8th grader starting school
Posted by ellie may (+474) 10 years ago
i assume she will go to washington, right? is there sports for them to get into? what about activities for this age group during the school year?
Posted by tej (+20) 10 years ago
Yes your 8th grader will go to Washington Middle School. It is a wonderful school with great teachers. Volleyball sign-ups will be sometime during the first couple of weeks of school. She will need to have a sport physical and parent permission all filled out. You can pick these up in the office after the 16th. There is also cross country offered in the fall. Basketball in the winter, and tennis, golf or track in the spring. There are all kinds of in school activities. Student Council, Builders Club, choir, cheerleading. For more information call the school at 234-2084 after the 16th during the day.
awesome thank you. we have been here 4 years but my son has graduated. now my sister-n-law will be living with us and she is in 8th grade. thank you so much for the information.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11900) 10 years ago
Look into Builder's Club. They do cool stuff.
what do they do in builders club or what is it?
Posted by Steve Allison (+975) 10 years ago
It is a service club. They do a variety of fun fund raising activities during the school year then finish off the year with a big shopping spree for the Food Bank and other community needs service places. I have photographed the shopping in some past years and along with the fun of shopping they learn a lot about how much things cost and how quickly filling a list runs up a sizable bill.
Posted by brittany_95 (+344) 10 years ago
Builder's Club was fun and all but gets really boring at the meetings but completely worth it! They have things like basketball, golf, yearbook comity (but its an actual class that you get a grade for), track, cross country, you can also try student counsel. I'm pretty sure there's more but I can't come up with more off the top of my head. But a the classes I found that I REALLY liked was Reading Quest, and Keyboarding.. Good Luck!