Miles City Mavericks/ Breast Cancer Awareness!!!
Posted by Tina Bean (+415) 10 years ago
Come join the Miles City Mavericks as they host Miles City Little League/Breast Cancer Awareness Night at Denton Field. The public is welcome to come to enjoy the game and support the teams....along with supporting Breast Cancer Awareness!! (wear pink and get in free) Donations for Breast Cancer Awareness will be graciously accepted!!!

All players and coaches are encouraged to come to the Maverick baseball game on Sat July 2nd 6pm to have their names announced as they run onto Denton Field with their team.

The Mavericks will be playing Glendive immediately after the festivities!!!

***********Little League players***************
Don't forget to wear your team shirt for free admission and to be recognized as a team WITH your team!!!
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 10 years ago
Where exactly is the money going?
I'm not sure that we have narrowed down a specific foundation...we have looked at a couple. This is one http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html

If you have any suggestions to help the boys in making their decision I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 10 years ago
That's the place to put your money if you are giving it to charity. You could consider attempting a deal with Holy Rosary to pay for screening mammograms for the public on a certain day, those deals aren't too difficult to pull off.

As a note for next year, I've seen some clubs who play on Father's Day raise money and awareness about prostate cancer. Baby blue on that day.
Posted by gypsykim (+1556) 10 years ago
I encourage you to look at the Montana Breast and Cervical Health Program. It pays for mammograms and pap smears for women between the ages of 40 and 65 who are un/under-insured. Check with the County Health Nurse at the Court House.

Secondly, if you look at "where the money goes", Komen spends a lot of money on administration--23%. If you want to make good use of the money donated look to an organization like the American Cancer Society. They spend less than 7% of their money on administration and a much greater percentage on research--working towards a cure and saving lives.

Personally, if I were to attend the game and donate, I would want to know where the money was going. And I'd make my check out to the American Cancer Society. By the way, your American Cancer Society fights hard to keep the state and federal funds for the Montana Breast and Cervical Health Program.
Thanks for the idea...I will call county health on Monday!! Would rather see the money stay in the community or at least in the state!! Great idea!!
Posted by TH (+160) 10 years ago
Don't forget to come cheer on the Mavs Friday at 3:00 and 6:30 and again on Saturday at 6:30.