Online Sports News
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17732) 10 years ago
Reading the Yahoo Sports/Tebow thread, has got me thinking that there's a few of us out there following sports on the web. What's everyone's favorite sites?

I myself like CBS Sports, Pro Football Talk at MSNBC, and (of course) philly.com.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 10 years ago
I check ESPN.com most every day. I also read the Denver Post Rockies and Broncos sections. I use an app on my smartphone called SportsTap that gives up to the minute scores and standings for everything. When I want to find out about the CCDHS Cowboys I track down Bobby K.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5101) 10 years ago
Aside from those that nearly all sports fans follow:

--- deadspin.com
--- Kissing Suzy Kolber
--- awfulannouncing.com
--- I hate to admit this, but grantland.com

I'll refrain from listing any gambling-related sites...though covers.com is pretty good.

[This message has been edited by Bob L. (8/24/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4455) 10 years ago
Posted by Larry Brence (+138) 10 years ago
SI.com

Only interested in the NFL and I really like Peter King.

Oh and Gregg Easterbrook on ESPN.com page 2.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6115) 10 years ago
SI.com. ESPN.com (including Grantland). For state stories, the Gazette, Missoulian, and Montana Standard (although their new paywalls piss me off). And the Star, whenever it's updated.

Regarding the Star, I do have to say that I'm more willing to put up with the slow updates than I am to look at the original version, which looks more or less the same as it did 20 years ago.

Oh, and jsonline.com for the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's coverage of the Packers and boston.com for the Globe's coverage of the Sox.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (8/24/2011)]
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1402) 10 years ago
Posted by dmbohlman (+18) 10 years ago
Bob L, why do you hate to admit Grantland.com. That is a great site. I frequent espn.com, yahoo.com/sports, msn.com/sports,and grantland.com for sports. I also really enjoy anything on espn.com written by Matthew Berry. That guy is funny stuff.

Stuff not regarding sports www.textsfromlastnight.com, www.damnyouautocorrect.com, fmylife.com

Those last 3 are so funny, and completely inappropriate.