Posted by Chad Collins (+130) 15 years ago
Is it true that someone escaped from CC jail last night or this morning?
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+434) 15 years ago
The grade school called and said we were to pick up kids for noon and after school because Deming decided to check himself out of jail.
Posted by Patty O. (+220) 15 years ago
I heard he beat up one of the guards?? And has broken into houses so lock your doors and pick up your kids from school. Just when my youngsters were feeling safe something like this happens.
I heard he beat up one of the guards?? And has broken into houses so lock your doors and pick up your kids from school. Just when my youngsters were feeling safe something like this happens.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+17062) 15 years ago
Here's the story from the Billings Gazette:

http://www.billingsgazett...escape.txt

And here is a photo of the jailer who let him go:

http://www.gothamist.com/...knotts.jpg

Posted by WILLFISH (+5) 15 years ago
I heard about an hour ago he was spotted down on North 8th Street. I hope they get him caught SOON!!!
supporter
Posted by Terry Hanson (+2166) 15 years ago
I'm not sure that's the jailer who let him go, but he was considered extremely dangerous before he escaped. My rhetorical question has to do with, since he escaped from our jail once before, how he managed to escape again? I understand that after he was tried and aquited on an arson charge for burning down the Airport Inn several years ago, he was convicted of escape and went to prison for same.

[This message has been edited by Terry Hanson (edited 8/31/2006).]
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5095) 15 years ago
Wondering why the schools wouldn't lock down until the escapee is caught?

Pretty sure they'd do it that way most (actually all) places I've lived.

Not trying to criticize MC's administrators, but it's a safety issue.
supporter
Posted by Big Dave (+434) 15 years ago
My understanding is that the schools are locked down. Our kids walk and I heard from both today that I was to be there so that they would release them....I couldn't even meet them at the bike racks I had to meet them at the door of the schools...Highland Park and Lincoln, in our case.
Posted by Casey Strub (+82) 15 years ago
Lets go head hunting!
Posted by lori (+12) 15 years ago
My son is a victim of Demming's attacks. Thank you to the town of Miles City who have been so supportive and also thanks to the Police department for alerting us last night of the escape.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9919) 15 years ago
Hope they recapture him soon / immediately. Be alert and stay safe everyone.
Posted by Slosh (+701) 15 years ago
We heard some rumors going around Highland Park that Deming was captured. THESE ARE UNTRUE. Searchers are still looking for him. So please continue to keep your eyes open. For his sake, I hope he's caught by the police.
founder
Posted by Chad (+1763) 15 years ago
Git the rope!

This is a zero tolerance issue as far as I'm concerned.

[This message has been edited by Chad (edited 8/31/2006).]
Posted by Lisa (+28) 15 years ago
Why haven't we seent out the National Guard guys here MC. They just spent 18 months in Washington and Kansas doing this very thing - taken care of the bad people. They have been trained to do this. It shouldn't take this long to capture one unarmed guy. Tell me, is BLM and Fish, Wildlife and Parks trained for this????
Posted by mom (+71) 15 years ago
Knowing that child molesters are at the bottom of the food chain in correctional facilities the prisoner's life was surely miserable behind bars. However, knowing the temper of the good people of Miles City, and their ability to mete out western justice when they felt it necessary, it surprises me that he felt the urge to depart the protection of the jail.
Posted by Lisa (+28) 15 years ago
Why haven't we seent out the National Guard guys here MC. They just spent 18 months in Washington and Kansas doing this very thing - taken care of the bad people. They have been trained to do this. It shouldn't take this long to capture one unarmed guy. Tell me, is BLM and Fish, Wildlife and Parks trained for this????
My question is if they think he's down by the slough or hiding out down in that area why haven't they done a foot patrol of the area?
I have seen police and sheriff driving all over the area you would think they would get a better view walking. Remember to lock the doors and windows before bed. Stay safe everyone.
Posted by K. D. (+362) 15 years ago
I think Deming season just opened, and there are no regulations as to the ammo or the firearm. He better hope the cops find him first, before some dead-eye citizen does.
Posted by Chad Collins (+130) 15 years ago
Someone offered me this bit of wisdom a few minutes ago...

"shoot, shovel and shut-up"

Kinda like the sound of it.
Posted by liltrojan (+10) 15 years ago
I say let the games begin!!
If he hasnt been caought why aren't the police patroling town like we seen yesterday?? On the way to drop of my kids this morning the parking lot at the police station was full of police cars.
Do they have any new leads or are we in lock down mode for the weekend??
Posted by Girl Scout mom (+107) 15 years ago
I just heard he was caught out on Signal Butte road.
Posted by Slosh (+701) 15 years ago
the biggest piece of [email protected]& in Miles City was caught about 20 minutes ago or so. Word came out that he was caught in a barn out around signal butte near the feed lots. I don't know the whole story, but it's good to know the man is in custody again (even if it would have been fun to catch him ourselves.)
Posted by eeyoor (+49) 15 years ago
I was just wondering if it is actually true that they actually caught him this time. I hope they did
Posted by liltrojan (+10) 15 years ago
I heard over a scanner that he was caught by Jack McDaniels. He was in his barn and he held him at gun point with a loaded 22 until the cops arrived. He is in custody.
THANK GOD!!!!!!! I feel a little safer now and my kids will be happy too! Makes you wonder where he was coming from and heading too?
Posted by Dan (+463) 15 years ago
If you dont already this is another reason why you should support the NRA...
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 15 years ago
Yeah - I want to take him out with an AK-47, not some pansy 6-shooter.
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+434) 15 years ago
I've been gone from MC for awhile, whats his rhap sheet about?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 15 years ago
Two sexual assaults on children - boy and a girl.
Posted by donlarose (+26) 15 years ago
Everyone should give Mr. McDaniels a heartfelt thankyou , for taking
that slimeball into custudy.