Posted by Kathy Meidinger (+28) 8 years ago
Is the farmer's market still going on every Sat. morning? If so, how many vendors are usually there?
Posted by gypsykim (+1557) 8 years ago
The farmer's market is from 8:00-12:00 on Saturday mornings and I believe they have started the Tuesday evenings downtown. I don't know how many are there but the produce should be rolling in so there should be quite a few. I read somewhere that they are expecting peaches, blueberries and corn this week.
Posted by Steve Allison (+983) 8 years ago
The Tuesday evening market starts at 5 PM. and is on the side street off Main next to Discovery Pond. If you are looking for sweet corn, be early and prepared to wait in line. It is popular.
Posted by Kathy Meidinger (+28) 8 years ago
Thanks!

Green beans and dill actually - any chance I'll be able to get some?
Posted by Stan Wheeler (+1166) 8 years ago
Stef has tons of dill. Give her a call at 234-2644.
supporter
Posted by Lincoln (+138) 7 years ago
Hi. I maybe should start a new thread with this as this is pretty old, but I was hoping someone could tell me how many weeks a year the farmer's market is and how to get in touch with the market manager to find prices for booths? I am moving to MC in the Spring and am putting together a business plan for a market booth.
Posted by RB (+439) 7 years ago
I think spots are $5 per day. IDK who to contact. What is your business/what will you be selling?
supporter
Posted by Lynne (+140) 7 years ago
Verlin and Bernadette Miller are the contacts. I will let them know that you are asking.
supporter
Posted by Lincoln (+138) 7 years ago
I specialize in edible flowers and edible flower products like salad mixes, vinegars, flowered butters and soft cheeses (mainly goat chevre right now), candied flowers for cakes and desserts, and teas. I might not be able to pull it off this season, depending on when we settle and what kind of garden area I'll end up with. It looks like housing is kinda scarce there right now... but i suppose that is another thread!
Posted by RB (+439) 7 years ago
Ah that sounds amazing Lincoln! Do you grow everything organically? Do you have your own milk goats? Housing does seem to be scarce around here, it is true Where are you moving from? You can also email me if you don't want all this info public
supporter
Posted by Lincoln (+138) 6 years ago
Hi,
Yes I do grow all organic. It's actually super dangerous to eat edible flowers treated with pesticides as the residue stays on flowers more than other plant parts. Plus the flavor is lost.
We are moving from Oregon, I think we will be there first of May I hope. I grew up in western Nebraska so I am pretty familiar with climate in high prairies.
I do not have goats, but I work with a small dairy here. Hoping I can find a similar situation there, though I do love goats so in a few years, who knows?

Looking forward to new friends in MC!

BTW, know anyone who served in the peace corps there? My husband and I met in Peace Corps and we are active in our returned volunteer network here. Would love to do something there as well.
Posted by Ranch1 (+34) 6 years ago
Lincon I know where ther is a place for rent in MC with large Organic garden. Rent reasonable.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1519) 6 years ago
Ranch1. would this be in our area?
Yes it is in the MC area.
Posted by EJR (+42) 6 years ago
Use extreme caution when dealing with Ranch1. Lots of promises, but she never delivers. ANY and EVERY detail that is not STRONGLY worded IN WRITING will be altered to your disadvantage. And I guarantee you that if you deal with her, LOTS of "understandings" WILL occur that are not in writing, and you will get burned on every one. Talk to her neighbors before you rent from her. And visit City Hall and have someone show you the land ownership of the area. She is sitting on over 4 acres of stolen city land.

Protect yourself. Get EVERYTHING in writing when dealing with Ranch1. Starting with proof that she even owns the house she is trying to rent you!!! No joke. Get official city documents of ownership. Demand to see the deed. And make sure she puts actual fence posts in the ground to clearly identify exactly what space you can call "your yard". EVERY DETAIL IN WRITING.

Stop by and look at her house. 702 N. 2nd. Get references from her neighbors. Just take measures to protect yourself.

And it is illegal to call your garden "organic" unless it is certified. She's not even close to qualifying for certification. And the garden is not on her land, so it could never be certified.
Posted by homesweet (+62) 6 years ago
I agree with EJR, please don't rent from/deal with Ranch1. Scarey lady.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4463) 6 years ago
C'mon, name names.
Well EJR is in a nice jail cell tonight. If you want the truth instead of the ranting of a sociopath I would be more than happy to provide them. I have nothing to hide but he does. Any questions are welcome. Sincerely rancher1
I am truely sorry that my son trusted EJR and his partner Trudy to care for his garden and animals and he welcomed them here. What a mistake. Lesson learned. Check references and names before you trust someone with your home and animals. They have a long history in many states with the law. They have done it before to many trusting people like us only to run from the law under false names to another state. Hopefully karma will get them in the end. So sad they could have had a wonderful life here but they as sociopaths choose to destry their lives once again. Some people never learn.

[This message has been edited by Ranch1 (3/1/2013)]
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9770) 6 years ago
As the Cowtown Turns. The Edge of Yesterday. Dark Cowpies. The Bold and the Ugly. There are just SO many possibilities.
Just remember the truth is the truth. Lies are just lies. You can always prove the truth. You can't no matter how hard you try prove a lie is the truth. That is what EJR did. Like I said so sad. He once again pooped in his bed. You would think he would learn from his past mistakes. But then again who cares.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+1831) 6 years ago
So is there a Farmers Market?
LOL. Thanks for the humor.
Posted by celeste williams (+160) 6 years ago
WOW! The nutters have escaped from the nut hut. Someone grab the thorazine before somebody gets hurt. It's people like these that reaffirm my decision to remain anonymous.
Posted by celeste williams (+160) 6 years ago
BTW when does the farmers market start back up again??
supporter
Posted by Lincoln (+138) 6 years ago
that was my first question. its always a crap shoot on the internet. I was just wondering how long the market ran. And I assure you, whoever you are, that i am a big girl and have been around the block a few times.
but thanks for your concern.