Fuel Prices To HIGH in Miles City
Posted by JCC (+90) 9 years ago
fuel prices in Miles City are higher than the national average; fuel is almost ten cents cheaper in Billings what is the deal
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16502) 9 years ago
The Chevron just up the hill from me here in Redmond, WA, wants $3.759/gallon for the lowest grade of unleaded. What is it in Miles City?
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+509) 9 years ago
Well, my guess for a higher price in MC is the distance from the nearest refinery, aka Billings or Mandan. Trucking and all that.

Houston , the self claimed Energy Capital of America, is $3.42.

[This message has been edited by M T Zook (8/22/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14724) 9 years ago
http://www.gasbuddy.com/g...remap.aspx

Houston , the self claimed Energy Capital of America

That's funny.... Gillette calls itself the Energy Capital of the Nation.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (8/22/2011)]
3.69 reg

diesel is what I am pissed about 3.979 a gallon how are ranchers going to make any money
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14724) 9 years ago
diesel is what I am pissed about 3.979 a gallon how are ranchers going to make any money

October cattle are trading at $124.00/cwt. If you know what you are doing, that will work.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (8/22/2011)]
Posted by ocne (+482) 9 years ago
If you think prices are bad in MC, try going to Sidney, or even Glendive. I was through Sidney two weeks ago and unleaded was 20 cents a gallon higher than MC. Glendive was 10 cents a gallon higher.

Was just in Billings this past weekend and paid $3.63.

I heard close to a month ago that Jordan was over $4...and I'm not talking about diesel.
supporter
Posted by M T Zook (+509) 9 years ago
http://americasenergycapital.org/

Who knew?

And, the price of diesel stinks, but that is the cost of doing business. All heavy industries and most small ones are being affected by the cost of fuel. Airlines, railroads, and agriculture too. I am not defending the costs, but saying it isn't just the ranchers that are 'suffering'.
diesel is still to high bottom line
Posted by Lisa McRae (+44) 9 years ago
We travel from Miles City to Kansas City at least twice a year and the highest gas prices we pay are always in Montana.
supporter
Posted by Jeanne M Bole (+184) 9 years ago
On South Broadway in Littleton the price has dropped from 3.33 to 3.29. So I guess we are pretty lucky.
Posted by Dave Golterman (+236) 9 years ago
I'd like to see more E85 stations around. I just came back from a trip to Bismarck and we bought E30 for $3.39 a gallon. E85 was $2.49 a gallon. My Chevy Impala is a FlexFuel vehicle and ran nicely on 30% ethanol. I don't see why it would do any different on 85% ethanol.
Posted by Mary Bonine (+30) 9 years ago
I checked today as I went by a fuel station here in the Emerald City:
Unleaded $3.95
Diesel $4.19
founder
Posted by David Schott (+16502) 9 years ago
I saw $3.859/gal for the lowest grade unleaded at a notoriously high-priced Chevron in downtown Redmond yesterday.

This site has a table of state gas tax rates:

TAX FOUNDATION: State Gasoline Tax Rates, as of January 1, 2011