Posted by Jimmie (+51) 11 years ago
Many people may not know but there has been embezzelment from the softball board over the last couple years. This is not rumor. It was admitted and money paid back. The board will be deciding to press charges at a meeting coming up soon. I have been told that the board doesn't want to do anything about it because they got the money back and they dont want the hassle and headache. When you choose to take a spot on a board you don't represent yourself any more. You now represent the people who pay funds in to the organization. It doesn't matter if you don't want the hassle. You have a responsiblity to the sponsors and the parents of the girls who play in the youth league to look out for their best interest because they are the ones who give the board the money and they expect their money to be taken care of. It was not the board's money stolen, it was theirs. Do the right thing. Your personal interests don't matter. This is wrong to sweep this under the rug and act like nothing hapened because it is a headache to you. You are allowing no consequnces for a serious situation. Look at the way the hocky board handled it. That is the right way.
Posted by KM (+74) 11 years ago
I agree with Jimmie!!
Posted by Jimmie (+51) 11 years ago
Zzzzzzzzz wanted this one out of here
Posted by TH (+162) 11 years ago
Really! I agree with Jimmie too!
Posted by Joe Smity (+104) 11 years ago
But what the hockey board did is not politics as usual in Miles City. Here we make our own laws where graft, extortion, harassment, fiduciary irresponsibility and vote fixing have no personal or professional consequences.

If the party in question is part of the "good ole boy" cliche, don't expect anything to be done about it. That is the unfortunate reality of Custer County.

And please don't lay awake asking about the ethics of the situation, we just don't have that many people of different skin color here. Oh wait, that's ethnics isn't it?! Silly me, I'm confused. Then I have wonder what that other word means...
supporter
Posted by Mrs. M (+713) 11 years ago
At the very least all checks must be co-signed from here on. I agree, it should be prosecuted. The problem is when they get cash money from fund raisers etc, which fluctuate. Years ago, AAU Wrestling had a similar problem. They couldn't prove it so no prosecution.