Posted by tax payer (+351) 10 years ago
Here's an opinion piece by Chuck Green who writes "Greener Pastures" for North Metro Newspapers.

Mr. Green is a lifelong Democrat, so this is a rather stunning piece.

Obama is victim of Bush's failed promises!

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first term in office:
Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever. Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever!

Wow! Talk about change. Just two years ago, fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation's most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America's first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions.

To his devout followers, it is now inconceivable that, two years later, his administration could be gripped in crisis - and not just crisis, but self-imposed crisis.

Of course, they don't see it as self-imposed. It's all George Bush's fault! George Bush, who doesn't have a vote in congress, and who no longer occupies The White House, is to blame for it all.

He broke Obama's promise to put all bills on the White House web site for five days before signing them.

He broke Obama's promise to have the congressional health care negotiations broadcast live on C-SPAN.

He broke Obama's promise to end earmarks.

He broke Obama's promise to keep unemployment from rising above eight percent.

He broke Obama's promise to close the detention center at Guantanamo in the first year.

He broke Obama's promise to make peace with direct, no pre-condition talks with America 's most hate-filled enemies during his first year in office, ushering in a new era of global cooperation.

He broke Obama's promise to end the hiring of former lobbyists into high White House jobs.

He broke Obama's promise to end no-compete contracts with the government.

He broke Obama's promise to disclose the names of all attendees at closed White House meetings.

He broke Obama's promise for a new era of bipartisan cooperation in all matters.

He broke Obama's promise to have chosen a home church in which to attend Sunday services with his family by Easter of last year.

Yes, it's all George Bush's fault! President Obama is nothing more than a puppet in the never-ending failed Bush administration. If George Bush wasn't still in charge, all of President Obama's problems would be solved.

His promises would have been kept, the economy would be back on track, Iran would have stopped its work on developing a nuclear bomb and would be negotiating a peace treaty with Israel, North Korea would have ended its tyrannical regime, and integrity would have been restored to the federal government.

Oh, what it would be like, if the Democrats, under the leadership of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, didn't have the heavy yoke of George Bush around their necks?

There would be no ear marks, no closed-door drafting of bills, no increase in deficit spending, no special-interest influence (unions), no vote buying ( Nebraska, Louisiana ).

If only George Bush wasn't still in charge, we'd have real change by now.

All the broken promises, all the failed legislation and delay (health care reform, immigration reform) is not President Obama's fault or the fault of the Democrat-controlled Congress. It's all George Bush's fault!

Need more proof?

You might recall that when Scott Brown won the election to the U.S. Senate from Massachusetts , capturing "The Ted Kennedy Seat", President Obama said that Brown's victory was the result of the same voter anger that propelled Obama into office in 2008. People were still angry about George Bush and the policies of the past 10 years - and they wanted change. Yes, according to the president, the voter rebellion in Massachusetts, was George Bush's fault. Therefore, in retaliation, they elected a Republican to the Ted Kennedy seat, ending a half-century of domination by Democrats. It is all George Bush's fault!

Will the failed administration of George Bush ever end, and the time for hope and change ever arrive?

Will Barack Hussein Obama ever accept responsibility for something / anything?
(Chuck Green is a veteran Colorado journalist, and former editor-in-chief of The Denver Post
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 10 years ago
Most self-serving speeches ever.

Well this is certainly an objective criteria. What institute/group is in charge of monitoring this category? I've apparently missed their work.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 10 years ago
Just imagine how bad things would be if President Obama didn't have such a cooperative and altruistic Congress to work with.

Oh, wait ...

I'm not going to say that President Obama has been perfect. He hasn't been. There are several things that I wish he would handle differently. But to say that the problems in this country are his fault alone and to absolve his predecessor of any blame in creating/exacerbating said problems is utterly asinine - ESPECIALLY when all we heard for the eight years of the Bush regime was, "Clinton this," and "Clinton that," sprinkled with the occasional "Carter did," and "Carter didn't."

You people and your pathetic memory spans.

Among the myriad things you've forgotten is the fact we didn't have the choice between perfect candidates in 2008. We had to choose between an old man and his vapid twit who would have us going to war with Iran and North Korea and expanding the policies of their reckless and incompetent predecessor, and a man who at least seemed to give a rat's ass about more than himself and his cronies.

The fact that Obama has had weak allies and indolent adversaries hellbent on screwing everyone and their mothers in order to say they opposed him hasn't helped one whit.

These people you support don't care about you, Name Oh-So-Courageously Withheld. But they use the easily-frightened and readily-controlled because it keeps them in power. You are fodder, laughed at by supposed friend and perceived foe alike.

You are what is wrong with this country. Too bad for everyone that you're too damned stupid to realize it.
Posted by Michael A. Preller (+71) 10 years ago
Wow,

How could this be allowed on mc.com? To bring up any faults of ther Messiah is, well, it's just not something I would expect.

A good leader takes responsibility for the actions on His watch (at least thats how it was in the US Navy) but then again this is just the current Commander - in - Chief so how could He take any responsibility? Methinks it's because He is anything but a leader.

He falls into the category of "The Great Pretender". He is a clone of Jimmy "Yellowback" Carter, and will go down as one of if not the worst President ever. 2012 can't come soon enough!
Thank you for helping reinforce my point, Troll Mr. Preller.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (10/1/2011)]
Posted by Duncan Bonine (+283) 10 years ago
You are what is wrong with this country. Too bad for everyone that you're too damned stupid to realize it.

pot... kettle... repeat...

accountability starts with the mirror.
:facepalm:

"Accountability" being something invented in 2008, correct?
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+3267) 10 years ago
Some folks believe that Chuck Green of the Denver Post may have been more of a Democrat when he was a youth. Here are some other things that he has written if you enjoy his articles:

- Palin was more qualified than Obama
- Joe the Plumber might be the "man Americans need right now"
- Obamanomics is a disaster
- Mitt Romney would be a president with "strong family values" who "can make change"
- Bush's proposed immigration bill was "an amnesty bill, through and through" - not conservative enough for Chuck
- Denver is a "sanctuary city" for illegal aliens
- Global warming is "a variety of scientific theories based on incomplete and short-term findings, picked over by amateurs with political agendas"
- The economic recovery legislation included funding "to save an endangered mouse in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's home district"
- Gore is an "energy hypocrite" and an "energy hog"
- The economic recovery bill included funds earmarked for ACORN
- Obama's record "shows a complete inability and disinterest in bipartisan cooperation"
- Hillary Clinton used an affected Southern drawl in a speech
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 10 years ago
well, he certainly isn't a liberal in later years, that's for sure according to those last quotes...WOW...
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 10 years ago
Yawn.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 10 years ago
I wish taxpayer would use italics or quotes to separate the article from his own writings.
That would confuse him, Wendy. If you want to be mean, just put him in a cage and poke him with a stick.
ha ha Don't kill the messenger if you disagree with the post. Wendy you are a bit ocd, enjoy life.
Brian, what did he get done with the above list, while he had a congress that was left in his first two years?
Getting things done right takes longer than two years, sir. Even under the best of circumstances (which, clearly, these have not been), fixing old problems and addressing new ones requires time and, more importantly, a willingness to work together.

But if President Obama should be replaced by one of the grossly incompetent nutjobs GOP candidates next year, I have no doubt everything will be hunky-dory A-OK within a month. Yup. And if not, clearly everything will have been President Obama's fault (as it was Clinton's and Carter's before him).

Unless the Michelle Bachmann's Chinese laser beams don't vaporize us first.
Brian..many of his promises could have been done the first week and we are still waiting. I agree others take longer, but he hasn't even tried to change most of the things. His own budget bill never got one vote, so that shows he has no idea of how to run things if his own party will not even vote for it. I disagreed on many things of what the late Bush did, but Obama voters won't even admitt he is not perfect. You are one of the few that admitt he is not perfect. No matter what party you belong to you have to take the leadership role at some time.
supporter
Posted by Denise Selk (+1665) 10 years ago
but Obama voters won't even admitt he is not perfect. You are one of the few that admitt he is not perfect.

I've yet to meet a voter who believed President Obama to be perfect. I've seen it stated here many, many times. In fact, I've yet to meet a person who truly believes any other human being is perfect. Human beings are not, and cannot be, "perfect".

That is quite the generalization.
Posted by Jan Cornutt (+270) 10 years ago
In my opinion, (which isn't much on this site since Iv'e been called an idiot, moron, a procreating idiot amongst numerous other names), If wer'e to have another democrat president in 2012 the dems need to find someone to run against O'bama, otherwise we will probably have a republican president whoever it is. I'm not saying everything is O'bama's fault, I'm just saying he has not shown the leadership necessary to be president.......korkyII
Wendy... admit not admitt
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 10 years ago
Wendy you are a bit ocd, enjoy life.

Don't worry, taxpayer. I do. It's just that I've been sucked in before by folks who are posting an article and I didn't realize it until they cite the author's name at the end. It's annoying.
Korky - If you articulate your thoughts like a moron, don't be surprised when you're called a moron. Quit martyring yourself.

On a somewhat-related note:

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (10/2/2011)]
Brian, you can bash who you want and call names all you want, but in the end you are still not going to be any better off than you are now. I am not going to lower myself to all the name calling, although some times I do get a good laugh out of all the jibberish nonsense that appears on here.....korkyII
I'd bet you also blame the table leg when you stub your toe.

If you don't like being called certain names, earn a better name. I'll never hesitate to call a spade a spade and an asshat an asshat.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (10/2/2011)]
People who have to resort to name calling really have nothing to contribute to society and are in fact a liability to society. Just because My opinion Differs from Yours and you have nothing to base your opinion on you have to start name calling. Bush is to blame but your O'bama is to blame for tripling it......korkyII
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 10 years ago
Korky doesn't understand the difference between facts and opinions.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2745) 10 years ago
Jan:

It is Obama, not O'bama. You have just proven you watch too much FAUX News.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 10 years ago
Can anyone point me to the time when a Republican President controlled both the House and 60 votes in the Senate? Has that ever happened?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 10 years ago
No. Americans are that stupid.
supporter
Posted by Rick Kuchynka (+4458) 10 years ago
I just keep wondering. Everyone keeps saying how Bush destroyed the country with Democrats controlling part or all of Congress for half his time in office, and his never having 60 votes to overcome the filibuster.

Now suddenly the excuse is that nobody can do anything unless they have 99 votes in the Senate.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 10 years ago
Oops, I meant No. Americans aren't that stupid.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 10 years ago
Oh Rick, some day your head is gonna plop out your ass and you're going to realize how useless your stream of "They did it first" BS really is. I hope it embarrasses the hell out of you.