Posted by Kacey (+3159) 10 years ago
Gavin Russell Schimetz, 6 1/2 weeks of Minot
September 2, 2011 - October 19, 2011
Gavin Russell Schimetz, beloved infant son of Russell and Kaila (Zimmer) Schimetz passed gently into the arms of Jesus at 61/2 weeks of age in Fargo, ND on October 19, 2011. His stay was short but his impact on the lives he touched will be everlasting.

Gavin was a long awaited answer to his parents' prayers and they anticipated his birth with joyful expectations. Gavin was born prematurely at 28 weeks gestation on September 2, 2011 at Trinity Hospital in Minot, ND weighing in at 2lbs. and was no bigger than a one hundred dollar bill.

During his brief stay on earth Gavin enjoyed visits in the NICU from Mom and Dad, Grandpa Russ, Grandma Marla and Aunt Keisha as well as numerous family members peering through the nursery window. His favorite things were being cuddled by his Mom and Dad and smiling softly in his sleep.
Gavin will always remain his parents' special baby and they will hold him in heaven again one day.

Gavin is survived by his parents Russell and Kaila of Minot, ND, his paternal grandfather Russ W. Schimetz of Williston, ND, his maternal grandparents Marvin and Marla Zimmer of Miles City, MT, his paternal great grandmother Roberta Schimetz as well as numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
Gavin was preceded in death by his paternal grandmother, Vicki Schimetz, his paternal great grandfather Thomas Russell Schimetz, his maternal great grandmother Darline Hoff and maternal great grandfather Raymond Hoff.

Visitation will be held Monday, October 24, 2011 in the chapel of Stevenson and Sons Funeral Home from 1:00pm to 6:00pm with family receiving friends from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Funeral services will be held on Tuesday October 25, 2011 at 10:00am at the Living Way Fellowship Church with Pastor Eldon Toews officiating. Interment will follow in the Custer County Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the family to help cover medical expenses.
Stevenson and Sons Funeral Home of Miles City has been entrusted with arrangements and condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.stevensonandsons.com
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 10 years ago
Gavin,
I never got to meet you but I feel your loss deeply. I know how much all of your family loved you and will always continue to love you and remember you.