Internet Service Provider
Posted by CK (+853) 10 years ago
Anyone know of a good internet service provider. We cannot seem to get our internet fixed now matter what we do. It has been ongoing to long. We currently have century link.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2307) 10 years ago
Options around here are Century Link, Mid-Rivers or Wild Blue. In my opinion all are overpriced and crappy. I'm still waiting for a big, and much better company (Like Verizon) to bring service here. But until then, I'm suck on my "10 MBPS Down, 1 MBPS Up" Connection.
*Stuck

Larry, we need editing back. Badly.
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3259) 10 years ago
We like Mid-Rivers and have had great luck with them.
Posted by brittany_95 (+340) 10 years ago
Or Hughes Net which is what living out in the country has given us.

Why doesn't Midrivers just give internet connection to 5-30 or so miles out on the Jordan Highway?? Kinsey has it, and so does Jordan. Continue the circle please!!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10003) 10 years ago
Josh Rath wrote:
*Stuck

Larry, we need editing back. Badly.

Sorry about that. I didn't realize editing was broke. No one told me. Got it fixed.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14985) 10 years ago
Hmm... I saw the edit button missing and assumed that it was made available only to those who had contributed funds to support the site, which I intend to do shortly.
Thanks Larry.

So this is how reliable my Mid-Rivers "10 MBPS Down, 1MBPS Up" connection is. Earlier when I posted, my speed was what it is supposed to be. 10 Down, 1 Up. Now, as I was watching YouTube videos I noticed that a 720P video could not load quick enough to play smoothly. What happened? This:

My Internet speed, which we pay nearly $90 for a month, should not be fluxing this much...
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14985) 10 years ago
While I am thankful that I have internet, they are a little off on the advertised speed. I have "Optimum" cable. Supposed to be 15 down and 2 up. Not even close. They currently upgrading the system with new TV channels which may be affecting the speed. If this doesn't change soon, I am going to Visionary or Collins wireless.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (12/15/2011)]
Posted by CK (+853) 10 years ago
well, I am glad I am not the only one. I am supposed to be getting 7 down but only getting 1.5
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 10 years ago
Here's what 80 bucks a month gets you on WildBlue. And this is high water. Some days it's slower than dialup.

Did I mention the 17 Gig monthly download cap?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17501) 10 years ago
Dang, Levi....are there still roving bands of Sioux and herds of bison along the Mizpah road?
Posted by Steve Allison (+983) 10 years ago
I use MidRivers cable both at home and at work. Both places are Mac machines and it works very well for me.
Posted by Montana Joe (+81) 10 years ago
If Mid-Rivers service is so terrible at 10M x 1M, why haven't you switched over to Qwest already? I keep hoping for LTE to hit us, but that's gonna be forever away being in Montana.

I know my friends on the East Coast brag to me about their FIOS, which is like 30x20, which is easy when you have 100 people per square foot. Can't be that easy/cheap in Montana though.
Posted by j2r (+142) 10 years ago
If Mid-Rivers service is so terrible at 10M x 1M, why haven't you switched over to Qwest already?

Because this is what you get with Qwest. :P

supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4462) 10 years ago
Richard, if you run the speed test Optimum wants you to run, you should see 15 down. It's just showing that it's 15 down from their router to you - bandwidth to the net happens to be a different story. Scammers.