Arthur Christmas on digital
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12085) 10 years ago
I have only seen a few glimpses while working but "Arthur Christmas" looks hysterical and the new digital projector, with its all new optics, throws a lovely, clear picture. They are having fun with the new equipment at the old Montana.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3708) 10 years ago
Can it do 3D?
founder
supporter
No. Aside from almost doubling the cost--which was pretty spendy, as you can imagine--3-D ticket sales have been trending steeply downward for the past year. Profits on 3-D movies are falling sharply enough that there is considerable question among studios whether it is just passing away the way 3-D fad did the first two times. Cost to benefit ratios and all that.

http://www.slate.com/arti...ed_3d.html

So, if you have a theater that is not a huge profit machine, doubling the cost of the equipment for possible a lower return is not such a great idea.

A good film is a good film whether in 2-D or 3-D and stuff popping out of the screen will not make a bad film any better.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3708) 10 years ago
Yeah, I think 3D is silly myself, I was just curious.
Posted by amber m (+31) 10 years ago
Aurther Christmas was a GREAT movie. A must see!!! And the digital screen delivered a crisper cleaner picture.
founder
supporter
It's the old screen, which is why the dark bands appear on top and bottom, but you'll stop noticing that instantly! There are still some technical glitches, as with any fancy schmancy new piece of technology, but be patient. The wait is worth it!