Computers are History
Posted by Eric Brandt (+850) 15 years ago
Its true.

It has come to my attention that our Historic Preservation Office is in desperate need of at least one good computer.

I have no computers to donate, since I'm broker than she is, but we had such a good turnout for the web-cam and such that I was wondering if we could raise a little money for Amorette to have a good computer. The computers I can get her I would give away at cost for my contribution, and I will install it for her. Bytespeed provides a 5-year warranty on them. They are good computers and would last her a long time.

OR, if someone has a GOOD computer that could be donated or would give up at a good price, I would clean it up for her.

No one should have to become history trying to preserve it. Let's come together so she doesn't have to fight her job every day, shall we?

Maybe we could make the donation on behalf of MilesCity.Com?

Your thoughts?
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 15 years ago
Does she need a Windows machine or a Mac? I am guessing she would prefer a Mac.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6113) 15 years ago
Eric wanted to get Amorette a GOOD computer, Richard. Unless she's planning on modern sculpture along the lines of Carhenge (but with useless electronic equipment instead) I doubt she'd have need of a Mac.
Posted by Carlos E. Davila (+51) 15 years ago
Eric:

Put me down for $100. To whom should I mail the check?

Carlos
Posted by Beckie Pritschet (+93) 15 years ago
My husband and I have an extra computer we would be willing to give away. It's a Hewlett Packard that I got about 4-5 years ago. It hasn't really been used for anything except to store photos on and play Solitaire and to be honest, I don't know a whole lot more about it than that. If you're interested in it at all, you can email me at [email protected] and can set up a time after 5:00 in the afternoon where you can take a look at it if you'd like.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11898) 15 years ago
Never mind. I brought my old iMac down for my publishing work and the old assistant city clerk's computer should be mine soon. Not sure if it comes with a monitor but I have the keyboard and mouse already.

Amorette
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+15076) 15 years ago
Brian: I don't know Amorette very well at all, but I guess I know her better than you.