First Aid for Family Pets offered at MCC
Posted by Beth Oswald (+277) 10 years ago
First Aid for Your Family Pet
Instructor: Dr. Catherine Young, DVM
Date: Wednesday, October 12th, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Cost: $15

The class will cover Pet First Aid Procedures, Emergency Kit Supplies and Travel and Disaster Planning. Pet First Aid Procedures will be discussed for poisoning, seizures, broken bones, bleeding, burns, shock, heatstroke, choking, other urgent medical problems, and how to safely handle an injured pet. Emergency Kit Supplies will cover supplies you should have on hand for pet first aid (including a guide to keep in your emergency kit). Travel and Disaster Planning will cover ways to help your pet while traveling and ways to plan for natural disasters, or unexpected catastrophes (such as a house fire) and how to take care of your animals.

Please call Beth Oswald at 874-6164 to pre-register.
Posted by snickers (+825) 10 years ago
Sign me up. Can I register here in case I space out Can I please post this on my facebook Oooops sorry to late I already did

[This message has been edited by snickers (10/7/2011)]
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1807) 10 years ago
Watchu talkin' 'bout, Snickers I've been waiting for YOU to write a book on the subject ~ if there's an animal emergency you haven't been faced with..I can't imagine what it could be!

Seriously now, this is a great idea! Hope many people will take advantage of it.
LOL Thanks Karla but I have never actually had training I am sure there are things that I have missed and things that are not in my kit Today I am dealing with an Osprey which is a new one on me
I did call and leave a message to register me and a friend.
I am wondering if it is suitable to kids because I know a few that want to come
I posted ths as my staus on Facebook and I am going to repost it

[This message has been edited by snickers (10/8/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15076) 10 years ago
I've lost a lot of sleep over the past few nights as my neighbor's dog has been barking, howling and whining way into the late hours. I finally confronted him about his mutt's unusual behavior and he said has developed a medical condition and there isn't much that can be done about it. Seems he's become quite edgy and easily agitated.

I think they call it "Irritable Bow-Wowl Syndrome."

Yup, I need help.
bump
Allison--yes kids can attend as long as they behave. I will get you and your friend registered.
Thanks Beth. I did text Dr Young today and she told me kids could attend. These are kids that are interested in becoming a vet or Vet tech.

[This message has been edited by snickers (10/9/2011)]
Beth do I need to bring over the registration fee early Or just pay when we get there?
You can pay that night. Thanks Allison
Thanks Bunches see you tomorrow night.
see you tonight
it is tonight