MilesCity.com Webmaster
Posted by Laura Sevier (+1803) 10 years ago
Would you please remove the post Dog Needs New Home As Soon As Possible because the owners decided to keep the dog, and people are spreading rumors and threatening to call the police. So please remove the post Dog Need New Home As Soon As Possible from milescity.com classified ads Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17809) 10 years ago
OH MY GOD THERE'S RUMORS BEING SPREAD IN MILES CITY.
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+670) 10 years ago
I heard a rumor that a rumor is spreading around. Is this rumor true or is it just a rumor that the rumor is just a rumor?
Posted by Diane Grutkowski (+212) 10 years ago
I heard a rumor that it was true, but then I heard a rumor that that was a rumor.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+443) 10 years ago
REMOVE THE THREAD??????

REMOVE THE THREAD????

Man, this is the kind of stuff I'm hoping for every time I log on here. Don't remove it, instead honor it with a hall of fame or something where the only allowable posts would be those intended to further agitate the parties involved.

Remove the thread. For crying out loud, I read it and thought Christmas came early.

[This message has been edited by Big Dave (12/21/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17809) 10 years ago
bump
Posted by ABE (+417) 10 years ago
Rumor has it that this should be stickied somewhere.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10016) 10 years ago
Laura: Stop e-mailing me (8 times yesterday) and spamming the place up with your repetitive posts (17 in the last three days).

I have more important things to do than run around cleaning up your messes. I already devoted time to something similar, per your request, once before and am not eager to repeat that again. What you are accomplishing is creating a very visible mountain out of a molehill, which in order to fix, will require censoring or deleting swathes of messages, which affects the integrity of the site.

By the time you contacted me asking for me to remove your posts, Google and other sites had already copied, cached and archived them. You can't just put the genie back in the bottle. Think before you post something publicly and we would not have this problem.

Repeatedly harassing me does not raise the priority of your issue. What it does is raise the priority of me fixing the "gag account button", which I broke a couple nights ago updating code on the site.

If this still needs attention after other items on my to do list are resolved, then I will tend to it. Until then, chill out.
admin
founder
Okay, I deleted the 234-**** phone number from where you posted it 6 different places in 2 different threads (!!!), and tossed another into purgatory. That's going to have to be good enough for now.

Leave a classified ad alone and it will quickly fall down the list and go away after 30 days. Have a fit about it and you just bring the issue you are attempting to quell to everyones attention.
Posted by t.anderson (+98) 10 years ago
Wouldn't it have been easier to just delete the entire thread rather than go through and erase phone numbers?
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1811) 10 years ago
t.anderson: Do you want to ruin Christmas for everyone
Posted by t.anderson (+98) 10 years ago
Just sayin'
admin
founder
t.anderson wrote:
Wouldn't it have been easier to just delete the entire thread rather than go through and erase phone numbers?

To delete, no.

To move to purgatory, yes - but then other people who posted replies would want to know why they have messages in purgatory.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15197) 10 years ago
Hmmm... a windows guy sending messages to purgatory. Why that is downright... "mac" cabeeian.
Posted by Laura Sevier (+1803) 10 years ago
Thank you for deleting the person's name and phone number from the post. I will be very careful in what I post and my New Year's Resolution is to mostly just read posts on milescity.com and not make comments. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+257) 10 years ago
Whoa! I am confused. I did not know anything about button purgatory. When I remove the threads, the buttons fall off. Next time, I will look in purgatory. Thanks for the hint.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1811) 10 years ago
Posted by hat_3275 (+73) 10 years ago
OKAAAYYYY!!!!!!!