Which GOP Candidate Looks Best in Primaries?
Posted by Cheryl Pieters (+476) 11 years ago
Please don't tell me you are voting for this guy.

Rick Perry Event Pastor Predicts Coming "Prison Camps" For Jews

According to Kansas City-based International House of Prayer founder and evangelist Mike Bickle-who played a major role in the August 6th "The Response" prayer event that served as the de facto kickoff event for Rick Perry's presidential bid-in the near future Jews who refuse to convert to Christianity and move to Israel will be pursued by "hunters" sent by God and can expect to be thrown into "prison camps" and "death camps".

http://blogs.alternet.org...-for-jews/
I know a lot of people hate Obama, but when I ask them which GOP candidate they are supporting, there is such a deep silence I can hear the crickets chirping.
Posted by bigsky (+84) 11 years ago
NEWT GINGRICH and BILL CLINTON balanced the budget...maybe bill clinton needs to be speaker of the house...

herman cain is BLACK...maybe we should vote for him...to show janine garaf..aw hell what ever her damn name is...that we aint racist...

rick perry...well if you want obama care to pay for your daughters forced injection of some wart killing serum...well maybe we should vote for him...

and if you want a liberal big government fella...well we could vote for rommell...or romney...

cheryl, since there are no conservatives in the republican party, of course they are speech less...i tell you what...i vote for bridgier..he is as republican as romney...
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2820) 11 years ago
Jesus was a liberal.
How about this guy?

Mitt Romney Endorses Paul Ryan's Plan To Kill Medicare, Wants To Add Cuts To Social Security

In an interview with the Las Vegas Review Journal earlier this week, Romney pandered to conservatives who are obsessed with killing the federal government and allowing sick and poor people to die. Romney offered a plan strikingly similar to the aforementioned Ryan Plan, except in his plan, Romney would add Social Security cuts on top of destroying Medicare and Medicaid. Romney rejects applying the payroll tax to all income, and instead wants to raise the retirement age and "slow down" benefits.

http://www.addictinginfo....-security/

Meanwhile, back at Mitt's "Ranch" :

In times when Republicans are asking all Americans and the country as a whole to tighten their belts and calling for financial austerity, Mitt Romney decides to quadruple the size of his $12 million dollar mansion in California?!

His luxurious townhouse outside Boston and his $10 million lake vacation home in New Hampshire aren't enough?! I guess nothing's too good for the rich, elite Republican ruling class. Now all Mitt Romney has to do is to answer a few questions like, "why are you spending so much money and what are ordinary Americans supposed to do in this time of financial crisis, when it's hard to even put bread on the table?" Maybe he'll respond, "They can't buy bread? Then let them eat cake!"
Posted by Mary B. (+203) 11 years ago
of some wart killing serum

This shows how truly, truly ignorant you are. As if any further proof was necessary. Get informed jerk. If you have a daughter, I hope she is smarter than you.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1907) 11 years ago
This guy looks like the best bet so far:

http://www.theonion.com/a...ate,26410/
supporter
kelly, how would we have ever experienced the davinci code, with tom hanks, had jesus been a liberal? since the movie was based on jesus and mary of magdaline having had a baby, had jesus been liberal he would have backhanded the broad for getting nocked up and taken her to the family planning office and told her not to leave till the weeds were pulled. mean while J.C and the hommies would be rollin down the street smokin endo sippin on gin and juice.

MARY B........you're a sassy one aint ya...

where do i start?? well i will start like this

RICK PERRY MANDATED THAT ALL YOUNG GIRLS IN TEXAS GET AN ANTI HPV SHOT. HPV IS THE HUMAN PAPALOMA VIRUS, AND THE CAUSE OF THROAT CANCER AND CERVICAL CANCER AND ALSO THE CAUSE OF genetil warts...

i do have a daughter, she has had the guardasil shot, but it was her and her mothers decision. NOT THE GOVERNMENTS.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15384) 11 years ago
IF ... you are going to vote republican, the best candidate, IMO, is Gary Johnson. While I don't completely agreed with his economic plan, he is headed in a better direction than any of the other republican candidates. At least he will cut military spending. Somehow, the news networks keep making up the rules so that he isn't allowed in the debates, even though he is polling better than Sanitarium or Huntsman. He left NM in a much better financial condition (million dollar surplus) than when he was first elected. He probably doesn't stand much of a chance, because the definition of "republican" has moved so far to the right of the political spectrum.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/front

This article was written a while back but given a decent overview:

http://www.salon.com/2010...epublican/

The most interesting Republican you've never heard of

Gary Johnson supports abortion rights, gay unions and legalized pot. And he's probably running for president

Gary Johnson, a former governor of New Mexico and a likely candidate for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, is talking about hookers.

"It's never been a consideration that I would enlist the services of a prostitute, myself personally," he says. "But if I were to do that, where would I want to enlist that service? Well, it would probably be in Nevada, where it's legal, because it would be safe."

When's the last time Mitt Romney engaged in a hypothetical like that? But Johnson doesn't even blink. It's not like this is the only topic on which he risks offending the GOP's base. He also favors legalizing pot, supports abortion rights, and opposes the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Oh, and he doesn't go to church. "I don't think you'll ever hear me invoking God in anything I do," he tells me.

It is an incongruous foundation from which to seek the mantle of a party whose last president, George W. Bush, famously claimed that his favorite philosopher is Jesus Christ.

Johnson faces other obstacles, too. Aside from his low name-recognition, he has no discernible power base. After eight years on the job in Santa Fe, he was term-limited out of the governorship at the end of 2002 and stepped back from public life thereafter. Fundraising will be arduous. And his ambitions are the object of outright scorn from the Washington establishment.

"His chances are zero," political analyst Stu Rothenberg says via e-mail. "I'd say that they are less than zero, if there was such a thing. I'd expect his impact to be nonexistent."

That assessment may prove correct, but it's also worth remembering that the same things were said a few years ago about an obscure Texas congressman named Ron Paul. True, Paul didn't come close to winning the 2008 GOP nod, but he did raise tens of millions of dollars, outpoll Rudy Giuliani and have an impact on the party in ways that are still being felt.

Political observers back in Johnson' s home state don't necessarily fancy his chances of becoming the Republican standard-bearer in 2012. But they have been wary of underestimating him ever since he came from nowhere to win the governorship.

"He's got to be viewed as a long shot," says New Mexico pollster Brian Sanderoff. "On the other hand, he makes good arguments, he's an energetic guy, he' s not your typical politician and he' s got his rap down pretty well.

"If ever there was a time for someone like Gary Johnson, it's now."

A 57-year-old fitness fanatic who climbed Mt. Everest in 2003, Johnson chooses the New York Athletic Club on Central Park South as the venue for our interview. Besuited and with reading glasses dangling around his neck, he answers almost every question with a smile and, sometimes, an idiosyncratic, wide-eyed expression. The overall effect is of a courtly, mildly eccentric uncle. This, in itself, makes him seem like a misfit in today's aggressively orthodox - and virulently partisan - GOP.

Ask Johnson what he thinks of Barack Obama, for instance, and rather than the stream of vitriol that might issue semi-automatically from the lips of some party colleagues, he answers: "You can't help but like him."

Obama, he says, "touched" him with his rhetoric during the 2008 campaign, though he adds that the president has proven disappointing and disingenuous since then.

Johnson seems ill at ease with the belligerent icons of modern-day conservatism. What does he think of the idol of the Tea Partiers, Glenn Beck?

"I have not watched Glenn Beck. I don't watch him."

Does he listen to Rush Limbaugh?

"I don't. Not that I haven't [ever]. But I don't tune in to Rush."

He parries inquiries about supposed 2012 GOP front-runners like Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee. A direct question about whether he considers Palin qualified to be president elicits a lukewarm response:

"Who is qualified? Who isn't? I really do believe that people are smart when it comes to rendering that judgment. If she's not, ultimately people won't vote for her. Conversely, if people vote for her, she'll get a chance."

At moments like these, one gets the impression that Johnson is engaged in a delicate balancing act: trying to remain true to himself and his iconoclastic impulses while also seeking to avoid gratuitously offending would-be supporters. A similar dance commences when he is asked what he thinks of the Tea Party movement.

He went to a Tea Party event in South Carolina a couple of weeks ago, he says, and was impressed when one attendee gave him a handout that claimed to identify the movement's top 10 priorities.

"Basically, one through 10, it had to do with the economy and spending and taxes. And I thought, `This is who I am! This is what I care about!'"

Then he adds: "There was a lot of fringe there."

What does he mean by "fringe"?

"My son had a conversation with somebody who was a birther, [who] described `birther' to my son. Well, I didn't have that conversation, but -"

Johnson stops abruptly. A full six seconds of silence ensue. Would he like to complete the thought?

"Well, just to get to hear that . To me, it's just hard to grasp," he says, a little sadly.

On other issues, Johnson doesn't bother to hide his disdain for his party's hard-liners. Take the incendiary new immigration law passed in Arizona, for instance:

"I just don't think it's going to work," he says. "I think it' s going to lead to racial profiling. I don't how you determine one individual from another - is it color of skin? - as to whether one is an American citizen or the other is an illegal immigrant."

Johnson favors an expansive guest worker program and is uncomfortable with the idea of mass deportations. What about the idea of increasing security by means of a border wall?

"I have never been supportive of the wall," he replied. "A 10-foot wall [just] requires an 11-foot ladder."

Up until now, Johnson's main national claim to fame has been his effort, while he was New Mexico's governor, to legalize marijuana. The push failed, but Johnson remains committed to the cause.

"I have always seen this as a gigantic issue, when you consider what we spend on law enforcement and the prisons," he says. "The fact that we are arresting 1.8 million people a year - and to what end? We have had virtually no effect on this in decades of pursuing current policy. I don't know why we can't accept marijuana use similar to alcohol."

All of this raises an obvious question: What is Johnson doing in the Republican Party?

He argues that the GOP is a broader coalition than is commonly portrayed. On the marijuana issue, he contends that there are "as many very conservative Republicans" in favor of legalization as there are "what you might call left-wing Democrats" opposed.

"I haven' t found the Republican Party to be exclusive as much as inclusive," he adds.

Still, he concedes that the libertarian strain of Republicanism he embodies is somewhat marginalized in today's GOP. "On the other hand," he is quick to claim, "the rising wing, the heartbeat, really, of the Republican Party right now is this rising libertarian element - the campaign for liberty."

By this, he means the movement centered around Ron Paul. On foreign policy, Johnson' s views are straight out of Paul' s rhetorical armory. He asserts that "our security is not being threatened" in either Iraq or Afghanistan. In fact, he argues, America' s "actions have actually had a reverse impact on our security. We have made enemies out of tens of millions of individuals that maybe we wouldn' t have made otherwise."

It is the drain on the nation' s finances caused by the two wars that seems to horrify him more than anything else. His fierce fiscal conservatism represents the main - or perhaps only - sliver of common ground Johnson shares with the mainstream of his party.

He laments that the nation is "bankrupt" and adds that the current level of national borrowing is "catastrophic." He blames both parties for this sorry state of affairs.

Johnson' s prescription is plain: "slashing spending," especially with regard to "the Big Four: Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and Defense."

Advocating for this surely represents a hefty political gamble - namely, that people are so worried by the deficit that they will countenance massive cuts in programs from which they themselves benefit.

"Sure," Johnson says. "That' s my hope."

The alternative, he suggests grimly, is for the United States economy to slide to "third world" status. There is, he insists, a real danger of a "fundamental collapse."

As governor of New Mexico, Johnson vetoed some 750 bills, a total that he has said surpasses the aggregate vetoes of all the nation' s other governors during that period. He became known as "Governor No," a label he seems to wear with some pride. Ron Paul is, of course, known in some quarters as "Dr No."

Johnson' s current role is as the honorary chairman of the Our America Initiative, a political advocacy committee that appears to exist solely to propagate his views and boost his profile. But the organization' s place within the dense thicket of election law - it is a 501(c)(4), an even less-regulated version of the better-known 527 type of group - means that Johnson cannot discuss whether he is going to be a candidate for federal office.

"You can make any conjectures you might want," he notes.

Johnson is betting that the country is in the mood for some more tough love, albeit wrapped in flamboyantly libertarian garb. It' s a risky wager at best. But one thing is guaranteed: If Gary Johnson runs for president, he' s sure to freshen up the national conversation. And those debates with Mitt Romney should be fun to watch.
RICK PERRY MANDATED THAT ALL YOUNG GIRLS IN TEXAS GET AN ANTI HPV SHOT. HPV IS THE HUMAN PAPALOMA VIRUS, AND THE CAUSE OF THROAT CANCER AND CERVICAL CANCER AND ALSO THE CAUSE OF genetil warts...

i do have a daughter, she has had the guardasil shot, but it was her and her mothers decision. NOT THE GOVERNMENTS.

I was concerned with how you reduced it to a wart killing serum, completely neglecting to mention the cancer angle, as if it is a totally frivolous precaution. Thank you for putting forth a tiny bit of proper information.

Hooray for the mother and a smart girl. The government already mandates other immunizations. Why the strong opposition to this, over MMR? I know why most claim an opposition....because then "it's a license for sex". What a bunch of crap. HPV is the cause of almost all cases of cervical cancer.

To those who think the immunization is a license...

What about those girls who are raped?

What about those girls who get drunk and make a bad decision?

What about those girls who just make a bad decision and don't use a condom?

What about those girls who just make a bad decision but are smart enough to use a condom, yet it does NOT necessarily protect her against HPV. (Get informed)

What about those girls who do absolutely everything right, wait until marriage, but their husbands did not? These girls can still be given a death sentence, through no fault of their own, because their parents refused them a shot which could have protected their lives.

Parents do not always make the best decisions for their child, based on their own particular hang-ups and baggage. How unfair to the child.
supporter
What about those girls who do absolutely everything right, wait until marriage,

Why or what is the basis for this being "right"? At the root of nearly every conflict throughout history is someone telling someone else the rules for sex. IMO, it is a microcosm of what is wrong with the republican party.
Excellent point. "Right" would have been much more appropriate.

This argument is primarily focused at those who believe, usually because of their religion, that premarital sex is bad, and thus, their children would not be having premarital sex, so the vaccination is unnecessary.

The point being that even if your perfect child did everything right, her life is still at risk if her husband did not. Relying on the perfection of your own child is scary enough, but relying on the perfect behavior of someone else's child, and being willing to stake your daughter's life on it, is downright absurd.
Gary Johnson looks like a good candidate and an upstanding citizen that would make an excellent president. I feel the same way about Ron Paul for the most part. Why the Republican party shuns them and continues to trot out all of these lunatics and puppets of the 1% is beyond me. Well, it's not beyond me-it just confirms my belief that they are rotten to the core.
As to the Gardasil debate, I agree with bigsky that the Government should not force this vaccine upon our children. I think the parents should have the right to determine whether or not to expose their children to the serious side effects associated with this vaccine.

According to Merck, Gardasil was shown to reduce pre-cancers by 12.2% to 16.5% in the general population. So, instead of ending up with 30 to 40 cases of cancer per million, per year, in that age bracket, the HPV vaccine can potentially bring it down to 26 to 35 cases of cervical cancer.

What that means is that you would have to vaccinate one million girls to prevent cervical cancer in 4 to 5 girls.

Further, about 37 percent of women who develop cervical cancer actually die from the disease, so vaccinating ONE MILLION girls would prevent 1 to 2 DEATHS per year, at the bargain-basement price of $360 million per year, plus potentially lifelong suffering for an untold number of women, which has no price tag.

There are more than 100 types of human papillomaviruses (HPVs). Of them, about 40 types of HPV affect your genitals or sex organs, and can cause genital warts, for example. 10-30 strains can lead to cervical cancer. Gardasil protects you from only 2 of those strains of HPV.

As to what risks you are exposing your children to by vaccinating them?

Serious Side Effects, Including Unexplained Death, Common
http://www.parentsplace.c...-gardasil/

Merck only studied the Gardasil vaccine in fewer than 1,200 girls under 16 prior to it being released to the market under the fast-tracked road to licensure. To date, most of the serious side effects, including deaths, that occurred during the pre-licensure clinical trials and post marketing surveillance have been written off as a "coincidence" by Merck researchers and government health officials.

But it is becoming clear that these reactions are more than just coincidence; this vaccine appears to be one of the most dangerous on the market.

In an analysis comparing the vaccine to another for meningitis (Menactra), the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) found that Gardasil was associated with:

At least twice as many emergency room visit reports (5,021)
Four times as many death reports (29)
Seven times as many disabled reports (261)
Three to six times more fainting reports
As of March 2010, there were more than 17,600 reports of adverse reactions regarding the Gardasil vaccine in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

Among them are 59 deaths, 18 of which were among girls under the age of 17.

When previously healthy teenagers die within days of receiving a vaccination, there needs to be a serious investigation performed, at the very least.

If your teen was diagnosed with a side-effect including a serious auto-immune disease after being vaccinated with Gardasil, these lawyers would like to discuss it with you.

http://www.yourlawyer.com...de_effects

Not that you will be able to sue Merck for damages if this becomes a manditory vaccine, because you cannot sue a company that produces the dangerous vaccine if it is part of a National Vaccine Program. You and your health insurance will have to pay for all of the medical costs associated with any resulting disabilities.

PS I am not saying that you shouldn't get the vaccine-I am just saying that you should know the risks of a vaccine that has a limited effectiveness in preventing cancer. At least you are making your own decision and not having it forced upon you by someone who is probably going to profit through some connection with Merck.

[This message has been edited by Cheryl Pieters (10/22/2011)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12389) 11 years ago
I can guarantee any info from a site called "www.LAWYER.com" is NOT going to be unbiased. I am a firm believe in vaccination in any shape and/or form because it beats the heck out of the alternative.

I notice Herman Cain, after realizing his silly plan would raise taxes on 84 percent of Americans, up to 950% (yes, nine hundred and fifty) on the poor, has decided there should be deductions and exceptions. How come he couldn't figure that out before he announced the stupid thing? Because his handlers didn't do their homework.
Rick Perry and HPV vaccine-maker have deep financial ties

Merck and its subsidiaries have also given more than $380,000 to the Republican Governors Association (RGA) since 2006, the year that Perry began to play a prominent role in the Washington-based group, according to data from the Center for Responsive Politics.

http://www.washingtonpost...story.html
Actually none of that information came from the Lawyer's site, but from the parent's link I posted right under the headline and the CDC (Center for Disease Control). If You want to choose your source however, here are 2,840,000 hits on Google regarding the dangers of Gardasil

http://www.google.com/sea...NJ_enUS441
This is not yet a vaccine mandated by the Government. I only posted the Lawyer's link (which discusses the side effects) because once this IS a mandated vaccine, you will have no recourse if your daughter is diagnosed with side effects including paralysis, Bells Palsy, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, seizures or some other auto-immune disease after being vaccinated.
founder
supporter
When you are done panicking, remember that so far there is no proof that this vaccine causes anything besides a sore arm. Vaccines don't cause autism, either.
premarital sex is like drinking and driving...you reduce your risk of getting in an accident the less you do it...it has nothing to do with christianity or republicans.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+18250) 11 years ago
"How come he couldn't figure that out before he announced the stupid thing?"

He was probably still in pizza man mode. "Any pizza, any size, just $9.99!*"

* Plus tax plus $3.99 delivery charge. Offer valid for delivery only. Any delivery charge is not a tip paid to your driver. Please reward your driver for awesomeness.
Herman Cain's deep ties to Koch brothers key to campaign

Cain's economic ideas, support and organization have close ties to two billionaire brothers who bankroll right-leaning causes through their group Americans for Prosperity.

The Associated Press delves into Herman Cain's history with Charles and David Koch, the billionaire brothers who for years have helped to bankroll conservative political organizations and rallies, stiffening the spine of the movement that would become the Tea Party. Turns out they go back a long ways.

Cain, who is steadily rising in Republican primary polls on a call for tax cuts and reduced government, worked with Americans for Prosperity, the political committee founded by the Koch brothers to advocate lower taxes and spending cuts. Cain traveled the country as the group's chief spokesman in 2005 and 2006, the AP says, working alongside Mark Block, the Republican operative who is now Cain's campaign manager.

And a friend from AFP days, Rich Lowrie, inspired Cain's "9-9-9" plan for tax reform: a nine percent corporate tax rate, a nine percent national sales tax, and a nine percent flat income tax rate.

*PUPPET*

http://cleantechnica.com/...ower-grab/

[This message has been edited by Cheryl Pieters (10/22/2011)]
supporter
premarital sex is like drinking and driving...you reduce your risk of getting in an accident the less you do it...it has nothing to do with christianity or republicans.

Not true. Study harder.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4945) 11 years ago
or Which Primates make the best candidate this year??
The HPV vaccine protects against the two types of HPV that cause 75% of cervical cancer cases, 70% of vaginal cancer cases and 50% of vulvar cancer cases.

In the U.S. alone, DEATH tolls in 2011 from these cancer cases are as follows:

4,290 deaths - cervical cancer
780 deaths - vaginal cancer
940 deaths - vulvar cancer

Quite simply, this vaccine is helping a whole lot more than a handful of girls each year.
founder
supporter
You have to remember, this vaccine reminds people that their daughters might some day have sex and that makes people VERY uncomfortable. There is NO hard evidence that the vaccine causes ANY problems beyond it is a very painful shot and you have to have a series of them, but that isn't the real issue.

The real issue is people freak about about their children having sex organs.

Know what?

Your children have sex organs and they will use them some day. To reduce the chance of their sex organs KILLING them, have them vaccinated.

Now, let's move on.

Are any of the Republican candidates NOT disasters? Newt? President Newt, anyone?
amorette you are the absolute wierdest person to post on here.

i am beginning to wonder how your parents viewed your adolescent sexuality..how were you raised?

did you ever think that maybe fathers know what little boys are thinking and mothers know how being treated like a one night stand feels,,,and maybe that governs parents protection of their children concerning sex..maybe it is real life circumstances that lead parents to raise their children the way they do, and not some psychobabble you formulated in your pea brain.

youve been teabagged amorette...enjoy

[This message has been edited by bigsky (10/22/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6167) 11 years ago
I love how a thread about GOP candidates always turns into a thread about sex.
Posted by abbeyb (+33) 11 years ago
I agree with you Wendy. I must have lost my mind for a moment when I thought I would read some intelligent responses on this thread. What was I thinking??? This is MC.com, where idiots and wack jobs have to make a circus act out of anything serious and ruin it! Geesh!
i was having a discussion about manditory vaccines, amorette made it about sexual shame...so interestingly enough, she must be the whack job you are talking about.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 11 years ago

Not true. Study harder.

Not sure where you're going with this Richard but I can't see where that isn't an objectively true statement.
supporter
bigsky said:

Richard said:
Not true. Study harder.

Levi said:
Not sure where you're going with this Richard but I can't see where that isn't an objectively true statement.

I would agree that the first part of his statement is true. If your primary concern is pregnancy because you are not taking protective measures, then abstinence works every time it is tried. But, to say that the attitudes in this country about marriage, divorce, who can have sex with whom, etc. has nothing to do with christianity or republicans is simple not true.

In the interest of civility, I won't go where I would like to go with this topic because there are too many that have "4x2 thinking power" instead of "4x4 thinking power", and they would just get stuck and start slinging mud.

Suffice it to say that with the exception of Gary Johnson and a to lesser degree Newt, all of the other republican candidates signed the Family Leader "pledge".

http://www.scribd.com/doc...der-Pledge

Many of the statements in this document highlight why republican threads on mc.com end up discussing sex.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (10/23/2011)]
founder
supporter
I have come to the conclusions that:

a) Republicans are obsessed with sex

and

b) Republicans do not take statistics classes.
Newt Gringrich has a ton of skeletons in his closet (get ready for more discussions on hypocrisy and sex...remember that it was Newt that lead the cry to Impeach President Clinton over a sex scandal, even though he was basically doing the exact same thing at the time.)

Mr. Family Values is amazingly similar to Bill Clinton - both are pot smoking, draft-dodging adulterers from poor Southern families. Click on the allegation of your choice:

http://www.realchange.org/gingrich.htm

Adultery:
Callista Bisek. Anne Manning. The unnamed "young volunteer". Are we missing anyone?

Draft dodger

Dead-Beat Dad

Family Values? Pressing Wife for Divorce in the Hospital after her cancer surgery.

House Banking Scandal: Newt Bounced 22 Checks

Book Deals: Murdoch's $4.5 Million wasn't the first

GOPAC sleaze: Taxpayer subsidies for his partisan campaign course.

Corporate reward: $2,500/month to Newt's wife

Who Owns Him?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quotes:
"We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'" - Anne Manning (who was also married at the time.)

"We would have won in 1974 if we could have kept him out of the office, screwing her [a young volunteer] on the desk." - Dot Crews, his campaign scheduler at the time

[In the book] "Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them", [I] "found frightening pieces that related to my own life." - Newt.

"I think you can write a psychological profile of me that says I found a way to immerse my insecurities in a cause large enough to justify whatever I wanted it to" - Newt, speaking to Gail Sheehy.

"She isn't young enough or pretty enough to be the President's wife." - Newt, on his first wife.

"If the country today were to move to the left, Newt would sense it before it started happening and lead the way." - Dot Crews, his campaign scheduler throughout the 1970s.

Adultery:
Sex on the Desk - Oral Sex is More Easily Denied

Several newspapers are now reporting that Newt Gingrich is dating and basically living with Callista Bisek, a "willowy blond Congressional aide 23 years his junior." Biske, 33, has been spending nights at Gingrich's apartment near the Capitol and has her own key. In an amazing act of hypocrisy, Gingrich was apparently dating Bisek all during Clinton-Lewinsky adultery scandal, even as he proclaimed family values and bitterly criticized the President for his adultery.

Reporters and other Washington insiders have known about this relationship since 1994, even before Gingrich became Speaker of the House, but did not have any solid proof to report. In 1995, Vanity Fair magazine described Bisek as Gingrich's "frequent breakfast companion." Gingrich was married to Marianne Gingrich during all of that time, and just filed for divorce in August 1999.

Newt is apparently trying to create a new hybrid form, Christian adultery. According to MSNBC, Bisek sings in the National Shrine Choir, and Newt would often wait for her at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, listening to her sing while he read the Bible.

This is hardly the first time Newt has cheated, either. "It was common knowledge that Newt was involved with other women during his [first] marriage to Jackie. Maybe not on the level of John Kennedy. But he had girlfriends -- some serious, some trivial." -- Dot Crews, his campaign scheduler throughout the 70s. One woman, Anne Manning, has come forward and confirmed a relationship with him during the 1976 campaign. "We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'"

Kip Carter, his former campaign treasurer, was walking Newt's daughters back from a football game one day and cut across a driveway where he saw a car. "As I got to the car, I saw Newt in the passenger seat and one of the guys' wives with her head in his lap going up and down. Newt kind of turned and gave me this little-boy smile. Fortunately, Jackie Sue and Kathy were a lot younger and shorter then."

Family Values? Pressing Wife for Divorce in the Hospital:
"He walked out in the spring of 1980.... By September, I went into the hospital for my third surgery. The two girls came to see me, and said, "Daddy is downstairs. Could he come up?" When he got there, he wanted to discuss the terms of the divorce while I was recovering from my surgery." - Jackie, his first wife.
Dead-Beat Dad:
The hospital visit wasn't the end of it, either. Jackie had to take Newt to court to get him to contribute for bills, as utilities were about to be cut off.
Draft Dodger:
Though he relentlessly pushes military spending and talks like a bigtime hawk, Gingrich avoided the Vietnam War through a combination of student and family deferments. (He married one of his teachers at age 19.)

Problems With Women?
Newt pressed his first wife to sign divorce papers while she was still in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. He also graciously said "She isn't young enough or pretty enough to be the President's wife." But his second marriage hasn't been that smooth either. Newt and Marianne have been separated - "frankly", she told the Washington Post in June 1989, "it's been on and off for some time."
Does Newt have some kind of problem with women? He has said that he read a book called "Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them", and "found frightening pieces that related to my own life."

Incidentally, Marianne told Gail Sheehy she doesn't want Newt to run for President. " I told him if I'm not in agreement, fine, it's easy. I just go on the air the next day, and I undermine everything. ... I don't want him to be president and I don't think he should be." Newt's response? Marianne "was just making the point hypothetically" that he would not run unless she agreed he should.

House Banking Scandal: Newt Bounced 22 Checks
Remember the House Banking scandal, where so many congressmen wrote rubber checks on government money? Newt hopes you don't, because he bounced 22 himself, which almost cost him reelection in 1992. His vote for the secret House pay raise, and the chauffeur who drove him around Washington in a Lincoln Town Car, didn't help.

Lucrative and Questionable Book Deals: Murdoch's $4.5 Million wasn't the first

The 1995 Murdoch Deal --- The 1984 Book Deal

The 1995 Murdoch Deal
You probably heard something about Newt's book scandal. He was offered first $2.5 million, then $4.5 million by Harper Collins, a publishing company owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also owns the Fox TV network and newspapers and TV stations around the world. Murdoch has been having problems with a complaint by NBC that Fox is a foreign owned TV network, which is against US law.
In the past, Harper Collins has offered million dollar book contracts to several conservative politicians in countries where Murdoch was having regulatory trouble, including England (Margaret Thatcher, Jeffrey Archer) and China (Deng Xiaoping's daughter). A week after the initial offer, Newt met with Rupert Murdoch - and Murdoch's legislative lobbyist - to discuss politics, including the NBC complaint. As facts about the deal were made public, and even Republicans criticized him, Gingrich decided to give up the $4.5 million advance for a still-lucrative deal based on royalties.

Gingrich's story kept changing through the controversy. First, Newt's spokesman said that Murdoch knew nothing about Gingrich and the book deal. On Friday January 13, Newt's spokesman admitted that Murdoch actually met Newt on a park bench the week before the deal was made, but didn't talk about it. He also said he knew nothing about Murdoch's lobbyist being at their meeting. The next day, he admitted the lobbyist was there, but claimed he didn't say so because no one asked.

Newt also said repeatedly that the book wasn't his idea; that a literary agent named Lynn Chu had sought him out and proposed it. After Ms. Chu said that Gingrich's associate Jeff Eisenach called her first on Newt's behalf, Eisenach and Newt's spokesman admitted that was true.

The 1984 Book Deal
Murdoch's book deal wasn't the first lucrative and controversial book deal Newt engineered. In 1983 he established a limited partnership in Atlanta called COS Limited, which pulled together about two dozen of his biggest campaign contributors to finance his book.
The former administrator of his congressional offices in Georgia, Dolores Adamson, resigned over the deal. "The manuscript was put together in the district office using office equipment," she said. "He would just come in and say 'This is what I want to do.' I would say, 'This is not ethical," but after a while he didn't listen." That office equipment, of course, was paid for by US taxpayers including you.

GOPAC sleaze: Taxpayer subsidies for his partisan campaign course.
Newt in his poltical career was the king of using tax-payer subsidized donations for his personal and political purposes. He stooped so low as to hijack not one but two charities for poor inner city kids and use their donations for his personal goals.
GOPAC, Newt's longtime political action committee, was the centerpiece of a complex network of non-profit, and mostly tax exempt organizations that Newt has used to support himself and other conservative candidates. In an act of incredible hypocrisy, this crusader against taxes obtained taxpayer subsidies for his personal and political goals, by misusuing these tax-exempt groups.

For example, one GOPAC document said that its goal for the 1990s was "to both create and disseminate the doctrine of a majority Republican party." In another GOPAC document, titled "Key Factors in a House GOP Majority," Gingrich wrote "It is more powerful and more effective to develop a reform movement parallel to the official Republican party", instead of using the party structure, because it would get more attention and be more credible. Shortly thereafter, GOPAC paid for a television program promoting a "grassroots" movement to reform government; publicly they claimed it was nonpartisan, but private internal documents made its partisan goals clear.

After it got expensive, Gingrich transferred the program to the "Abraham Lincoln Opportunity Foundation," a tax-exempt group controlled by a GOPAC official named Bo Callaway. It had been set up years earlier to help inner city kids, which is why it was tax exempt. The group spent $260,000 on the television program in 1990. That same year, Newt started another tax-exempt group that paid poor students for reading books. He bragged of this in many a political speech. But after the first two years, most of this foundation's money went to Mel Steely, a former Gingrich aide who is now Newt's official biographer.

The best known effort was a college course (titled "Renewing American Civilization") at a third-rate college that Gingrich nakedly used to recruit and organize conservative candidates, and to feed them his carefully constructed ideology and political slogans.

Of course, using tax-exempt educational or charitable donations for partisan purposes is illegal, and several ethics complaints were filed against Gingrich. He agreed to pay a $300,000 fine for misleading the committee during the investigation, and in the process dodged conviction on the actual charges through a combination of finessing some legal definitions, sheer self-confidence and raw political power (as Speaker of the House at the time of the complaints, he appointed the ethics committee. Furthermore, GOPAC had one ethics committee member on its roster last session, and gave money to another.)

The Ethics Committee dropped its final charges against Gingrich not long before he resigned as speaker, despite finding that Gingrich had in fact violated one rule by repeatedly using a political consultant paid by GOPAC to develop the Republican political agenda, because there was no evidence he was continuing to do so.

The IRS also started an investigation of one group, the Progress and Freedom Foundation, for violating its tax-exempt status by donating to Gingrich's college course. In the investigation, the special counsel found that these activities were "substantially motivated by partisan political goals." The IRS eventually overruled him, and found that the course "was educational and never favored or opposed a candidate for public office.'' It said the foundation ``did not intervene on behalf of candidates of the Republican Party merely by promoting'' themes in the course. This extremely narrow reading of the law basically said "so what if he used the course to recruit, organize and groom candidates; as long as they didn't say 'Vote for Jones', it wasn't partisan." Despite what Gingrich fans argue, this hardly proves his innocence. The IRS has chickened out before in political cases, notably letting the Church of Scientology completely off the hook in its investigation of that group.

Corporate reward: $2,500/month to Newt's wife
According to the Wall Street Journal, a company hired Marianne Gingrich (Newt's wife) for $2,500 a month plus commissions in September 1994 after he announced support for a free trade zone in Israel that they are trying to build. Her "job" for Israel Export Development Co. is to find tenants for the trade zone. Gingrich's spokesman said that since her job did not involve working with the US government, there was no conflict of interest.

Who Owns Him?
Obama's Health Care Plan Was Based on Romney's, Investigation Shows

President Barack Obama based his health care law directly on a similar law passed in Massachusetts when Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was governor, an NBC News investigation released on Tuesday found.

According to White House visitor logs, three health care experts who advised Romney in 2006 met with senior officials in the Obama administration on at least a dozen occasions in 2009, when Obama was developing his health care plan.

When it was passed in 2006, the Massachusetts law was heralded as a historic breakthrough, and it was seen as one of the crowning accomplishments of Romney's term as governor. Romney threw his full support behind the law, and, interestingly, he was the biggest proponent of an individual mandate: the most controversial provision of the national health care law.

The individual mandate requires every citizen to buy health insurance to avoid a tax penalty. Romney's advisers -- the same experts who met with White House officials in 2009 -- were hesitant about that provision. But according to Gruber, the MIT economist, "Governor Romney clearly stated that he believed without an individual mandate, healthy people could just free-ride on the system."

Interestingly, although Romney has maintained adamantly on the campaign trail that he never intended the Massachusetts health care plan to become a model for national policy, the first edition of his book, "No Apology," said of the plan, "We can accomplish the same thing for everyone in the country." He deleted that line in the paperback edition.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, one of Romney's opponents for the Republican presidential nomination, released an attack ad on Monday that highlighted the deletion of that line.

"When it comes to government-mandated health care, there is no difference between Mitt Romney and President Obama," a spokesman for Perry said in a press release.

Gruber argued that, despite Romney's attempts to distance himself, his efforts in Massachusetts contributed in a major way to the passage of the national health care law.

"I think he is the single person most responsible for health care reform in the United States," he told NBC. "I'm not trying to make a political position or a political statement -- I honestly feel that way. If Mitt Romney had not stood up for this reform in Massachusetts ... I don't think it would have happened nationally. So I think he really is the guy with whom it all starts."

http://m.ibtimes.com/obam...28941.html

[This message has been edited by Cheryl Pieters (10/23/2011)]
amorette, odly enough Dr. louann Brizendine believes men think about sex every 52 seconds. She made no distinction between rep or dem...

so to correct you i would have to say that MEN are obsessed with sex...as we should be..

go forth, be fruitful and replenish the earth...God

and so we are...trying anyway...

you women need to get on board though...she believes women only think about sex once a day...

not sure where she gets her STATISTICS but according to her, sexual obsession is a male female issue not a rep dem issue.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9472) 11 years ago
Cheryl, there are two things I can say with confidence:

1) Jesus shouldn't be my wife's gynecologist
2) The Huffington Post shouldn't be my children's immunologist.

There are plenty of legitimate issues to discuss and demand and accounting for without wandering into the fever-swamp of '-erism', no matter what the variety.
supporter
I have to agree with Bridgier...stick with the big stuff...

supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6167) 11 years ago
Cheryl, I appreciate your passion but few folks here have the patience or the attention span to read your uber-posts. A few paragraphs of the pith and a link would be more likely to be read.
supporter
An issue everyone seems to be missing over this HPV vaccine thing is why a supposed libertarian, highly moral, 'don't bug me, guvmint', individual like Perry would mandate it (or even bring it up, for that matter).

The answer has more to do with the fact that Perry is in cahoots with the manufacturer(who would have loved to see this vaccine given out universally across the US for only altruistic reasons and nothing to do with profits).
http://www.kbtx.com/home/...46651.html

Anyone criticizing the vaccine for its usefulness or safety are probably arguing from the left and those arguing that Perry really gave a crap about all of those girls as opposed to doing a favor for rich buddies is probably arguing from the right.

I've also noticed no 'baggers(or anyone else from the right) have mentioned who they like in the primary so far.

[This message has been edited by Bob Netherton II (10/24/2011)]
supporter
I've also noticed no 'baggers(or anyone else from the right) have mentioned who they like in the primary so far.

I am sure that in due time Captain Google and the 101st keyboard squadron will make an appearance.
bob your assumption that someone on the left gives a rats behind for some young ladies safety is hillarius...your government life jacket is gonna choke you one day, sucka........

and youve just been teabagged again...
People Will Look Back At This GOP Field And Say "What Idiots"

Joe Scarborough: "This is lunacy. This is the sort of thing not so many years from now, Richard Haass, people will look back at these candidates and just say, 'what idiots. What total, absolute idiots.'".
http://www.realclearpolit...diots.html
supporter
If getting an idiotic wingnut response to anything I post is being teabagged. I'm all for it. I'm guessing my post, as simple as it is, went right over your pinhead, bigsky.

How about Hermie Cain? He's into numerology. You teabaggers like poop like that don't you, bigsky?
Wendy-very few of the people here click on links. I have seen people launch these huge arguments over a post which makes it clear they didn't click on the link and read the article in the first place. Maybe they have slow, old computers or maybe they have dial up that takes forever to load-I save them the trouble of ignoring the link so they have no excuse to go way off in left field on the discussion.

I think the fact that Merck gave Rick Perry's campaign $380,000 and a short time later he ordered manditory shots to be given to schoolgirls is telling about how he can be bought off by Big Pharm.

"It's very clear that crony capitalism could likely have been the cause" of Perry's decision to issue the vaccine order, Bachmann said Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, alleging that the drug may be "dangerous" for young girls. Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who until now has been generally supportive of Perry in public remarks, joined in the criticism.
bob, you put way too much faith in your government...they lie cheat and steal from you...what was that song...obamas clown? no it was kathys clown...well bob you are obamas clown.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3714) 11 years ago
Wendy-very few of the people here click on links. I have seen people launch these huge arguments over a post which makes it clear they didn't click on the link and read the article in the first place. Maybe they have slow, old computers or maybe they have dial up that takes forever to load-I save them the trouble of ignoring the link so they have no excuse to go way off in left field on the discussion.

I hate to break it to you but they don't read your walls of text either, or I certainly don't. Try making the point in your own words rather than copy pasting huge amounts of other people's that no one will read. If what you say is compelling enough, you might just get us to click your link to learn more.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18269) 11 years ago
Damn....who woulda thunk Aaron listens to the Everly Brothers???

I have a new found respect for you, my knuckledragging friend.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4463) 11 years ago
You're jumping to conclusions. aaron likes the Reba version.
Levi Said: I hate to break it to you but they don't read your walls of text either, or I certainly don't.

Levi, I am not a writer, and have two very young children that need my attention, so the chances of me re-writing those already professionally and well thought out articles for this thread were rather slim in the first place.

....and granted, some people won't click on the links OR read my "walls of text", because they choose to just watch Television and get all of their infomation hand picked and spun by the Mainstream media outlets, rather than read and think for themselves. Those aren't necessarily the people that I am interested in trying to reach, as I have met plenty of people who are more or less brainwashed into thinking they know it all and don't want to be confused with the facts. So don't worry, I didn't really expect you to read anything anyway and am not "disappointed" if YOU don't.

supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
Those aren't necessarily the people that I am interested in trying to reach, as I have met plenty of people who are more or less brainwashed into thinking they know it all and don't want to be confused with the facts. So don't worry, I didn't really expect you to read anything anyway and am not "disappointed" if YOU don't.

Just an observation, but if you believe Levi to be one of "those people", it's fairly clear you have never read anything he has written either.
supporter
Levi is one of the posters on here that is definitely "middle of the road" in most things IMO...He, I believe, is a working rancher, and really doesn't have time to read everything...I understand your passion, Cheryl, but don't start arguing about little piddley stuff when it is the big stuff that counts like wall street and jobs, etc...Not everyone has the energy and strength to read and post stuff they are passionate about...I sure don't have the energy or strength due to my health...What I am trying to say is Levi is one of the good guys on here...just lighten up a tad...Please and thank you...p.s., I enjoy your posts about the occupy wallstreet stuff, and don't like the internal arguments as I refuse (if you have noticed) to argue on here at all as I consider it a waste of effort...thanks Cheryl...
Yeah, I take it back. Levi is very well read and intelligent. He and I don't always see eye to eye but I respect his position and he defends it admirably. I had a kid and a dog jumping on me as I finished typing that and I meant to go back and change it, but then there was a crisis caused by two wild kiddos, a crazy Australian Shepard, a wading pool full of dirty water that somehow spilled all over the place, a new rug and a bunch of mud and I didn't get around to it. However, a lot of people that complain about long posts or having to read stuff aren't the type who would read the articles on the links before arguing anyway, and guess that's what I was trying to get across. I will cut down on the posts because all I was trying to do in the first place was make people aware of what is going on (I think in the long run it is going to pan out to be a big deal-maybe history changing). We'll see.
supporter
I agree about the long run and history making potential...at least I hope so....it is so very important to heal this nation of this strangle hold of the 1%....
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+18269) 11 years ago
I disagree. Levi is a bunghole. He used to post the winners of HIS monthly trivia quiz here, until my sister started kicking Bridgier's (a notorious teabagger) ass the last two months. Thence he went silent.

As long as things are going HIS way, all is well in the world. Well, the rest of us 99% beg to differ.
supporter
In fairness to "Levi" he and his "Carhartt" "Lee" have been busy riding the "Rockies" as "Wranglers". Yup, it's a jean joke.
Herman Cain: Karl Rove Deliberately Trying to `Damage' Me

http://www.theblaze.com/s...amage-me/

Herman Cain is a Motivational Speaker. He has no interest in foreign policy, there is no substance to his words, and he has no real ideas or workable common sense strategies. If the Koch Brothers can get him elected they will use him to break the Unions and tweak Policies to put more money in their pockets like they used Scott Walker in Wisconsin.
Rick Perry On Increasing Income Inequality: 'I Don't Care About That'

Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry says he wants a huge tax break for the rich, and he doesn't care what it means for income inequality
http://www.huffingtonpost...lp00000009

So who are you Republicans voting for again? Still haven't heard anyone backing up any of the actual candidates. Admit it, as much as you hate Obama, you still have to admit they are all a bunch of lunatics. What does it say about the entire party?
supporter
So. Who is it, bigsky?
never bought a reba album in my life number two..

hey cheryl do you think herman cain is taking True Romance a little further since a black man was the owner of GODFATHERS PIZZA?
Rick Perry's speech video goes viral...this man has to be on something. This is a crazy speech. Seems like he was having a breakdown...

http://content.usatoday.c...mpshire-/1
supporter
Umm... let's not give such things more credit than they deserve. A viral video is usually considered a million or more. This has 575,7xx.

http://socialtimes.com/wh...ral_b61409

http://willvideoforfood.c...-be-viral/

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (11/1/2011)]
supporter
Remember when I said aaron listens to Reba? He does and it was funny.
Dr. Joseph Mercola
Yet more information is being released regarding the HPV vaccine. Watch this shocking video as a group of girls recently shared their experiences after receiving the Gardasil vaccine (relevent in that Merck paid Rick Perry's campaign $380,000, after which he made it manditory to get this vaccine in Texas.)

http://articles.mercola.c...-know.aspx
Since your link does not work, I can't tell if this is the same video in question, but if so, here is some information on the subject.

http://www.snopes.com/med...rdasil.asp
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9472) 11 years ago
Mercola's a quack. MOAR SCIENCE, LESS QUACK please.

founder
supporter
Thirty-two girls out of millions died at some time after receiving the vaccine. There is NO indication of a common cause of death (I know the first one who died in the UK turned out to have cancer upon autopsy.)

So, we know that 32 girls died. We don't know if there is ANY connection AT ALL between the vaccine and their death. Those 32 girls may have died from any number of causes but no cause was connected to the vaccine. I bet all of those 32 girls breathed and ate and did stuff and the cause of death could be eating or breathing or doing stuff.

Some kids got sore arms or fainted from fear. Kids get sore arms and faint for any number of shots and tests. I remember kids keeling over when we got tested for TB in grade school BEFORE they got the shot. So, sore arms and fainting means nada when it comes to vaccines. My allergy shots hurt like a sum of a b*tch but I got them anyway because (brace yourself) THEY WERE GOOD FOR ME!

Science, people. It's real. It involves facts. Not rumors. (Vaccines cause autism!) Not panic attacks. (A needle. FAINT!)

Should any solid evidence from a RELIABLE source indicate there is a problem with the vaccine, I would be interested. Remember, however, that a small number of people will always have an adverse reaction to a medical procedure. That doesn't mean the rest of us should not have that option. Heck, the smallpox vaccine could kill you in particularly horrific ways but it was still a better risk to have the vaccination than the disease.

Or should we just say, heck, let thousands of young women die of cancer. They deserve it. Let's not give them an option that might just save their life. Statistically (whooo! Numbers!) they are more likely to die from cervical cancer than have an adverse reaction to the vaccine. If you want to gamble with your life, always play the odds.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1672) 11 years ago
I wish more people understood how VAERS collects and analyzes data. It is very misleading if you just read Internet snippets here and there.
While I was living in Miles City there was a gentleman with no arms who was born that way because his Mom used Thalidomide to cure morning sickness on the advice of her Doctor (it was later withdrawn, but not until approx. 20,000 kids were born with serious birth defects). Merck's own arthritis drug Vioxx was withdrawn after it was linked to approx. 52,000 heart attacks. In both instances there were warnings of the danger years before they were withdrawn, which could have prevented a large number of those tragedies. So consider this your early warning, and I am done with it. India and France have already banned the Gardasil Vaccine after a large number of adverse health effects and some deaths. Anyway, you have the right to do whatever you choose with your own children. My main problem with this is that Merck would be able to donate enough money to a politician that he would try to take away the choice from the parents.
founder
supporter
Now that we're done with that, how about this?

http://www.mail.com/news/...ge-hero1-2

I know some local politicians who think their remarks are amusing but the person being remarked upon sees it very differently.
Scarborough: Conservative Leaders Telling Me They'd 'Rather Lose' Than Elect Romney

Could this be a watershed week in the Republican presidential primary? Joe Scarborough seems to think so.

On today's Morning Joe, he said something remarkable: that in the last week, stalwart conservatives and "conservative leaders" have begun telling him that they would "rather lose" than elect Mitt Romney

http://www.newsbusters.or...z1cbcA1L3a
supporter
Don't most sexual harassment hotline numbers start with a 999 prefix?
Mitt Romney has a vision. Wall Street... UNREGULATED
Main Street... ISOLATED
The Middle Class... DECIMATED
American jobs... RELOCATED
Supreme Court... STACKED

... WAKE UP ....

so what is the difference between mit romney and barak hussein obama
supporter
Nothing
supporter
this is another unbelieveable act by the "ultra born again right wing idiots"

http://www.addictinginfo....cognition/
Maddow on Cain: `It's performance art .America is being punk'd'

http://www.rawstory.com/r...n-pokemon/

Herman Cain is "performance art."

Ticking off a list of Cain's numerous gaffes, unintentionally (or not!) bizarre statements and pop culture-derived policy ideas, Maddow said she's convinced Cain isn't seriously running for President.

"It is one thing to be a gaffe-prone, inexperienced candidate. But the gaffes are too perfect," Maddow said.

"Black walnut, noted for it's `staying power,' doesn't exist anymore. The book chapter on the magic number. The 9-9-9 thing from the video game. The great poet Pokemon. Pokemon? Really? A Pokemon movie? Really?" she said. "A string of supposed gaffes like that is not found in nature. But at this point in the campaign no one has figured out that this is not politics. This is art."

I see all of the 'right' candidates playing the same game for the same goal. I think that the whole Republican slate is 'scripted' to push a specific candidate to the top of the slate, but to make him seem 'moderate' compared to the others.

I honestly dont think they are running against each other, I think they are all on the same team and pretending to be against each other.
maybe they are following obama and bidens lead...i mean heck..obama doesnt even know how many states there are...

and then there is biden...well...need i say more...

lets make sure we arent being brainwashed by msnbc cheryl. you might end up a socialist...
Bigsky-do you even know the definition of Socialism, or do you just think it's something bad because Fox News uses it like some sort of a a curse word? Most of Europe is based on a socialist model, and in my travels there I have found it very well run and the people and workers to be very happy.

SOCIALISM is a wide and varied economic/political structure. But mainly, at its core, it is an economic structure. It is an economic principle that states that the workers in a system get the profits from that system. It is the opposite of capitalism, where one individual, the owner, gets the profits from a system.

Under socialism, workers will work together to produce goods and services. Under most forms of socialism, workers are not paid the same wage, but are paid based on their ability, knowledge, innovation, and hard work. Under socialism, an educated man who works hard and contributes more to an organization will get a higher salary. But at the end of the year, when profits are calculated, every worker will share in the profits.

Here is an example:
AT&T made 12 billion dollars in profits (not revenue, but profits) in 2008. They employed about 300,000 people. Under capitalism, those profits are divided up among the owners and paid out as dividends. The owners do not necessarily work for AT&T, but since they own the company, they get the profits.
If we had a socialist system, the 12 billion in profits would be divided among the 300,000 workers, giving each worker about 40,000 dollars at the end of the year, regardless if they were the CEO or janitor. Don't get me wrong, the CEO would still make a seven figure salary, and the janitor would still get close to minimum wage, but the profits would be equal because all employees contribute to the success of the company. That is socialism.

Furthermore, Socialism is democratic and free market. workers cooperatives would compete freely with other cooperatives to create product, and workers would vote on the strategic direction of their company rather than a dictator/owner having sole discretion on what the company does. (This is a main problem in capitalism because often owners do things that are not in the best interests of the workers or society, like offshore jobs or pollute the community)

What is so wrong with that?
Two Candidates and Seven Clowns: How Did This Happen to the GOP?

http://www.tnr.com/articl...candidates

Republicans would be forgiven for feeling envious of primary seasons past. This year, there are a collection of vanity candidates, people who appear to be auditioning for a show on Fox News, and a few who are seriously out of step with their party's ideology.

Why is this year's Republican presidential field so, well, weird? While each election year field is subject to its own particular constraints and quirks of history, today's wacky Republican field is also the undeniable product of two long-brewing trends within the party. First, GOP elites have become ruthlessly efficient at winnowing the field of serious contenders. At the same time, however, the growth of the market for conservative books, television shows, and speaking engagements has made a presidential run a good brand-builder for those not seriously seeking to be president but eager to exploit that market
I think if Fox News was bandying around terms that were truly detrimental to the American Public, they would be throwing around the word "Fascist", but since they are in the pocket of the people who wish to become such people, I guess they don't want to use that term and align themselves with Hitler and Mussolini types.

FASCISM is a extreme right wing form of capitalism. It is the marriage of the privately held corporation and the government. Fascism occurs when the corporate elite, plutocrats, and/or oligarchs of a society directly (or indirectly in some cases) control the government and policies. When corporations write the laws, and affect laws in their favor instead of for the people, then you are headed or are in a fascist state. For example, in Nazi Germany or Italy, the government basically gave the rich corporate owners the ability to operate freely and openly and wrote laws in their favor often against the best interests of the people. In Italy specifically, corporate owners held positions of power in government and literally wrote laws in their favor.

In the USA, many of the corporate lobbyists that influence our politicians (mainly the GOP) write our laws. They work hard to eliminate regulations that protect the people, and also try to write laws in their favor. This is dangerously close to fascism, when rich owners (plutocrats) are the ones with the real power in our government.

I think if you were really trying to call people names, "socialist" doesn't have quite the evil ring to it that "Fascist" does.
I think that throwing around the word "socialist" as if it were a terrible insult points to a certain lack of education and understanding of what the word actually means, and also points to a certain amount of "brainwashing" by other uneducated people who also have no idea what it means or what they are talking about (maybe Faux News pundits, all who have flunked out of college). FYI, it's a stupid insult to throw out to any college graduate.
supporter
"Posting" thirty times with no response is also "crazy" but I don't hear too many "complaints"