Buy silver before July 15th
Posted by cash (+96) 11 years ago
We wanted to make you aware of some upcoming changes to FOREX.com's product offering. As a result of the Dodd-Frank Act enacted by US Congress, a new regulation prohibiting US residents from trading over the counter precious metals, including gold and silver, will go into effect on Friday, July 15, 2011.

In conjunction with this new regulation, FOREX.com must discontinue metals trading for US residents on Friday, July 15, 2011 at the close of trading at 5pm ET. As a result, all open metals positions must be closed by July 15, 2011 at 5pm ET.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12003) 11 years ago
Spam, spam, scam and spam!
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 11 years ago
This doesn't have a thing to do with buying or selling gold or silver bars and coins (cash and carry) in person from a coin dealer. It involves open positions that involve leverage and margins. Read the articles about this carefully.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+10045) 11 years ago
Amorette and Kacey, don't be too quick to judge.

For some people, owning "paper silver" could be a safety issue, they likely shouldn't have access to the real thing. It's gotta be way harder to come down with "the blues" if you don't have access to metallic silver.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/h...297471.stm
Posted by Wil Nelson (+76) 11 years ago
I believe this has to do with "conflict' metals.
Posted by cash (+96) 11 years ago
It effects ordering silver on-line, yes you can still purchase from coin dealers locally but where the he-- are they. You keep investing in paper silver, I don't want paper that is why i have silver.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4456) 11 years ago
I hope it makes for good eating because it won't be worth jack to anyone but the magpies.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 11 years ago
Hey cash, come on down to Utah. According to our legislators we are just lousy with gold and silver.