WALLMART!!!!!!!
Posted by frost (+58) 11 years ago
I just feel like this is stupid. Wallmart is always hireing looking and saying there understaffed. Allways in the jobservice papers telling people to apply. They make themselves look to be a business trying to help with are crapy econemy. But what they don't tell u is they will not hire you anymore if you worked there before hand. So in turn what us as customers recive is empolyees having free range cause they can call in sick all the time and not do there job cause wallmart can't afford to fire them. Because they will not hire previous workers that may have left because of a family tragedy or finding a new job or trying somthing diffrent. They way wallmart is making themselves out to be is like the 1920s coal mining jobs in and around butte making citys making work but not giving them a chance to survive and if they turn once there history. There is wallmart employees that do there job and are good workers but there is more bad then good. When u hire a person with no knowledge of working on vehicals or changing oil or tires or anything with a vehical a job over someone that has over 5 years experience I believe its discrimination. Now u tell me who would u have picked in that instance? Also would you really feel safe taking your car there now that u know this? Wallmart needs to get a clue they can't do rehire shutouts in such a small town and I know if they had random piss test that store would be shut down
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15421) 11 years ago
Maybe a Frosty the Snowman Joke will cheer you up:

Q: Why did Frosty the Snowman want a divorce?

A: Because he thought his wife was a flake.

Q: What is Frosty the Snowman's favorite book ?

A: War and Frozen Peas !
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2666) 11 years ago
This is not all true, my dad has been hired there twice. Just saying
Posted by joe ferris (+27) 11 years ago
and cubby's dad is a great people greeter him and mr. leatherberry do a great job and will accully great you when you come in and will say thank you when you leave
Posted by Steve Allison (+973) 11 years ago
I know from when I was management at the Bozeman K-Mart, if they will hire you back depends on how you left the last time. Did one give 2 weeks notice, have reasons or just call in "I Quit" or stop showing up. The way you quit a job effects you life after working there, including if the old boss is called for a reference.
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2837) 11 years ago
Judging from the spelling and grammar in the original post...
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton (+755) 11 years ago
Good one, Kelly. Yeah the company prefers to hire personnel who can spell the name of the store correctly. You don't necessarily have to get your name right, luckily.
But I do agree, WalMart is not as good for the economy as they want stupid people to think they are.
Ya they have to hire mouth breathers.
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3860) 11 years ago
Frost, my dear boy and or girl, I can't imagine in my wildest dreams why Wal-Mart would not employ you. As for me, I have only seen people of the very highest caliber occupying those lofty positions and why would you not want to be re-hired? After all, just think of the chance for advancement, the pleasant working conditions and opportunity to mingle with only the cream of society. Oh! lets not for get those spiffy, blue outfits. Why, how anyone can not forgive your outrage is quite beyond me.
Tucker all I was wondering is why they wont hire people with knowledge of what they are doing. Insted they hire brain demons. Im not mad that they wont hire but it the fact kinda down on my luck and there's no work to over qualified. Just a job is all and me being a person who wants to work compared to them at walmart that never show up or do there work see my point job sucks but its a job
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1908) 11 years ago
Brain demons!?
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 11 years ago
You don't play enough Diablo.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2309) 11 years ago
So your reason for leaving is...?
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+672) 11 years ago
So your reason for leaving is...?

He burned his last bridge when his petition for adding the second "L" to the company name was denied
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12508) 11 years ago
When you left Wal(l) Mart before, did you give two weeks notice? Were you a highly rated, dependable employee or did you not show up and slough off when you were there? If you left with a good rating, you would be hired back. If you quit without warning or did a lousy job the first time, why would they give you a second chance?

Remember, kiddies, how you leave a job may very well have an affect on whether you are hired for the next one.
Posted by Former (+178) 11 years ago
I'm with Amorette on this one. They would hire back a GOOD employee, I'm certain.
supporter
Remember, kiddies, how you leave a job may very well have an affect effect on whether you are hired for the next one.

Fixed it for you, A.
I left cause my father died is the reason and brain demon isn't diablo I don't play that rpg crap brain demons is better names for retards
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1719) 11 years ago
Well, that blows that.

I was just going to offer you a job as a Special Ed. Outreach Coordinator Specializing in Corrective Spelling and Continuing Employment Practices.

<Whew> That was close.

FH
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+15421) 11 years ago
Frank...
supporter
Posted by SeptyTwo (+672) 11 years ago
well Frank..

how about offering him a job as a test subject?
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 11 years ago
Frost, my sympathies on the loss of your father. NOT ONE PERSON on here knows what you went through or had to do when your father died. So don't pay any attention to their rantings.

As for your spelling, I also prefer people to spell correctly. BUT some of the best employees I ever hired couldn't spell very well. BUT they were diligent, hard working people who could do their job well.

I hope the people on here knock off the rudeness and stop making jokes about you. You sound like you are seriously looking for work. What do you know how to do? Perhaps if you listed some of your credentials on here you could make some connections and find a job. I wish you good luck.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9506) 11 years ago
I really hate threads where I end up agreeing with Kacey. It just feels wrong.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4947) 11 years ago
LOL, Bridgier....
Ya I know spelling correctly is a big thing. The only reason things are spelt wrong or have correct punctuation is because I do this on my phone I type fast and mess up. And im not mad at these low life parasites that have to make fun of a person spelling errors. See the just wan to put there 2 cents in this conversation cause they have nothing pertenat to say. See I have a high iq so don't judge on somthing you don't know. But oh wate this is miles city the place of corrupt cops and judges and old people that bitch bout evreything new. But im done suck it easy al. And kacey thank you
Posted by bc8907 (+72) 11 years ago
That.. was... AWESOME!
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10306) 11 years ago
Sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck finding work.
supporter
frost,

Having lost my own father I know well how difficult it can be. If you are as smart as you say you are, for God's sake, go to college. Make your dad proud instead of wallowing away at Walmart.
I am going to school this year I worked at walmart when I was 18 I have worked oil rigs ever since I just need a job till school starts
Posted by Richelle (+186) 11 years ago
As a former employee of walmart I would like to say, to my understanding they will rehire you but you have to go through home office to do so. We are always hiring because people are always quitting because of customers that complain to the people that actually show up for work. We have had associates that have had food thrown at them(which is extremely uncalled for). Also, when we hire for each department, we take what we have a choice of. If the person with "5 years experience" applies when they are not needed in the TLE department, they will have to reapply when needed. As a last note... I know everyone there and a piss test sure as hell wouldn't shut it down.
founder
Posted by KELLY BABCOCK (+189) 11 years ago
Richelle, the Walmart in MC must be a one in a million. My wife has worked in retail sales for 37 years, and in the last 10 years, not one single one of those stores had less than 75% of the employees on some type of illegal drugs. If a store can run on only 25% of their employees, then an UA might not make a difference.
One of the things that never fails to amaze me, is how candid people are about their abuse of substances. I worked with a guy, that would take unscheduled breaks to shoot up. It was common knowledge, what he was doing. The boss used to make jokes about it!
Concerning Wal-Marts' rehiring practices.......my missus would take a second job during the holidays, and was rehired by Wal-mart on 4 separate occasions . All they ever asked, was that their rules for quitting be followed. If you didn't follow procedures, you didn't get rehired. And trust me, I'm no fan of Wally World, but employers have a right to set those kinds of conditions for a rehire.
supporter
Posted by Cory Cutting (+1276) 11 years ago
According to Wendy's post...

Wall-owing has 2 "L"'s, Wal-Mart....only one.