Had enough of the dummies being elected ??
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 10 years ago
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 10 years ago
This is absolutely no surprise to anyone who has ever witnessed Perry try to think on his feet. For all his effort, the man can't hide the plain fact that he's a moran.

The sad thing is, in normal times all of those Cs, Ds and Fs would be nails in Perry's coffin. Unfortunately, a poor academic record is a plus in today's anti-intellectual political environment. So chances are good that this news will make Perry a Tea Party Gawd.

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (8/5/2011)]
supporter
Oh Gawd, and Gawd forbid....
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 10 years ago
It seems to me that Mr. Perry may not have choosen his classes or major wisely. At least it explains his position on global warming.

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (8/5/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15082) 10 years ago
I understand getting a D in Organic Chem... been there done that. I don't understand getting a D in Meats (easy A, if you can't tell a chuck roast from a rump roast, you have a problem) or Feeds & Feeding?

More than grades, however, I am appalled by the those things that are ungraded that have shaped his worldview. On top of all the other problems we have, we don't need to add theocracy to the list.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9307) 10 years ago
So you're not going to his "Caesaropapists For Perry" meeting next week Richard?

Also, he killed a man just to watch him die (http://en.wikipedia.org/w...Willingham) which, sadly, is probably a plus in the eyes of the types of voters who vote for Perry.
Posted by tax payer (+351) 10 years ago
Howdy...would you post Obama's grades?
Posted by Jan Cornutt (+270) 10 years ago
If you are not going to vote for him why cut him down ? I won't vote for him either, in fact I don't care if he got straight f's in college. I wouldn't (and haven't) voted for obama either mainly on the fact of who he associates with. No one has been able to get his transcripts, not that it matters anyway.....korkyII
supporter
Yeah, I can't really stand Timothy Genther or any of those Goldman-Sach's pukes either...

Wait... that's probably not what you meant though, is it?

I mean, there's plenty of good reasons not to vote for Obama, but lies and bs probably shouldn't be them.

You and tax_avoider both strike me as Bachmann men though, so I'm sure this will be interesting.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (8/5/2011)]
supporter
Jan asks (seriously, I assume):

If you are not going to vote for him why cut him down ?

Well, allow me to count the reasons.

1) Because the man has poorly hidden aspirations to run for president despite his lack of ability to run a state, let alone a country. His policies are non-starters (Trans Texas Corridor, anyone?) and his appointees are hacks. And although he's been elected governor several times, he has never been elected with a majority of votes - usually in the 30% range. Some record, eh???

2. Because the kingmakers behind the man's aspirations are already churning out all kinds of misinformation about his record and his abilities, and lies should never go unchallenged.

3. Because Mr. Perry and his ilk represent all that is most reprehensible in the leaders of the radical right, that being a fundamental (npi) misunderstanding of what America stands for. Yet they are cock-sure of their crusade to convert the USA into a Christian nation, which is frightening to say the least. (note: I am a Christian)

4. Because Mr. Perry has trumpeted his dubious role in keeping Texas' economy healthy, all the while downplaying his definite role in decimating Texas' environmental protections (which were already weak) and it's educational system (which was already struggling). I can't stand idly by and watch the same thing happen nationwide.

So, thank you for asking the question, Jan. I appreciated the opportunity to answer. Please let me know if you'd like to hear more because there's plenty more to say on this topic - but I think that's enough for now.

P.S. Wendy: *chosen* (I'm having way too much fun with this, and I know I'll pay dearly some day!)

supporter
And he killed a man. I'm going to take every opportunity to point that out to every Christianist I come across who thinks Perry is some sort of evangelical exemplar.
supporter
Oh ya, there is that. Typical Right-wing conservative MO. Claim to be a paragon of virtue, then turn out to be nothing of the sort.

In this case, Perry allowed a man to be executed when all the evidence pointed to a flawed trial and a dysfunctional justice system. But rather than admit to a mistake or any weakness whatsoever (heresy to Tea Party types), he conspired with his cronies to keep the facts from coming to the surface in order to avoid political embarrassment.

And now this moran is claiming not only to be a good Christian, but a courageous MAN of GOD on a mission to bring the USA to Jesus Christ. Key-Riste! What a crazy world!

Look for Perry to soon join the League of Disgraced Conservative Hypocrites - Jim Bakker, Robert Tilton, Teg Haggard, Tpm Foley, etc.
supporter
You bet I would post Obama's grades and anyone elses as I cannot stand either party...I am a true independent and favor noone except those that keep their promises and vote for my values...
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17731) 10 years ago
I have come to the conclusion that its the system, more than the elected representatives, who are at fault. The late Bob Kelleher recognized this, which is why I voted for him in the last election against Max Baucus.

As soon as the pea-brained idiots toting pocket constitutions in their hip pocket next to their snoose cans realize this, the better off we will be.

Tell me....why, if we are the first democracy around since 1776, have no other countries modeled their new democracies after us?

The fact of the matter is.....our constitution sucks. Why not have a constitutional convention, and make a new one that reflects 21st century realities, instead of a 18th century compromise between slave owners and industrialists?

Oh wait...that will never happen....as half of our electortate are morans.

Your turn, Rick.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 10 years ago
Tell me....why, if we are the first democracy around since 1776, have no other countries modeled their new democracies after us?

Uhhhh...
supporter
Well... a lot of south american countries use the US model, as opposed to most of the rest of the democratic world, which uses the Westminster system.

Germany is kind of in-between.
Obama hasn't lied to us ? I think he has or he wouldn't be a politician. As far as Perry goes, so far he's not running for the republican nomination, so whats the big issue? How he runs his state is between him and the people of texas......korkyII
supporter
What a relief! Until now all of us poor MC.commies had no idea who or what we can and canNOT talk about on MC.com. Thank you, Jan, for clearing that up.

Oy!

When a governor of any state starts making comments that they're "thinking about" running for president, then it's time to start looking at their record and their values.

As for discussing it on MC.com, the beauty of this site is that it allows people from Miles City and beyond to discuss issues that effect their world, however large or small that world might be. MC.com connect Miles City to the rest of the world and (perhaps more importantly) it also connects the world to Miles City.

I can see how for some, that concept is pretty scary.

supporter
Agree Steve, which is why MC.COM is such a special site...thank you Larry...Kudos!!
I didn't say you couldn't talk about him, you can talk all you want. Why don't you talk about the liberals and attack them the way you do conservatives ? or harrangue on other religions like you do christians?.....korkyII
supporter
Jan - I have never, ever harangued any religious group. I challenge you to stand behind that empty allegation.

Now, individuals who wear their Christianity on their sleeve and accuse others of "cherry picking" Christ's teachings while they do the very same thing - well, that's another matter. I hate hypocrisy. And I take to task self-identified Christian individuals who claim that the USA is a Christian nation because they are idiots who don't know their history - and I believe in calling a spade a spade.

Regarding your second complaint, if posting the records of conservatives is seen as "attacking" them, there isn't much I can do about that. See above comments about hypocrites and spades.

As for Liberals, the fact is I think it's very important to hold Liberals accountable when they do stupid things because that reflects poorly on us all. I have no idea why Eliot Spitzer and Anthony Weiner literally wasted their careers. Dumb dumb dumb.

But I also offer these little observations:

** Liberal zealots are typically relegated to a website or one of a very few TV shows; I can't think of one that has even a sliver of a chance of being elected president. Conservative zealots have their own 24/7 network, are running amok in Washington, literally held the Country hostage for the sake of advancing their narrow agenda, and several have raised serious money in their bid for the White House.

** Liberal politicians' bad ideas usually only affect them and their immediate families; Conservative politicians, on the other hand, seem committed to imposing their narrow-minded anti-American ideas on the rest of the country. That, more than anything, pisses me off.

founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11965) 10 years ago
If this isn't running for President, he must be campaigning for Saint. Wait. He's Protestant. I'm not sure what he is running for if not President.

http://www.mail.com/news/...subhero1-0
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6171) 10 years ago
Crap, Steve. Now you're becoming as bad as me. By the way:

*its*

If this isn't running for President, he must be campaigning for Saint. Wait. He's Protestant. I'm not sure what he is running for if not President.

Amorette, if he converted to Mormonism he could already call himself a saint. Oops, don't want to give him any ideas.

[This message has been edited by Wendy Wilson (8/6/2011)]
supporter
Hi Wendy. I knew I was playing with fire and inviting the wrath of Khan when I posted those corrections! What was I thinking???

That said --- Unless Miss Granger taught me wrong way back when, I believe the proper contraction for "it is" is "it's" and the possessive of "it" is "its".

Soooo --- I may be missing my error, but I could not locate any "it's vs. its" mistakes when I took a quick look at my posts above.