New way to play cribbage
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1384) 10 years ago
I have checked the internet and apparently this is a new way to play cribbage. Can be played with two or four players. For two players, the dealer deals out 12 cards to each player. The dealer then places the rest of the deck in the middle of the table. The other player cuts the deck and the dealer places the card that is cut, face up on the deck. The two players then try to make crib points with this card and at the same time try to block the other player from getting crib points. If, for example, a 5 is turned up, each player will put face cards against the five, one player is going north to south, the other player is going east and west, ending up with a five card by five card square. Scoring to determine the winner is not the same as regular cribbage, and the winner is not the first out, but counting continues past the finish line to see who goes out the fartherest. I will try to show how a game may end.

J K Q Q 2
4 2 9 3 6
A 3 2 J 9
K 4 A 5 7
8 7 6 5 8

The player going up and down would score 4 pts for the first row, 5 pts for the second, 2 pts for the third row (Q92A6), 10 points for the fourth row, and 8 points for the last row.

The player going across would score 8 points for the first row (JKQQ),
5 points for the second row, 7 points for the third, 2 points for the fourth, and 9 points for the last row. The (2) in the middle was turned up by the dealer. The player going up and down received 29 points and the other player gets 31 points, so would have won that hand.

If played with 2 people, each player is dealt 12 cards. One needs 5 spades, hearts, etc for a score of 5, and not the tradional 4 spades, which equals 4 in the normal cribbage game.
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1384) 10 years ago
After the cards are dealt, you cannot look at your hand, leave them face down and play them one by one. In four hand cribbage each player gets 6 cards and you play with a partner.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4952) 10 years ago
Printed this off for my cribbage playing hubby...thanks...