BB gun team
Posted by Montana Kid (+118) 9 years ago
An Eastern Montana BB gun team just took second place at nationals! Don't know anything about the sport except it's highly regulated and supervised. And it's a great thing for these young shooters to do so well. OK it's the Glendive team, so without any snarky comments you gotta admit that's a pretty impressive showing from Eastern Montana.
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1431) 9 years ago
Competitive air gun shooting is pretty cool. I've never heard of "BB Gun teams" exactly (as the competitions I've seen are pellet gun target shooting).

I wonder what the BB gun one is all about? I'll try to find an article or something.

[This message has been edited by Dan Mowry (7/4/2011)]
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1910) 9 years ago
How many more?

Posted by cyndie (+345) 9 years ago
I hope the guy that pulled up in front of my house in the silver car shooting robins off my bird feeder isn't on the team. She had 4 babies in a nest right above her.
Posted by Montana Kid (+118) 9 years ago
"Daisy Outdoor Products and other organizations annually sponsor the Shooting Education Program to teach young people gun safety and introduce them to the sport of shooting.

The 46th Annual Daisy National BB Gun Championship Match scheduled for July 1-3, 2011 to be held again in our hometown of Rogers , Arkansas. Daisy is celebrating its 125th Anniversary in 2011 and we have some fun things planned for everyone attending the DNBBGCM."

~~took this off Daisy BB Guns website.
The "Glendive Lead Devils won second in this Nationals match in Arkansas
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2605) 9 years ago
cyndie, I agree the same people, we assume shot my mom's picture window three times. Hope they catch them and beat them.
sponsor
Posted by Kristi Randall (+179) 9 years ago
cubby and cyndie, watch for a silver taurus. He's my mom's neighbor and his name is Chris Gulden. He is a vandal with no remorse. I advise the entire town to be on a lookout. He has shot out several of my parents' windows throughout the years and recently there has been complaint of dead birds in the neighborhood of head start.

Maybe he should join the bb gun team and put his skills to use.

[This message has been edited by Kristi Randall (7/5/2011)]
supporter
Kristi thanks so much for the info, we have a I witness that is going to identify him and press full charges if it was him.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+14724) 9 years ago
Really? Did your "I witness" C anything?
supporter
The eye witness that I mentioned went to talk to the kids driving the car in question and ripped the drivers mirror off when the kid smarted off and threw the car in reverse. They were in his neighborhood also shooting robins out of the front yards of peoples houses at 2 in the afternoon. Then he called dispatch and gave them the plate number and a description of the car but must have had a number mixed up when he did so. So yes he did his part and when he gets to town I'm going to have him identify this kid because he does know what he looks like.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+16662) 9 years ago
I wish the BB gun team would come to Helena, and take aim at the magpies and crows in my neighborhood.
Posted by Dave Golterman (+236) 9 years ago
Jaycee chapters across Montana used to be the local sponsors of the Daisy program. When I was in the Baker Jaycees in the 90's we hosted the State Championship. The kids had to pass a written test on gun safety and ettiquette as well as be good shots.

Some of the coaches were extremely competitive. For example, the hand selected BB's for their kids to shoot and even though we got passes to the pool at the Baker Rec Complex for all the teams, some couldn't go swimming because the coach was worried that the chlorine would affect their eye sight.

Glendive had a very competitive team back then, as did Laurel, Belgrade and Havre. I seem to remember at least one of the Belgrade girls from that year going on to winning a college rifle team scholarship as well as a place on the Olympic Development team. I doubt any of the kids went on a spree shooting songbirds or burros.
supporter
I'm confused...

A BB gun team (bless their hearts they're probably just a dork-level above the chess team) is in town so it's assumed that any vandalism done via BB gun was their work - not the work of any other boy under 18?

It's Montana - by law every boy under 18 is required to carry six pocket knives, five fire crackers, two condoms, and own at least three BB guns. How does the competition team get the presumption of blame? They'd be off the team in a heartbeat if something like that happened and it's not like they have a shortage of legal avenues to get their guns off.

Then, regarding the eyewitness - by "doing his part" was to vandalize someone's car (rear view mirror) because of a smart attitude?

When the police follow through on that one will the kid/s in the Taurus be charged with MAYBE shooting a gun and being mouthy or will the eyewitness be charged with actually doing damage to their car which actually happened?
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3717) 9 years ago
I don't think that anyone is suggesting that the Glendive BB gun team are the vandals. They are just taking the opportunity to vent about some of the less productive users of BB guns.

Also, the Glendive "Lead Devils" is a fantastic name for a BB gun team.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (7/6/2011)]
supporter
Thanks Levi
I think the BB gun team is great. I was not blaming them. I'd like to get my son on it. We do a lot of hunting and fishing, but I don't appreciate some one shooting song birds off my bird feeders and also pointing directly at a picture window in my house. I also wouldn't like one of the kids playing in the yard to lose an eye. Makes me wonder about our pets, too. How many times have they been shot at.
supporter
I wouldn't want anyone shooting anybody or anything non-sanctioned, either.

Reading some of the above comments (not to mention the potentially illegal response of vandalizing a car because someone was mouthy) is what prompted my questions about perspective and conclusions.

I agree it looks interesting - not surprised you'd like to get your son involved. I think it'd be great.
sponsor
Posted by Kristi Randall (+179) 9 years ago
I pressed charges. Got the little jerk on video.

Go BB Gun teams!
Way to go!!!!