Swimmers Itch...beware
Posted by Rocky (+188) 9 years ago
Just wanted to get the message out for other parents. My kids went swimming in the Oasis yesterday, and they now have swimmers itch. They did rinse off, but of course that didn't help. I know it is a chance you take by swimming in standing water, just wanted to let others know to make sure if your kids swim in the Oasis to make sure they come straight home and shower good to help prevent them from getting it. Thanks!
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8972) 9 years ago
I ran into a guy today in the locker room... at work... in Boise ID... and he told me about the swimmers itch at the Miles City Oasis.

I'm not joking - this actually happened.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14673) 9 years ago
I went to the Bison one time and got bar chair itch... not sure if the county sanitarian went to get a stool sample or not. (where is that sarcasm font)

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (8/16/2011)]
supporter
Posted by julieinmc (+511) 9 years ago
My son got it years ago and I put him right in a baking soda bath and gave him benadryl. That took care of it right away, but I sure was leery of ever letting him go back,
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+665) 9 years ago
went to the Bison one time and got bar chair itch... not sure if the county sanitarian went to get a stool sample or not. (where is that sarcasm font)

supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1430) 9 years ago
"Militant Defenders of the crystal clear, pure, natural, it-really-is-a-swimming-pool Oasis UNITE in 3... 2..."
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14673) 9 years ago
1... Blast off.

supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16627) 9 years ago
I would suggest that the city procure a 55-gallon drum of copper sulfate, and dump that into the pool area of the Oasis in order to eradicate the schistosomatidae causing the itch.

Blue-colored children are better than itchy children.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1430) 9 years ago
I hereby officially approve of Richard's post just because.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+756) 9 years ago
The Glendive Girls Swim Team hereby challenges Richard's team to a belly flop contest. In a chlorinated pool, though.
http://www.ebaumsworld.co...ew/653357/

[This message has been edited by Jeff Denton (8/17/2011)]
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4949) 9 years ago
supporter
Posted by Just Me (+742) 9 years ago
I was there last year just sitting on the bench. I didn't even go near the water and my legs from my knees down were all bitten.

Could it possibly be something in the sand that gets hauled in there? Just a thought.
supporter
Posted by clancee k collins (+165) 9 years ago
Darned if I knew there were Sand Fleas at the Oasis? Does Montana have Sand Fleas,I have run across some Sand Fleas tryng to bite me while I was sitting at a barstool......coincidence, Maybe? Does the stoll sample indicate Sand Flea larvae.....