McLains and Meidingers
Posted by Sean McLain (+10) 9 years ago
I'm a nubie to genealogy, but am starting here! Any help would be greatly appreciated. My name is Sean McLain, born in town in 1965 to Robert Earl McLain of Miles City and Dorothy Marie Meidinger of North Dakota then Kinsey. My grandfather was Robert Kenneth McLain married to Irene Lee of Circle (they lived on South Lake - loved that old house!). On the maternal side, Emmanuel Meidinger married to Emelia Nagel both of Hebron North Dakota. Nancy Branum of MC is my aunt, along with Cookie Linsted of Livingston, the late Betty Sindelar and Janice Place of Idaho...Carlie Meidinger of Wyoming being my Uncle. Anyone have anything to add...even some memories of any of these folks would be a treasure.
Posted by Kacey (+3157) 9 years ago
Sean,
I grew up next door to your mom and dad on South Lake. They were such wonderful people!
Mac and Irene? And their sons Bob an John? I spent a lot of summers there and loved that old house...still think about it at least every week. Where did you live?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+15318) 9 years ago
My grandparents, Ed and Blanche Trzcinski, lived two houses down from the McLains at 505 S. Lake. I'm told that Ed and Blanche were good friends with Mac and Irene and that your grandparents were terrific people.

I have a very vague recollection of Mac, possibly my folks taking some food to him or in some way offering assistance to him in his later years. That was 30-some years ago and I was just a kid so my memory is vague.

Mike Sindelar was a good friend of my older brother's when growing up and a friend of mine too (though I was the pesky little brother). Betty and George Sindelar were great people, fun to visit with, and I still can't fathom that they are no longer living. They both died much too young.

Here's a 2008 photo of the house my grandparent's lived in on S. Lake Ave.:

FLICKR PHOTO: 505 S. Lake Ave, Miles City, Montana
Posted by Kacey (+3157) 9 years ago
sorry..I meant to say your grandparents! Yes. They were wonderful people. I was blessed with them on one side and Trzcinskis on the other!
I remember your brother Donny! He used to drive me and Mike around in his Dodge Dart (?) on the weekends listening to Zepplin and drinking beer! Ha! I don't think I ever ran into you though. Wasn't there a third in the Donny - Mike-trio...tall blond guy? Im totally off my topic here but the memories are great.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+14865) 9 years ago
I happened to know Donny (I like that) Schott, and he never listened to Zeppelin. Too far below his sophisticated tastes.

He was much more of a Donald Fagen The NightFly kind of guy.
founder
Wasn't there a third in the Donny - Mike-trio...tall blond guy?

Probably John Leitholt.

Gunnar, I guess that's why Chuck gave his complete Zeppelin collection (vinyl) to me and not Donnie.
That's him! "Johnny Blade?" The Led was Mike's and yes Donny complained (LOL!).
founder
Yes, Johnny Blade.

So much for family history. Thanks for the memory jog though...good times.