supporter
Posted by howdy (+4944) 10 years ago
He was only 56...very sad...but what a legacy he left...
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 10 years ago
There aren't enough words to adequately express my thoughts about the passing of Mr. Jobs. He is a model for all of us to follow. It is a very sad day.

I found this quote which is very meaningful to me right now:

?"Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs

May you rest In peace.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1607) 10 years ago
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me . Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful. that's what matters to me." [Steve Jobs- The Wall Street Journal, May 25, 1993]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11757) 10 years ago
He lead a short but amazing life. Electronics everywhere mourn.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+9919) 10 years ago
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. . ."

I-Tomb?
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2044) 10 years ago
This is interesting article. Here in Nodak we have had to deal with these wacko's as they tried to picket funerals of military killed in Irag and Afghanistan. The Patriot Guard blocked them with flags and the roar of their harleys. I believe in freedom of speech but let the families bury their dead. This however is hilarious that she used an iphone.

Steve Jobs' death has garnered a number of reactions, but none as bizarre as this.

Westboro Baptist Church leader Margie J. Phelps has announced that the group will picket the Apple co-founder's funeral, condemning him for "teaching his neighbors to sin." While their actual reasons for promoting the picket seem a bit unclear, how Phelps made the announcement is causing quite a stir (and garnering a few laughs).

She tweeted from an iPhone.

The tweet that has critics pointing out the irony says little more than "He is in hell." The controversial church seems to be sticking by their words, however, ignoring criticism of the method used to get out their message.

The first shocking tweet is below.

After a number of groups pointed out the irony, Phelps continued to tweet, typing, "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell.God created iPhone for that purpose!"

The church, which has become famous for its unofficial "God Hates Fags" slogan, has been at the center of many controversial pickets in recent years, including sending congregation members to protest at the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards. The church also picketed the funerals of those killed in the Arizona shootings, an act many found particularly distasteful.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14950) 10 years ago
This is well worth the 15 minutes it will take you to watch it.

admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10001) 10 years ago
Thank you for posting that Richard. I can associate with his speech because I also dropped out. And I also took calligraphy. My first real job was in typography with the team responsible for TrueType at Microsoft. Steve Jobs was one of those characters, a true visionary. You have to go back to the early computer years to completely understand my sentiment, but he was indeed. I shed a tear when I heard he passed. I didn't know him, but he was one of a kind. It is sad he died so young.