dogs dying of unknown causes?
supporter
Posted by joycegibson (+278) 10 years ago
2 people I know have had dogs die suddenly in the past few days, has
else had any sick dogs?
Posted by Trent Hess (+97) 10 years ago
there has been a lot of missing dogs
Posted by Bill Bloom (-323) 10 years ago
Those first hot days maybe could be hard on pets , I was thinking older animals with lots of hair maybe subject to heat stroke. After watching my old cat the other day it struck me that I needed to get him out of the extreme heat and sun.
supporter
Posted by Bill Zook (+492) 10 years ago
Be sure your dogs are not licking up anti-freeze spots from cars in this hot weather. Not even bears can withstand the poisoning.
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 10 years ago
Did they show any symptoms of illness before dying? Were they from the same neighborhood? Any similarities?
supporter
thanks for your inputs.....
Posted by Aaden's Mom (+48) 10 years ago
Their dogs could have also caught the Parvo virus. Heat stroke is possible but dogs with long hair are actually not subject to that as long as they have water. Their fur works as a cooling system the same way it does their heating system. If you shave them, they have a higher chance of kidney failure. I had that happen to a dog once and I was told this by a vet.
Posted by luvlife (+292) 10 years ago
Dogs ususally do not just die for NO reason....either poisioned or it was the heat....not proper care....water....animals need fresh water daily....please...if you are a animal owner....they need care.

I use to work in a vet clinic...and we saw cases of neglect in the fact that when summer temps. come into high gear....we forget to give them shaded areas....especially animals left in a caged area or on a leash. Water needs to be kept clean as it can become contaiminated also.

I have not been on here for awhile...did they ever find out why these dogs died??? Thank you!
BUMP up....just curious if anything was found out about the dying dogs??? Thank you!
supporter
no they didn't, and the dogs weren't in contact with each other...since no one else posted of their dogs dying without cause, maybe it was just a coincidence? or heat?
Thanks for the reply, joyce!