Anyone interested in face-to-face book discussions
Posted by SarahY (+13) 10 years ago
Hey-o,

I'm trying to see if anyone knows of, or is interested in participating in, a "book club-ish" sort of thing. I would love to have a deadline for books I'm reading and would love, love some interesting discussions about them...I miss that collegiate atmosphere, frankly. Winter will be long, I fear.

Thoughts or whatever, give me a shout at [email protected] and put "Miles City book something" in the subject line or there ain't no way I'm opening it (or finding it in the junk folder)!

Thanks!
Sarah
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1606) 10 years ago
We could discuss them here as well. I am struggling to grasp the deeper meaning behind my latest read. Although I'm not quite finished, the excitement is building to what promises to be a dramatic contrasting conclusion, unless the author is toying with us to think this way. Ahh, I love the wonder. I catch myself asking aloud "What will it take for him to eat those green eggs and ham?" I wonder....yes, I wonder.

FH
Posted by Beth R. Riggs (+307) 10 years ago
There is one at the Miles City library led by Librarian Jean Nielsen. We are reading Vigilante Moon by Stan Lynde and will discuss on Sat. Nov. 19th. 10:30. You are welcome to pick up the book and join us.
supporter
Posted by Jan Alexander (+112) 10 years ago
Our bookclub meets on the third Wednesday (next meeting Nov. 16) at the hospital dining room. We'd love to have you visit. We pick our own books.
Posted by JAGB (+110) 10 years ago
I would also be interested in this. What type of books do you read ???
Anything with substance, really-literature and mix in a classic periodically. So, I'm open to suggestion as well, as I don't think that I will run out of books to read at any time in the near future (or words for that matter)....

Thanks!
Thanks for all the help, folks, I'm pretty excited to join in! What times do the clubs above meet (I see a few times)?
Posted by Beth R. Riggs (+307) 10 years ago
We usually meet once a month, Saturday at 10:30 AM. Next meeting is January 21st. We are reading "The Scalpel and the Silver Bear, The first navajo woman Surgeon combines western medicine and traditional healing."