Why were the alleged food wasters doing this? Were there a lot of flies following them around?
Posted by Mr. Natural (+64) 17 years ago
Hey don't worry! We we can just give the gross skim milk to the hungry. Yup, that should do it. Happy?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18667) 17 years ago
As sad as I am to post this, I agree with Rick (damn, that's hard to type!)

Lighten up, Francis.
Posted by Ted Stein (+97) 17 years ago
I agree...lighten up and have some fun once in awhile! It's good clean fun...ok, maybe not so clean. It's better than some of the alternatives.

That's definitely much better than going out to the bars, drinking, getting drunk, and then even worse, possibly driving home. So I'd support any activity that's safe for them, as well as the community.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15536) 17 years ago
Maybe they should have used Anchor Steam.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1761) 17 years ago
Blasphemy, Richard!
Posted by deer_slayer (+485) 17 years ago
Ted...what's wrong with getting drunk? Some of my fondest memories of Miles City have been spent at the Montana Bar.
Posted by Ted Stein (+97) 17 years ago
Deer Slayer...hey, there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's done responsibility. Or even an occasional night of letting loose.

I didn't mean anything negative about it.
Posted by Brenda Little (+1) 17 years ago
My name is Andrew Benson. I am a student at Miles Community College, and also the Student Senate President. As you know, the Student Senate put on an activity for the students of the college last Wednesday night. The activity was a Chocolate Slip and Slide. The Miles City Star was present and took some great photos, however we were misquoted on the ingredients of our event. We did not use chocolate milk. We used chocolate syrup mixed with vegatable oil also diluted with water.

I'm sorry if this misquote caused concern for the welfare of Miles Citians. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me back.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4461) 17 years ago
Well then, the most pressing concern would be whether said vegetable oil contained any trans fats.

Also, was there an environmental assessment done on the impact of these activities?
Posted by Mr. Natural (+64) 17 years ago
Vegetable Oil? Did you know there are people that are hungry... hahaha!
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3710) 17 years ago
I'm just glad it wasn't motor oil, cause if waste petroleum the terrorists win!